Advertisement Create a free account

Different colors to dynamic lighting and light sources

Score + 195
So for example we can turn the overall "darkness" white so it is fog or snow. Or that if we have green crystals in a room let out a green light, fireplaces can be orange and etc.
I agree with this. Daytime Dynamic Lighting gives a dark feel to it because of the black LoS, if we could change the color we could achieve alot of different effects like Fog, Rain, maybe even time of day if we could change its opacity.
Looking forward to it. +1
I didn't see this before I posted my own suggestion for the same thing.  Definately gets my vote!
I really want this to make locations more magical. Got my vote! 
I shall second this suggestion!
Would be nice so that black and white maps are not as confusing when players encounter black walls.
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
This +set colors for Fog of War
Definite  +1 on this!
I know nothing about how the engine is built, but it would be amazing if the Emits Light functionality had a color tint to it, this could make for some really interesting tone to the environment. +1 indeed.
I had a topic I posted but cant find, but I want this.  Blue fungas, red lighting, or a yellow glow.  I do not want the aura, it puts an overlay filter in a diameter contaminating all the icons with said color.
I agree with this I have been using The Aaron's Torch Api but I would like to be able to add colors to different items for example bio-luminescence fungi or magical crystals with different colors.  Would make for a really immersive game for our players.
You know what woild be wicked...if the GM could click a button to remove the colour from maps when a character is using darkvision. 
Fandango said: You know what woild be wicked...if the GM could click a button to remove the colour from maps when a character is using darkvision.  Filters. Totally achievable with  CSS .
I like this idea because I want to be able to use light on an outside map during daytime. I also tried to use lighting for a puzzle but the players couldnt see it because of their darkvision / torches light being the same brigtness.
Posting a bump and putting a vote on this, as I ran into a scenario where this would be really helpful for immersion. In the campaign the players are going into a military sci fi base and the power is going to cut out. When the power cuts out the "emergency" lights kick on, and it would be nice to replicate that low red light ambience on the game map.
Gold
Forum Champion
Scott R. said: Posting a bump and putting a vote on this, as I ran into a scenario where this would be really helpful for immersion. In the campaign the players are going into a military sci fi base and the power is going to cut out. When the power cuts out the "emergency" lights kick on, and it would be nice to replicate that low red light ambience on the game map. For a workaround on this scenario, Scott, try using the TINT feature on the background map. Tint it red or dark red and see if that gives somewhat of the appearance. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Token_Features#Tint_Color_" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Token_Features#Tint_Color_</a>...

Edited 1558631126
Bumped and upvoted! Also, can we combine these votes with the ones in this thread?
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Could all of this be combined with varying opacity for vision blocking??