Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Eclipse Phase Shared Universe

I'm looking for a few GMs to help me build a small community of EP games here on roll20. I myself, GM exclusively, but I want to start a google group, that will have a healthy ratio of players and GMs, like 5-6 players per 1 GM, to develop a system of pickup games, or even serialized sessions and stories. We would use a google drive folder to share Tokens , Maps , and Map Assets . Basically new GMs would start by getting access to my huge library of stuff to start running games. (Stuff from the books are licensed as Creative Commons, and the art assets are from Dundjinni archives, but I've spent a ton of time organizing it all) We'd use a google sites page as a wiki to track ongoing events, player journals, etc, to keep everything tied together. The GMs would communicate, within that smaller circle, on what kinds of stories they were trying tell, and share information with each other. Player's could come and go, but there would be a healthy supply of players, I've never had trouble filling a group, even on short notice. Ideally, I'm looking for 2 other GMs, that either know EP, or want to get to know it and can commit to running 1-2 games per month. Ideally, they would be Supporter level GMs, because I think you need to be a supporter to allow characters to transfer their own character sheets in (might be wrong about this). I'm starting with recruiting GMs, and then when we have those, players are really easy to find. Let me know if any GMs are interested. I'm also happy to run some exclusive games for potential GMs. And all the books can be downloaded for free , because the developers are awesome and license all their work under creative commons.
Im not a gm but I played eclipse phase once and it was amazing and I love to play it again sorry if Im wasting space on this fourm
Thanks for the bump of the thread! If I can put this together, then there will be plenty of space for players, so stay tuned. EP is a great system and a great world to play in.
I'm definetely looking to play in a EP in addition to running one for friends in the future. You have my full support as a player. In regards to running a game for potential GMs.. I would be interested in this greatly. I'm in dyer need of being exposed to Eclipse Phase GMing styles!
Karl V.
Plus
Translator
What time zone are you in? I would be interested in this project, but I am in Europe.
Karl V. said: What time zone are you in? I would be interested in this project, but I am in Europe. I'm US, Mountain Time, but I'm not sure that really matters in terms of the larger goals. The GMs are communicating offline, mostly, through email and a wiki. I'm sure we could find plenty of players in Europe that would play in games you GMed. The point is to share resources as GMs, plan a bit (since some players may play in both EU games as well as US ones with the same character). I would love to have story arcs touch in multiple campaigns across GMs, sort of like shared universe of a comic book company like Marvel or Valiant. GMs would still have freedom to do what they want, but the more linked the more alive it will be, and more interesting. Also, GMs wouldn't need to feel compelled to run a game every single week with their particular players, since there will be other GMs and games they could step into. My hope is that this makes it easier to find games for players, and makes it easier for GMs to not burn out, and have a sort of community they can rely on. But if you talking about being a player in one of my games, yes, it would be very early for you, since I mostly run around 9pm US Central Standard Time.
Karl V.
Plus
Translator
I am interested in participating as world builder and GM. Please keep me posted on the progress of this project :)
Sounds like a cool project. I have run 1 game and played 1 game. I would be down to run once a month
I was thinking about this same thing the other day. I'm not sure what my time commitment could be since I just joined a new game and I'm pretty busy with work--but I do enjoy brainstorming scenarios and world building. So if you're not able to find enough GMs to help full time, I'd be happy to help a bit where I can. You might also consider posting a link to this to <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/eclipsephase" rel="nofollow">http://www.reddit.com/r/eclipsephase</a>
Well this is a good start. So how about as a next step, Alu, Karl, Scraigon, and Steve A. pm me an email and I can send around of draft of what a framework might look like and see if I can entice you further into it. I think if we had 5-6 gms willing to run 1 game a month, we could easily fill those 5 games up with players and keep things coordinated. If we have 5 GMs willing to run 2 games a month, that's 10 games, and I know that each one we could fill with a group of players with a shared understanding of EP. It's nice that EP isn't really about levels, and you don't need to worry what level each player is at and how that might effect how they would participate. I think the greater challenge is keeping everyone on the same page in terms of expectations on how the different pieces and concepts of EP interact. In other words, the challenge is more about the consistency of narrative than it is game math.
Wrote up a a quick draft here, for the framework. If you are a GM interested in participating, please PM me. <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cOQGKirFqVJx0lqgDtSHV5Ot9eleRxK3rQ4zaamdRUo/edit?usp=sharing" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cOQGKirFqVJx0lqgDtSHV5Ot9eleRxK3rQ4zaamdRUo/edit?usp=sharing</a> For people who are looking to play, recruitment will be open once we lock down the GMs. It looks like there will probably at least 1 game a month scheduled for European evenings.
I've been wanting to play EP for a while so I'd definitely be willing to join. Also I'm East Coast US in regards to scheduling.
I've previously GM'd EP so I'd definitely be up for this, although as I'm concurrently running a Rogue Trader campaign in meatspace I'd be more into the playng side of things. UK-based Supporter-level account here.
I'd love to be a part of this, player or GM. East Coast US.
AllPossible, Pete, and Will, please shoot me a PM with your email, so I can add you to the google docs.
Sent e-mail to join. Do you have a campaign created we join to use for forums?
Good idea, I'll do that a bit later tonight.
Interesting stuff, EP is a fascinating concept
Is this still going? I would be willing to play in this, or GM. I've never GM'd this but I would give it a try.
Yep, we're still working on a draft for the guide, but its going. PM me your email and I can add you to conversation. We've got about 7 GMs at the moment, though I'm sure there will be attrition.
Karl V.
Plus
Translator
I am going to bow out here. Good luck and have fun :)
I have been wanting to check EP out for some time now. If you need players I would love to get in on this.
Definitely gonna need players. Still working out the details, but late March is when we intend to launch, so just stay tuned. Still recruiting GMs if anyone is interested. Also we're looking for someone with HTML experience to help us make modifications to the EP character sheet that is currently available on roll20.
Still looking for 2-3 more GMs. The ones we have now are pretty dedicated. We have folders, full of map art, tokens, sound fx we can also all share, as well as access to group license for Singularity. Our GM's only web forum, wiki page, and shared cloud folder are all up and running online. And you still have time to get in on the ground floor to help develop the first seasons metaplot. Let me know if there's more interest for this.
Ari , do you have any EU time zone GM's in your GM group? Just asking so that I know to keep an eye open for a player recruitment thread.
We had some initial interest, but no one has dived in yet from the EU. Still hoping someone will step up.
Too bad. Thanks for the info.
I'm not super experienced with playing, but I'm very familiar with the setting and have been wanting to get in some kind of on-going game for a while. I would love to join as a player for now, and possibly a GM further down the road.
Jakeage! said: I'm not super experienced with playing, but I'm very familiar with the setting and have been wanting to get in some kind of on-going game for a while. I would love to join as a player for now, and possibly a GM further down the road. I would like a few more GMs thought, you should really give it some thought. The group we have can be very helpful. For instance we have about 5 gigs worth of maps and images. More space ships and space stations than any of us will ever use. We can also help folks prepare and learn roll20, from the GMing side of things. Not to mention the scenarios and storylline that will hook those scenarios together is really starting to get exciting.
I have played one or two sessions and love the setting and the system. Im currently dming a DND game and dont think i can dm a second game but if anyones looking for players id love to join.
I would be interested to join as a player to start with. I have a few sessions under my belt but need to get a better feel for the setting before jumping into the GM seat.
Ari K. said: Jakeage! said: I'm not super experienced with playing, but I'm very familiar with the setting and have been wanting to get in some kind of on-going game for a while. I would love to join as a player for now, and possibly a GM further down the road. I would like a few more GMs thought, you should really give it some thought. The group we have can be very helpful. For instance we have about 5 gigs worth of maps and images. More space ships and space stations than any of us will ever use. We can also help folks prepare and learn roll20, from the GMing side of things. Not to mention the scenarios and storylline that will hook those scenarios together is really starting to get exciting. That does sound awesome, actually. I wouldn't mind a lesson or two on Roll20 either way. But, I honestly would like to play at least a game or two.
I am new to EP and would love to get in on this!
I'm new to EP and would be interested in getting n on this as well
yay Strato
Blix and Strato, are you guys interesting in GMing? We can help you guys get it alot of going? Or are you interested as just players? If your interested in GMing we're doing a short meeting tonight at 9:00pm CST (about 20 minutes from now) on a Teamspeak server. contact me at interestcurve (a) gmail.com if your interested.

Edited 1426130805
I may take up the mantel of GMing later on, though for now I'm involved in GMing one game and planning another so I'd like to get those two 5-6 week adventures out of the way before I move on to any other commitments. Would love to play some though! Also yo Poison!
hi im new to roll20 and im a gm at a friend shop for dnd
Strato said: I may take up the mantel of GMing later on, though for now I'm involved in GMing one game and planning another so I'd like to get those two 5-6 week adventures out of the way before I move on to any other commitments. Would love to play some though! Also yo Poison! Awesome. We'll be recruiting players in a few weeks. I'm running a one shot for GM in March, that will kick off the campaign. Those GM's will then start running games in early April. We'll post an advert here on where to sign up. We have 3-4 GMs now. Trying to get that number to 5-6 and hopefully provide lots of slots for folks. The shared world building has been really fun. We have a great story for this season. cloud w. said: hi im new to roll20 and im a gm at a friend shop for dnd Cloud, are talking about a game shop? Are you interesting in GMing EP on roll20?
This sounds awesome! Has the timeline been locked down anymore? I really don't want to miss out on signups.
I've GMed an Eclipse Phase campaign in the past, it's the sort of thing that captures your imagination and never lets you go entirely. I'd love to be a part of this business but I really won't have the sort of time required for campaign writing until the summer gets started. It would be irresponsible of me to commit to anything sooner than mid May. At the very least, you guys have my moral support. I'd hitch onto one of your games as a player at least. I wish I could GM for you.
Just looked up the book and this sounds really cool, and it could get really intense thematically. Unfortunately, I cannot commit to GMing at this moment unless I find more time, but jumping in as a player would still be really cool.

Edited 1427675822
I'd definitely be willing to play. I'm a big fan of the Eclipse Phase universe.

Edited 1427752696
I'm definitely interested in playing and worldbuilding if you need it. I've never played EP or GM'd before but I liked the rulebook and love the idea of an expansive shared universe. The only issue is that I don't have a webcam (but I do have a microphone). or if the Skype app for my iPad would be enough.
This sounds awesome! I have played a couple of games of EP and may be interested in GM'ing if you still need a few GMs. Would want to join as a player if not!
Thanks for the responses! I think I've responded to folks that are interested in GMing, so please contact me if I missed you.
I have both GM'd and played one campaign each and must say I do enjoy EP. I would be interested in both although ofcourse prefer to play since I GM'd my last game.
This seems like an exciting topic. I'm not a GM but rather someone new to tabletop gaming. This mainly seems like a thread for GMs.. i'm interested in playing EP and similar games. Is there a timetable on when you plan to start hosting games or are you still mainly in the preparatory phase? Sorry if my questions seems like it's jumping the gun, but there aren't a whole lot of games on roll20 aside from D&D and pathfinder so if nothing else i'd like to get my name out there as a potential player for what seems like an interested base of players.
How is this progressing? Just discovered it now. I have started playing in one of the ShadowRun hubs on Reddit, and it's a fantastic idea. I think it would work very well with Eclipse Phase. Are you folks going to use Reddit as a means for organization?

Edited 1429215199
Is this still a thing? Would like to join as a player and learn the game a bit more. I gm for one the shadowrun hubs on reddit and this sounds like a good thing to do with this game.

Edited 1429117881
Aww :( I read about the whole thing and it was great and I felt excited cause I was just doing that with other people but with Pathfinder system. Too bad I am not into sci-fi stuff/ EP, to join you. I am more into medieval stuff. I wish you good luck though. :)