Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Miskatonic Preparatory School (Maid RPG variant, 18+)

Edited 1429737418
Miskatonic Preparatory School Motto: "You probably don't want to know what you're being prepared for." Mascot: The Fighting Cephalopods Miskatonic Preparatory School is something of an enigma to students. The elite high school is nestled deep in a mountain range, though reports are conflicting regarding the actual location. Students often claim that the yearly trip to the campus is "short," suggesting that the boarding school lies within their own country. However, as the school is home to students from across the globe, this seems highly unlikely. This same mystery surrounds the founding date of the school, as attempts to trace Miskatonic's history have gone back far more years than seemingly possible, and there is no mention of when it was founded. There isn't even an official address, yet weekly letters and postcards still arrive from the families of students, though recent years have shown a steady increase in electronic forms of communication. Strangely, even modern cellphones are unable to pinpoint where they are located, yet a strong signal is still received. Miskatonic is dedicated to educating extraordinary individuals, whether they are smart, charismatic, athletic... or just downright weird. As such, the school welcomes all students, regardless of their race or species, or even their planet or dimension of origin. The student population is the most varied in the world, and the faculty continues to find ways to add to their enrollment. Though, there has been some history of skewing in the student enrollment, as can be seen in a survey of recent gender numbers among the student body. Female - 75% Male - 15% Both - 7% Other - 3% Undefined - 1% Miskatonic proudly boasts one of the most varied curricula available, with classes like Steamology 101, Combat Cheerleading and Elder Demonology. Another strong point, which Headmaster Devareaux is particularly adamant about, is the school's devotion to student discipline. The student handbook is five hundred pages long, with exacting regulations on all aspects of student life. (Though, the student dress code appears to be a notable exception, as it basically states that "students must wear a school uniform" without any specifics of what that should entail, or even if it should be a Miskatonic school uniform.) The headmaster is stern with discipline, and has chosen disciplinary faculty and student prefects that he feels will further this adherence to the school's rules and are willing to administer firm punishment when required. When more focused discipline is required, the Contemplation Room allows teachers and prefects more freedom in how punishments are meted out for misbehavior. The school also encourages social interaction between the students in the form of societies (groups similar to fraternities or sororities, but without that annoying gender bias) and clubs. Regular class trips take the students to see marvelous wonders that they would surely never get to see at any other school. Weekly sports events, school assemblies, dances and academic programs also provide opportunities for students to mix with their peers. So, welcome to Miskatonic Prep... Just be sure to survive the year! Congratulations! You have successfully made it through the "blurb" of the game. Miskatonic Preparatory School will be a lighthearted and fun-filled romp through various anime tropes, particularly those common to harem anime. It is a text-based game, so no voice client will be used. Also, the game will have multiple "rooms" (campaign groups) to keep some things separate, with GMs having a room of their own, a single room for OOC chat and "out of line" dice rolls, and at least one main room for the roleplay (as well as several "private rooms" for individual play that doesn't need to be played out in the main room). Yes, I did say "GMs" as the group already has three co-GMs and will likely add more as we grow. The game will use modified Maid RPG rules to give it a more "school" feel, with primary characters being students at the school. Because of the mood of the group, which will flow between freeform and tabletop, players are allowed to have secondary characters, as well as a teacher if they so desire, though their primary character will have benefits that the others don't. The game will likely have a few scheduled timeslots each week, but will also have pickup games when GMs are available, as well as playtime when no GM is present. New players and characters will be phased in gradually as they become ready to enter, and as GMs are ready for the extra numbers. A small group (the founding members of the game) will be starting soon on their first day of the school year. New players will then be brought into the roleplay when we're ready for them, though they'll still be considered to have started on the first day and already gone through orientation. (So, you won't have to roleplay as transferring, since the school probably doesn't have dozens of transfers in a school year. If you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask them. If you've made it this far through this wall of text, then maybe you're actually interested, so here's a handy join link for the OOC room. See you there!
Up to 18 potential players, and the first group will hopefully be starting up tomorrow, and the rest will be phased in gradually. Plenty more room for people.
Startup was set back a bit as we went back through the ruleset to modify things as necessary for the game to run smoothly. We came to the conclusion that the Maid rules, as written, were really bad. :P Thankfully, we have the patience to rewrite them and think up new ones. Though, the rules will be in a state of beta testing for a while.
First game is set for next Friday, beginning with the original players. More players will then be filtered in over the next week or so as our GMs settle into their schedules.
Finally, tomorrow is our first session, and it looks like we'll have around ten people starting up (3 GMs and 7 players) for the orientation and introductions. More will be added as they get their characters fleshed out and ready to go.
We had a great first session... Three GMs and five players (though, technically, the GMs all have PCs, too, so make that eight players), and we had a good orientation. All of the GMs through something into the mix, and it was delightfully hectic, as a weird school should be. Now, we plan on settling into smaller games during the week, and bringing in new players as we move on. It's going to be a blast.

Edited 1428798288
Okay, we've had a few official sessions, and things are looking good, though there's still room for some more players. Some of the current potentials are slow to get their characters made, so we can bring in faster people if any are around to jump in. Once you have your character idea written out, we usually ask a few questions about it, and then ask you into the OOC channel for some noncanon roleplay to get a feel for it. Then, when we have a planned or pickup session, we can bring you into it. We have 27 members in the group, but only 9 have finalized at least one character and joined play. (The GMs technically have bunches of characters between them.) Who's next?
Marie A.
Forum Champion
When you signed up for Roll20 you agreed to abide by a Code of Conduct . While advertisements for 18+ campaigns are allowed in the Looking for Group forum, the content of the advertisements themselves must be PG. As such, explicit content has been removed from your post. Please review the Code of Conduct to ensure you are posting within the rules you agreed to abide by. Thanks!
Wow, I had to compare it to another copy to even figure out what was removed. Sorry. I didn't think those two references were more than PG. They didn't seem more than innuendo...
On a side note, because of some issues with Maid RPG (and Schoolgirl RPG, a derivative thereof), we've been looking at perhaps switching to another system that better suits the needs of the game. Maid is primarily geared up for one-shots with disposable characters, while we're trying to run a longer campaign off of it. Even with considerable adaptation on the parts of the three current GMs, the system is still falling short. If this changes, I'll make a new thread with the new system, and I'll make sure to use the edited description.
Bump.
Is this still a thing? Please tell me yes. then I'll have even more reason to get the pdf for this.
It is still a thing, yes, though we've been in considerations for switching to another system, since Maid leaves a lot to be desired for a campaign-styled game. It's really meant for one-shots.
Aw, I just found out a pal of mine has it and we did a trial character run... and odly enough I ended up rolling something similar to Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo!
Well, we're still using Maid/Schoolgirl as the basis for the game, at least for now. Though, again, almost all of our players have expressed displeasure with the system. It's really just designed to run with throwaway characters that you're not attached to and can play one time and then forget.
A lack of growth and development? kinda like if DnD had no leveling system? or am I slightly off?
Well, there is that, but it's mostly the mechanics. The dice-rolling, in particular, creates a vast gap between stat numbers.
I'm kind of interested
Seems kinky....
Is that a bad thing?
I have no idea what you're talking about, you can get just as attached to your characters as in any system.
Love this game love to join to team. Or any anime/manga rpg plz add me
I'd be interested in joining too. Is out of the question to be a Male student? I know that the Maid Game pretty much restricted Butlers to 1 per game.
This game sounds super interesting, I would love to join!
Cross Brother said: I'd be interested in joining too. Is out of the question to be a Male student? I know that the Maid Game pretty much restricted Butlers to 1 per game. Even in the base Maid rules, there's the option of being a guy. In a school setting, I don't see why being male would be excluded unless it's an all-girls school.
EvilChildren said: I have no idea what you're talking about, you can get just as attached to your characters as in any system. If you get attached, then you're bound for disappointment, because there are ample ways to get a character changed completely, or discarded entirely from the game. Plus, there's simply not enough depth to the game to go for more than a session or two before the whole thing goes stale. The reason why characters are able to be quick-rolled is so they can be put together spur of the moment, and dropped just as quickly. Cross Brother said: I'd be interested in joining too. Is out of the question to be a Male student? I know that the Maid Game pretty much restricted Butlers to 1 per game. There are no Butlers, just students, so you can be any gender. The gender numbers in the description even shows the makeup of the student body.