Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Request] Save-All Script and/or Common Check Script

Hello All! What I am looking for is a way to have a one button macro/script where my players (we play 5e) issue one command with their selected token, roll once then add all their save modifiers to that roll have and it displayed. My goal is that they can have a 1 button save all or a common skill check macro. What I do not want is to have 6 dice rolls but a single roll with the modifiers added to the roll. Since from my limited understanding, macros don't allow you to store previous dice rolls into variables, I would have to capture the most recent roll from the chat and do math afterwords. I dont have any java background so I was wondering if someone would be able to rig something up very easily. Thanks in advance!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The way I handle this in 5e is by having a single roll at the top of a powercard, then list each skill/save with a bonus on it's own line with all bonuses totaled up: (G or R for Guidance or Resistance, Adv. for advantage. Stat bonus in roll)
I know of this approach, and it is currently what I am using but I was hoping to go for a no "mental math" display if possible. My players may be this lazy =D
Easy way for less "math" is to compare the base roll to the DC and see if that was enough. If so, good enough. Otherwise, continue on and do math. As for saving a roll for use later, it's possible... and something I might put into powercards eventually, but I wouldn't hold your breath. My interesting scripting and working on powercards waxes and wanes. Sometimes I can go months at a time without getting enough interest to work on it.