Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Better Support for GURPS

Score + 172
J C. said: TL;DR = how do I vote? (I think I did: I clicked on the blue up arrow by score but want to make sure) Did the vote arrow turn pink when you clicked on it? A pink arrow indicates that you have voted for that suggestion.
I've got a small checklist of about ~130 changes to implement to GURPS #2, but between my two other sheets, my kids both about to start school, and my wife gearing up for college, not to mention the campaigns I run and play in, I have a huge crunch right now on free time. After August, I should be able to start implementing fixes at about 1-2 per week hopefully.
Sheet 2 has the critical flaw of assuming HIGH is successful and LOW is failure. It's fairly input intensive. Examples of token macros would be welcome. Absolutely no compendium support, even for the shareware GURPS Lite. Sheet 2 could have benefited on the Skill entry by not only defining the STAT on which the skill relies, but the DIFFICULTY. My players will be left with incomplete information. No experience with Grid support as yet. I've got d**n near every GURPS book and there aren't so many skills they couldn't be put in a dropdown menu.
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
Kevin G. said: Sheet 2 has the critical flaw of assuming HIGH is successful and LOW is failure. It's fairly input intensive. Examples of token macros would be welcome. Absolutely no compendium support, even for the shareware GURPS Lite. Sheet 2 could have benefited on the Skill entry by not only defining the STAT on which the skill relies, but the DIFFICULTY. My players will be left with incomplete information. No experience with Grid support as yet. I've got d**n near every GURPS book and there aren't so many skills they couldn't be put in a dropdown menu. Complaints 1, 4, and 6 are involving character sheets. Character sheets are made by members of the community, not by Roll20 staff.
Would really like to see support for 1/2 points in skills and spells.  I would think that would not be too hard to accomplish.
Some merchant support with pre-made scenarios without square grids on the floor would be nice, as hex mapping with just turn square grid pre-mades into ugly messes of lines.
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A little support for GURPS would be nice...just a little love ya know
Anyone know why the GURPS sheets randomly started base ST at 5? And not accepting input correctly? (Again, with ST)
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
Ethan B. said: Anyone know why the GURPS sheets randomly started base ST at 5? And not accepting input correctly? (Again, with ST) Ask the person who made the sheet?
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Ethan B. said: Anyone know why the GURPS sheets randomly started base ST at 5? And not accepting input correctly? (Again, with ST) No idea. I just live with it. I have tried contacting both authors. See my thread at:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5818947/gurps-ch" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5818947/gurps-ch</a>...
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
make sure fatigue is at full amount.
+1 for what looks like some valuable suggestions.
+1
+1

Edited 1533664683
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Euclidean measurement for Hex grid and custom measuring units is now live on the Dev server for testing.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Steve K. said: Euclidean measurement for Hex grid and custom measuring units is now live on the Dev server for testing. This is good news. Hopefully this is one down and many more to come - Thanks Roll20
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Euclidian measurements are now live for hex grids.
+1
+1
I followed the great DJ's advice and hit that upvote with ANOTHER ONE.&nbsp; Personally I'd be fine with a better automated character sheet, just punch in the numbers, have it calculate the rest of the numbers, with the possibility of changing them, and press the skill you want to use to roll the dice! Since dice rolling in GURPS is so easy to begin with, it needs to be extremely hassle free to edit in what you need for it to be worth doing in the first place, and the two that are currently available, are not what I'd call hassle free.

Edited 1643867164
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
neigutten said: I followed the great DJ's advice and hit that upvote with ANOTHER ONE.&nbsp; Personally I'd be fine with a better automated character sheet, just punch in the numbers, have it calculate the rest of the numbers, with the possibility of changing them, and press the skill you want to use to roll the dice! Since dice rolling in GURPS is so easy to begin with, it needs to be extremely hassle free to edit in what you need for it to be worth doing in the first place, and the two that are currently available, are not what I'd call hassle free. As the current author of GURPS sheet #1, I would like to know more about what you mean by 'hassle free'. This sheet could not be more simpler. What does it not currently calculate for you? Remember the more internal calculations you have the sheet make the slower the sheet works - just see the Pathfinder Neceros sheet for example. Please join on on the following thread related to sheet #1.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10667695/gurps-sheet-number-1-thread-2/?pageforid=10667695#post-10667695" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10667695/gurps-sheet-number-1-thread-2/?pageforid=10667695#post-10667695</a> Would love to hear from you. UPDATED 02/02/2022
GURPS is back. Deal with it (supporting it!) :D
please can we have more of this ?
Bump
I would totally get into some GURPS on Roll20 if the Character Sheets are decent!

Edited 1643867091
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Myself and MadCoder are both working on GURPS sheet #1 as best as we can - trying to keep the sheet as generic as possible. Check out thread on that sheet. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10667695/gurps-sheet-number-1-thread-2/?pageforid=10667695#post-10667695" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10667695/gurps-sheet-number-1-thread-2/?pageforid=10667695#post-10667695</a> We welcome any input. - UPDATED 02/02/2022
So, only demand #1 is completed and functional ? Display Both Euclidean Distance for Movement, and Manhattan Distance for Ranged Combat, on Hex Grids, Simultaneously (no having to switch from one to the other mid-session; make them selectable with checkboxes, so that both can appear at once) Allow Crit Ranges to be assigned Per Skill via Macros, even when Crit Fails should be High, and Crit Successes should be Low Being Able to Efficiently Compare the Total of 3d6 to a Target Number with Dice Macros Align to Grid for Hex Maps Two Tokens Occupying the Same Hex, (one half each), With Preservation of Facing; Important for Close Quarters Combat Support for Combat Postures, such as a One Hex Token Changing to Occupy&nbsp; Two &nbsp;Hexes, for When a Character Goes Prone Tokens Occupying Multiple Consecutive Hexes, Including Consecutive Linear Hexes, and Oval Clusters of Hexes, from 3, 4, 5, and 6 to Larger Multi-Stage Health Bars that Track Negative HP Limits, Positive HP Limits, and Temporary Health Points
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
#1: I don't think so, and that might be beyond the technical capabilities available. You can have either Euclidean or Manhattan set for your page, but not both at the same time. Perhaps an API script could handle that, though? #3, have you looked at the Dice Reference, specifically Target Numbers ? Does that meet your need? #5: If your tokens are small enough, you can have them occupy the same hex. Hold the ALT key while moving/resizing them to keep them from snapping to the grid. #7: Again, hold the ALT key to resize the token to fit as many hexes as you want, in any direction you want. #8: Can you explain a negative HP limit? A redesign of the token bars are currently being tested on the Dev server. If any Pro users are GURPS users and want to weigh in on whether the changes meet your needs, please do so. Not addressing #4 and #6, since I know we don't have anything that fully meets those needs right now. You can use a rollable table token for #6, but it doesn't resize the token for you. Again, I wonder if an API script might be able to do that, though. Nazamura said: So, only demand #1 is completed and functional ? Display Both Euclidean Distance for Movement, and Manhattan Distance for Ranged Combat, on Hex Grids, Simultaneously (no having to switch from one to the other mid-session; make them selectable with checkboxes, so that both can appear at once) Allow Crit Ranges to be assigned Per Skill via Macros, even when Crit Fails should be High, and Crit Successes should be Low Being Able to Efficiently Compare the Total of 3d6 to a Target Number with Dice Macros Align to Grid for Hex Maps Two Tokens Occupying the Same Hex, (one half each), With Preservation of Facing; Important for Close Quarters Combat Support for Combat Postures, such as a One Hex Token Changing to Occupy&nbsp; Two &nbsp;Hexes, for When a Character Goes Prone Tokens Occupying Multiple Consecutive Hexes, Including Consecutive Linear Hexes, and Oval Clusters of Hexes, from 3, 4, 5, and 6 to Larger Multi-Stage Health Bars that Track Negative HP Limits, Positive HP Limits, and Temporary Health Points
#8:A character in GURPS has an HP score, but doesn't even start rolling death checks until they've received 2*HP in injury (Arrived at -1*HP) and doesn't automatically die until either -5*HP (with possible exceptions for the supernaturally durable or unkillable critter).&nbsp; I've played more than one character who hangs out in the -1*HP to -3*HP range from time to time.&nbsp; Being able to flip a switch on the bar in some way to show how many multiples of -HP the character is in the red could be really helpful. Stephanie B. said: #1: I don't think so, and that might be beyond the technical capabilities available. You can have either Euclidean or Manhattan set for your page, but not both at the same time. Perhaps an API script could handle that, though? #3, have you looked at the Dice Reference, specifically Target Numbers ? Does that meet your need? #5: If your tokens are small enough, you can have them occupy the same hex. Hold the ALT key while moving/resizing them to keep them from snapping to the grid. #7: Again, hold the ALT key to resize the token to fit as many hexes as you want, in any direction you want. #8: Can you explain a negative HP limit? A redesign of the token bars are currently being tested on the Dev server. If any Pro users are GURPS users and want to weigh in on whether the changes meet your needs, please do so. Not addressing #4 and #6, since I know we don't have anything that fully meets those needs right now. You can use a rollable table token for #6, but it doesn't resize the token for you. Again, I wonder if an API script might be able to do that, though.
The main problem with target numbers is that they only account for each individual roll, where as GURPS needs the sum of a 3d6 measured against a target number. For example, if I roll a 3d6 against a target of 12, I need the total sum of those d6's to be less than 12. Currently Target Numbers doesn't support this, and requires an API script. This is probably the single most important QoL feature to get GURPS to be easily playable on Roll20. Stephanie B. said: #3, have you looked at the Dice Reference, specifically Target Numbers ? Does that meet your need?

Edited 1559160765
Kavini
Roll20 Production Team
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
It's a slightly roundabout way of doing it, but you can do this: {{3d6},1d1}&gt;12. It'll generate 1 or 0 successes based on whether the target number of 12 was beaten or not. I do agree this isn't ideal. It's also possible via Roll Templates, in specific the {{#rollGreater() &lt;rollname&gt;}} logic. I'd be very surprised to find that this wasn't implemented into the existing GURPS sheet, but if not I'm more than happy to look at doing so. SparklySheep said: The main problem with target numbers is that they only account for each individual roll, where as GURPS needs the sum of a 3d6 measured against a target number. For example, if I roll a 3d6 against a target of 12, I need the total sum of those d6's to be less than 12. Currently Target Numbers doesn't support this, and requires an API script. This is probably the single most important QoL feature to get GURPS to be easily playable on Roll20. Stephanie B. said: #3, have you looked at the Dice Reference, specifically Target Numbers ? Does that meet your need?
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Nic B. I am one of 2 people working on the GURPS character sheet. Please join us in the thread for this sheet at&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6616836/gurps-sheet-number-1-thread-1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6616836/gurps-sheet-number-1-thread-1</a> We would love to hear your input abut the GURPS character sheet. Mike
Love the questions, suggestions, solutions everyone's given.&nbsp; I recently started running GURPS Mass Combat and it's a lot of fun on Roll20.&nbsp; Trying to get creator status to share some GURPS material on the market.&nbsp; I don't have any recommendations at the moment, but will come back if I come up with any.&nbsp; Thanks all.

Edited 1565741197
Lets try to ilustrate that, suppose that I'm current with 3 hit points left in a total of 10, so instead of showing an HP bar tradicionally like ▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒&nbsp; &nbsp; 3 / 10 0&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;3&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;10 A GURPS HP Bar will be look more like this&nbsp;&nbsp; ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒&nbsp; &nbsp;3 / 10 -50&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;-40&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;-30&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;-20&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; -10&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;0&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;10 And when you're on negative HP bar will show something like ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒&nbsp; &nbsp;-5 / 10 -50&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;-40&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;-30&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;-20&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; -10&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;0&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;10 got it ? A GURPS character dead for sure when reaches -5*HT, but whenever it reaches a -HP limit does a "you're dead test"&nbsp; ( in this case, HT is 10, so the bar goes from -50 up to +10, if the character has a HT of 15, the HP bar goes from -75 up to +15) but other factors can increase the bar like an advantage that gaves +10 HP, so it goes from -75 up to +25)&nbsp; Stephanie B. said: #1: I don't think so, and that might be beyond the technical capabilities available. You can have either Euclidean or Manhattan set for your page, but not both at the same time. Perhaps an API script could handle that, though? #3, have you looked at the Dice Reference, specifically Target Numbers ? Does that meet your need? #5: If your tokens are small enough, you can have them occupy the same hex. Hold the ALT key while moving/resizing them to keep them from snapping to the grid. #7: Again, hold the ALT key to resize the token to fit as many hexes as you want, in any direction you want. #8: Can you explain a negative HP limit? A redesign of the token bars are currently being tested on the Dev server. If any Pro users are GURPS users and want to weigh in on whether the changes meet your needs, please do so. Not addressing #4 and #6, since I know we don't have anything that fully meets those needs right now. You can use a rollable table token for #6, but it doesn't resize the token for you. Again, I wonder if an API script might be able to do that, though. Nazamura said: So, only demand #1 is completed and functional ? Display Both Euclidean Distance for Movement, and Manhattan Distance for Ranged Combat, on Hex Grids, Simultaneously (no having to switch from one to the other mid-session; make them selectable with checkboxes, so that both can appear at once) Allow Crit Ranges to be assigned Per Skill via Macros, even when Crit Fails should be High, and Crit Successes should be Low Being Able to Efficiently Compare the Total of 3d6 to a Target Number with Dice Macros Align to Grid for Hex Maps Two Tokens Occupying the Same Hex, (one half each), With Preservation of Facing; Important for Close Quarters Combat Support for Combat Postures, such as a One Hex Token Changing to Occupy&nbsp; Two &nbsp;Hexes, for When a Character Goes Prone Tokens Occupying Multiple Consecutive Hexes, Including Consecutive Linear Hexes, and Oval Clusters of Hexes, from 3, 4, 5, and 6 to Larger Multi-Stage Health Bars that Track Negative HP Limits, Positive HP Limits, and Temporary Health Points
Commenting because I love GURPS (along with a few other systems that aren't supported well here) and would love to see them implemented fully here, especially Dungeon Fantasy RPG.
Also commenting to promote, GURPS needs more love from Roll20.
I would also love to see support for this system.&nbsp; GURPS rocks, it could really shine with some roll20 automation.&nbsp;
I tottaly agree
Upvote
+1 GURPS is somewhat popular in Brazil and with the sheet translation it might increase demand for better support
Precisamos de mais suporte para Gurps, tanto para terceira quanto para quarta edição.&nbsp;
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Léo L. said: +1 GURPS is somewhat popular in Brazil and with the sheet translation it might increase demand for better The&nbsp;&nbsp;Portuguese for GURPS Character Sheet has bene completed. This is done by the sheet authors and their associates - Roll20 does not do this for any sheet unless they created it.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
FYI: The old Roll20 Forum thread: [GURPS] - Sheet #1 - Thread 1 has been terminated. A new thread, [GURPS] - Sheet #1 - Thread 2, has been started: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10667695/gurps-sheet-number-1-thread-2/?pageforid=10667695#post-10667695" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10667695/gurps-sheet-number-1-thread-2/?pageforid=10667695#post-10667695</a> If you want to knwo more, please DM me. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- O antigo tópico do Roll20 Forum: [GURPS] - Sheet #1 - Thread 1 foi encerrado. Um novo tópico, [GURPS] - Sheet #1 - Thread 2, foi iniciado: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10667695/gurps-sheet-number-1-thread-2/?pageforid=" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10667695/gurps-sheet-number-1-thread-2/?pageforid=</a> 10667695#post-10667695 Se você quiser saber mais, por favor me DM.
Great adds! Plus, 3rd Edition Character Sheets, PLEASE!!