Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Eclipse Phase Shared Universe

Yeah, I am not sure that this is on track any more. :(
GMs are still getting together, bunch of shared resources between GMs, a few private games are going. I'm planning to run a private games for the GMs to kick this off. Should be cool. Their player characters will then branch out and becomes firewall "proxies" that will help direct the games they each want to run in various corners of the system. When we have something to announce for players, we will. If your a DM, PM me and we can get you into the google group we are using for planning. Also, Firewall came out, which had a pretty big impact on canon, so I took the time to really read it.
Cool glad to see this is still going. Be nice when it opens up for more players.
I'm willing to GM, and I have left you a PM.
Opps, thought I invited you the google group. I'll do that today. My bad. Love to have a few more GMs. I will also say the player interest is off the hook, but EP is not an easy game for folks to jump in to, so hopefully we can help each other out.
I would love to play but I don't think I am quit ready to gm yet. I am somewhat familiar with the system and setting and I have read several of the books I have a few character concepts already thought out.
Ari K. said: Also, Firewall came out, which had a pretty big impact on canon, so I took the time to really read it. And somehow that had ninja'd right by me.. Posting as to keep track of the topic
If this is still happening I'd like to join as a player.
esampson
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm also quite interested in joining as a player.
esampson
Pro
Sheet Author
While I lack the time to GM I took a look at the framework doc that's being worked on. I hope you don't mind if I kibitz a little bit on it. Googleshng expressed a concern that if you are 'doing the Firewall thing' any given scenario should be about preventing something that could cause extinction of transhumanity within a week. First, I think that the idea that all scenarios have to revolve around Firewall is probably a mistake. Sure, they are written as a big thread that runs through all of EP but I think that there are plenty of other scenarios that can be run. As an example, the character concept I'm working on is an Ultimate genehacker (we aren't all just soldiers, after all) who is currently teaching classes at TAU (both in genetics and in Ultimate history and philosophy). He could easily be called on by the Ultimates for some special mission, be involved in some event at the University (an exsurgent outbreak in one of the labs), called on to join a gatecrashing expedition as a scientific member, or contacted by Firewall due to his skills as a combat medic. Secondly, I would suggest that the GMs talk about their plans with each other and keep them a little bit more scaled back. Yes, Firewall deals with nasty threats that could wipe out transhumanity, but there should usually be more time than a week before things go completely off the rails. How often are characters called in to find out what happened to the last operatives who were looking into something? Do you really think that there's no one to be called in after they go missing? That isn't to say that the character's actions don't affect the world. A failure on the part of the characters might mean that an exsurgent infection that could have been nipped in the bud isn't and instead of dozens of people needing to be reinstantiated from year old backups now an entire community needs to be nuked and thousands will need to be reinstantiated. If the backup team fails at that it could mean tens of thousands will need to be wiped and now Firewall will need to devote thousands of manhours for individuals who might have been missed and gone to ground. Failure is still a big deal, but it isn't the end of transhumanity. Lastly, there was talk about various events covering different amounts of time. Based on experiences with other situations similar to what is being proposed for here I would suggest some sort of effort is taken to keep things roughly in sync. Don't create scenarios in which weeks and months of time need to pass without anything occuring in between. Big, long overarching plots are fine but have them broken into smaller chunks. Then say something like each RL week is roughly 2 weeks of game time. I say roughly because if a session needs to wrap up and then continue next week while people are exploring the abandoned scum barge or something then the next week it picks right back up at the same point, not two weeks later. However, at the end of that session all the characters would have 4 weeks worth of 'downtime' for doing whatever it is that they want to do (as opposed to 2 weeks, which is typical). This needs to be done because there are a lot of things that can be done using this downtime that can be pretty significant such as favors resetting and blueprints can be programmed. Letting people just freely burn time on these activities means some people will get enormous amounts of time to do so while others will get very little, depending on who is GMing.
I'm very interested in playing in an eclipse phase game. I have tons of character floating in my head. I havent actually gotten a chance to play. I do know the system pretty well. I'm currently running a game on roll20. I don't care what role is open for the group dynamic, or where the game takes place, or if they're firewall or ozma or just bums living in the oort cloud. I'm PST time zone. I'm generally a night owl, so even games that would be happening at 11pm wouldnt be a big deal with me. My ep game is ran at 10am on saturdays. But I'd be willing to play Ep on that day too.

Edited 1431057501
And being part of a shared EP game sounds like fun. What do I need to do to be part of that? (And how often as "Dont Mind the WMD" been repeated? 8b My game is currently taking place on Kronus, around Saturn and center around their ship, which will be disclosed to be a Firewall Prometheus.
I have just joined esampson's game so will be playing soon. I am really loving this concept and product. Absolutely incredible setting and the support and generosity of the writers is beyond great. I would absolutely be into GM'g this game after I get a little more comfy with the flow and mechanics. I always prefer to GM but this game feels BIG so I will feel better with some sessions under my belt.
Yea yea. GM Eclipse Phase, can be rather taxing. Mechanically, I think its pretty smooth. Its just trying to account for all the tiny facets. Like my edited and scrub some public archive of mesh recording. But how do I handle the off chance that there was someone just watching that area? How do I make that seem legitimate and not gm fiat. I also like GMing because of all the questions you get to figure out. Like how does a multiroom apartment look like in a zero g habitat? Exactly how do extropian crime syndicates work on kronus?
I'd love to be a part of this, but I've only ever looked longingly at EP, never played. So could I sit on some things while I study up? Skype: christopher.a.rose
I would also love to join in on this, I first found out about eclipse phase a couple of years ago and have always wanted to play in a game.
I'm very tentative about looking for a new group because a good one is so hard to find, but it seems the roleplaying bug has bitten me again and I'm in the mood for some gritty scifi action, and no it doesn't have anything to do with me watching Ghost in the Shell recently, pardon you for asking. I already have a character written up that (I think ) passes spec, but it's been a while since I looked at the EP rulebook and I have no idea what Firewall is. I don't know if there are any games currently running, but if so and your group has an open slot, feel free to PM me. I can probably commit to a couple of games per month.
Im am very interested in this system if someone is willing to teach I learn fast!
get a book or digital version,create training room for your own use here and go step by step
Ishkitar, if you're the type that learns better by doing, I'd say skim through the core book and then look up videos on youtube of people playing the game. There are several that look interesting just on the first search result page, though I haven't watched any yet. Then you can decide whether or not you want to join a group.
Totally still watching this with tons of interest. Been seriously considering just jumping into the GM thing. I've got a couple of ideas regarding sandboxy scum swarm stuff, and gatecrashing ops! Who do I talk to to bounce ideas off of?

Edited 1433555260
Thread bump! I am totally liking this idea. I wouldn't mind being a part of this (am actually really stoked). I run on Mountain Time, as I'm in Canada, but for the next couple weeks that won't matter for me at all. I have plenty of experience with Eclipse Phase, and have had GM experience with that game and others as well. Honestly, I'd rather just be a player, but I can most definitely step up to the plate if needed. I'm getting cravings to play an EP game, and I have yet to play in any games that doesn't involve my close friends. I think this would be a grand opportunity that I can't pass up. As a warning though, I'm a bit rusty. Its been a long time since I've actually played/GM'd EP. Hopefully this thing is still going XD

Edited 1434056498
Hey people I finally found this thread... I've been looking for an EP game for quite some time. Even though I have never actually played I've read the book thoroughly. I would really love to try it and have like half a dozen character ideas. I have several years of rpg eperience btw. I'm GMT +1. I would even be into GM-ing, but first I'd really like to see how things go. ps. Jakeage!, the scum fleet sandbox sounds like a really awesome idea!I We really should put a game together.
Lord Shaper said: Jakeage!, the scum fleet sandbox sounds like a really awesome idea!I We really should put a game together. Yes! Agreed! Is there someplace for GMs to pool resources or chat about ideas yet?

Edited 1444830179
I'd love to play if you ever decide to run the game, Jakeage!  I'm on PST.
esampson
Pro
Sheet Author
Unfortunately it looks like the founder for this thread has been unavailable for a while. I sent them a message about a week and a half ago to see if they were still active because I didn't want to 'poach' the people who had been responding to the thread, but I haven't heard from them. I've gone ahead and created a Google+ community called Roll20 Eclipse Phase Shared Universe and thrown up a link to a github repository that I have begun to build. I am currently running a game on Tuesday nights at 7:00pm PST (which is full at the moment) utilizing a minimum number of house rules (really, they are mostly just expansions to rules that already exist) which could be brought into a shared universe status with minimal effort.
esampson said: Unfortunately it looks like the founder for this thread has been unavailable for a while. I sent them a message about a week and a half ago to see if they were still active because I didn't want to 'poach' the people who had been responding to the thread, but I haven't heard from them. I've gone ahead and created a Google+ community called Roll20 Eclipse Phase Shared Universe and thrown up a link to a github repository that I have begun to build. I am currently running a game on Tuesday nights at 7:00pm PST (which is full at the moment) utilizing a minimum number of house rules (really, they are mostly just expansions to rules that already exist) which could be brought into a shared universe status with minimal effort. that'd be pretty neat, though I'm wondering how the various GMs/DMs and such would connect all the sessions and such in the universe.. I suppose there'd eventually be a place to dump session logs or something of the like for others to use in their stories? Like whatever Group A does in one session ends up either directly or indirectly affecting Groups B, C, and D in others
while it is a neat idea, and a shame the one here died, I have the same qurestion. How do you keep them all connected and well "canon"
esampson
Pro
Sheet Author
Shannon S. said: while it is a neat idea, and a shame the one here died, I have the same qurestion. How do you keep them all connected and well "canon" Communication. The GMs work together to establish any house rules they may feel that are needed as well as special rules to deal with the fact that it is a shared setting (e.g. rules to keep certain groups from covering large amounts of time). People have been doing this for decades on MUDs/MUSHes.

Edited 1434649304
I think a wiki is probably the best way to organize things. Each Sentinel could have their own entry, along with Proxies, game rules, etc... That said, I am probably the worst person to set one up, organizationally. Sentinel entries could include: Basic stats, Backstory, Bio, and an up to date character sheet, for example. Places and Organizations might include all the basic publicly available info, and a spoilered section for secrets and rumors.
A wiki among GM's seems the way to go. I mean if one group blows half of a hab on Luna, it needs to reflect that in a shared setting. If someone puts something into motion and brings an upswing in anti-clanker sentiment among the inner system, that needs to be reflected in all games. I do not think House rules are really a deal breaker, but story disconnect would be a deal breaker in a shared setting. I think the GM's would have to work togather and share ideas or this will just not work IMO.
I don't have the horses to run Eclipse Phase, but I'm desperate to play it, is there a list I can get on if I'm not a GM?
Penultimatum , this game seems dead. However if you follow the esampson put up he is trying to get something like it rolling.
I'm in if someone starts a game!
I want to play too. I love the idea of a shared setting and want to be a part of it.
Sean check this one: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2095134/looking-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2095134/looking-</a>...
im game for EP
I would love to get in on this. New to EP but plenty of 3.0-.5 and PF experience. Available most evenings.
Ryan, Kyle this game looks to be well and dead guys.