Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for Interest in Pendragon

Hey everyone. Name's Zack. I usually go by Virgo. Thanks for stopping by. I was just wondering if there's any interest in Pendragon out there. I personally ADORE the game. It's my favorite system right beside Call of Cthulhu. But it's very... niche. I guess that's the best word for it. It doesn't have that much attention on it, and even when it does get attention it's not a game that appeals to a wide audience. But the game is SO well researched and well written and the rules are simple but can be more complicated for any reason. For those not in the know, King Arthur's Pendragon is a historical fantasy RPG. Emphasis on historical. The players (Usually) play Knights. But though they're all the same, each knight has different traits, and vices attached to their personalities. Whether or not they're particularly Chaste, or Lustful, or Merciful, or Just. The game takes place over years and generations, with the knights starting young and growing in talent and power all in an effort to accrue glory. As they get older they attempt to create a family, and thus start a legacy, for when your character dies or becomes to old to adventure anymore you play your oldest child. Retaining some of the glory of the parent and starting the cycle anew. That's the gist of it, anyway. There's finer details. The game itself has some pretty dark themes. But there's lines that people don't cross and I'd never cross them. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has heard of this game, or would be interested in learning it or anything. Thanks again.
Sounds interesting. I'm always up for learning new systems. I enjoy Arthurian lore so it seems like that's an asset to this game lol
I'm interested, and have both heard and played around in the world before, and would love to have another go at it.
I've seen a group stream playing this system and I've really enjoyed watching them; trying out the system for myself would be a pretty cool idea! You have me intrigued, sir.
Possibly interested: was there a day/time you had in mind? No experience with the system yet besides watching it played on YouTube, mostly for the reasons you listed, though I've always loved arthurian tales.
It's fantastic to see such interest. :D
Do consider RuneQuest 6 and Mythic Britain.
I may be interested based on when you plan on running the game. Is there anything else to play beyond just knights?
Not at first, no. The Player Characters are knights. :P That's what defines them and thier connection to each other. I mean, a commoner doesn't have much need for Glory.
I've seen a few episodes of this game played on youtube, and I'd love to play this myself, time permitting.