Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Harn / Conan interest check

Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi everyone , i am checking if there would be any interest in a game based on conan or harn , game time would be 7pm GMT+0 on a Friday or Saturday evening, i envisage this to be a RP bias game as combat is and will be deadly , don't think blinded but dagger in the eye!!!. The base idea is that the players are left on an island and told by their tribe that they have to survive there to prove themselves worthy to become warriors of the tribe. the harn system is a skill percentage based system without levels set in a world similar to feudal europe where any character can do anything , the game could also be run using the 2nd ed of conan rpg by mongoose , this would depend on the players voice via skype Rob
Not interested in Conan but Harn...yes!
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
thanks for your interest Michael , lets hope for some more interested people Rob
Interested in Conan but have not tried Harn. Though I would be willing to learn it.
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
if your both willing i can do harn , perhaps we could do the first session next friday or saterday (28th / 1st) ? let me know and i will setup a campaign and pm you both the address and my Skype id if you need any additional info i will send you some links to the rules , character sheets etc i would like this to be an ongoing campaign not just a series of one-offs Rob
Sounds fun! Will this be a long term campaign? I hope! I always wanted to play/run Harn and now is my chance.
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
i hope the game will develop into a full "game of thrones" type but that does depend on the players , now a burning question would you prefer harn gold or harn v3 ? , i have both and i know there are a few differences i have posted a wanting players on the harn forum though i am waiting for my post to be approved Rob
I would like the newest edition of Harn. For if I deciede to buy and run a game it will be the newest edition.
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
harn 3 is by <a href="http://columbiagames.com" rel="nofollow">http://columbiagames.com</a> and harn gold is by <a href="http://www.kelestia.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.kelestia.com</a> , essentially the guy who original wrote harn has a falling out with columbia and went his own way , both products are still available and are very similar , so with that in mind i will go with the harn gold by kelestia as they are still making new stuff for the game Rob
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
By the way the game can be played one on one provided the character fits the scenario and not totally out of its depth , also the system can be used for a fight between St George and the dragon as the combat engine I think is one of the better ones Rob
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
which day would you both prefer, Friday or Saturday? Rob
Either will be fine..just after 6pm EST
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
Ah , in the original post i was going to run from 7pm GMT +0 , 6pm EST is 11 pm for me which is too late , so perhaps could you do 2pm EST which is 7pm GMT+0 on saterday ?
Ok...2pm EST is fine. Do you have others that are going to play?
I"d be interested in anything ON Harn but not using the system...
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
Michael , at the moment there are only the people who have replied to messages on this subject Rob
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
Kilgs could you tell me why you donot want to play harn's system but would play in the harn world ? thanks Rob
Is Keenan S. still going to play? Had not heard from him in awhile. If not than we need to plan the game for another time when we get a few more players(
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
At the moment there is only you michael , i have heard nothing from Keenan.S , so yes we will need to plan for another date but the time of the game will remain the same , if you know of anyone who would like to play by all means invite them , i will ask my other groups if any of them are interested Rob
Sure thing!
I would love to do something in Harn but I'm not available for Wednesday or Saturday. I used to play in a Harn campaign back in the early 90's and loved the freedom the system allowed for character creation.
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
Would anyone be interested in using Fate Core for this game ?