Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Moving text between layers

I use room numbers to correlate the virtual map with the encounter key and I've inadvertently put several of the numbers (more than half and we're talking 35 - 36 rooms) on the token layer instead of the map layer.  Is there a way to move the text between layers or do I have to manually delete the wrong ones and re-input them on the correct layer? Thanks!
I believe it is right-click on it to change layer to the GM layer. If you have no other tokens out you can drag/select the all to do them at once…
1789939167
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Mike P.,  Right click on the text, select Change Layer, then the layer you want to send it to. 
1789939184

Edited 1789939229
If you select an image (token, text, whatever) and right-click, there is a Change Layer option in the menu. You c3zn hold down the shift key to select multiple objects.
Thanks for the help!
In the future, you could use the Map Pin feature - it's not bound by layers at all, and defaults to invisible to players.
1790119741

Edited 1790120545
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Something potentially useful, you can hold modifiers to adjust what you select when clicking and dragging: ctrl: Selects only Graphics alt: Selects only Text and Lines shift: Selects only Map Pins, Doors, or Windows (Thanks Keith!)
1790120269
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Aaron said: shift: Selects only Map Pins ...and doors and windows. Basically all layerless objects. I did not know about Ctrl...
Control doesn't appear to work on a Mac (where control-click is typically mapped to right click), but this could be a browser or OS setting I made at some point in the past. Alt is really useful though, thanks for the list as I hadn't known about that.
1790194641
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ken S. said: Control doesn't appear to work on a Mac (where control-click is typically mapped to right click), but this could be a browser or OS setting I made at some point in the past. Alt is really useful though, thanks for the list as I hadn't known about that. Works for me. M1 Mac Mini, running Golden Gate. It calls up the contextual menu, but only after it makes the described selection.