Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Anyone interested in a Men in Black, World of Darkness style?

As the title said, would kinda be like the MiB movies, but a lot darker, players will play as new recruits of an secret organization that tries to understand and hold back that which normal people don't even know exist. It will be more detective thriller/social interaction style than action. Those of you who has played WoD know that a human don't stand a chance in a 1v1 fight against the horrors out there hehe. So you need to use your wits more than your brawns. Players need to know why they got recruited, what skill do you have that made it worth it for the organization to fake your death and let you on in on the dark truth about things that go bump in the night? You don't need to be an upstanding citizen, in fact, many of the worst criminals have skills the organization find useful, so your background can be anything you want! As long as you have what they need... :)
So in reality its more based off the comics as the movies are light hearted
Is it a Hunter campgain?
I've never played WoD, but after seeing this post I looked it up. Haven't read much into it yet, so I don't know how to play it, but this sounds really interesting. I'm going to assume this takes place on modern day Earth. Let me know if it isn't. Charles Carmichael was a homicide detective for the L.A.P.D.. He was recruited after tracking down and surviving an encounter with a creature the Organization had been seeking to capture. The Organization decided to recruit Carmichael because of his excellent investigative and tracking skills. He's a recovering alcoholic, and he seems to have taken up smoking, despite society's many warnings against it.
Yes, it takes place on modern day earth, present day. And no, its not a hunter campaing really, since there will be no special powers, you all will be plain humans, trying to fight back the monsters, and the organization might be able to provide you with some resources, just keep it secret, the public must not be made aware! Yes, I will use the WoD world quite a bit, the spirit world, vampires, a werewolf here and there but also add in my own monsters and twists to it so keep the group on their toes, no fun if everyone know what they are dealing with straight away!

Edited 1424998672
Got one interested so far, no one else? Oh and WolfCleric, I guess... Never read the comics, this idea came to me after being a GM on many games but hard to get all the player together at the same time so I basically made it so that every agent dont have to be present at every case.
Hi same as Job never played World of darkness but excited to try. I was thinking of being Butch Coolidge an on the run boxer after I beat my girlfriend to death when I found out she was cheating on me. I went to a church to gain some clarity before going to Bolivia. I entered and saw an exorcism gone wrong ( I assume there are demons if not please correct me), being a guy that punches people for a living I attempted to punch the demon. It ended poorly, my arm was burned to the point of needing amputation along with most of my right side being severely burnt. I was thinking this gave him some affect on or over fire but thats still up in the air. Sorry for getting a bit long thanks.
nWoD hunters don't inherently have special powers, in fact one group, Task Force Valkerie. Is very similair to the MIB. They even have their own neuralyzer's in the form of Munin Serome
You could also cast MIB as part of Mage: The Ascension's Technocracy - probably as part of the New World Order or Iteration X .
Technocrats are supernatural though, I think nWoD's better for mortal characters anyways
So, have you heard of VASCU? You should also probably read Slasher. You're going to have a high mortality rate, seeing as how supernaturals are flat out more powerful than mortals. Simply subduing and capturing gets at least one Hunter/VASCU killed, if not more.
Are you still looking for players? What day/time are you looking to play? This has definitely peaked my interest. I've played a few WoD games, and very much enjoy them. I'm still a relatively new player, but enjoy WoD, and always loved MiB.