Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

3/23: Update with some polishing and bugfixes

We've just pushed out an update with a few bugfixes and some polish relating to the new features in the Update of Holding. In particular: Multiline text in roll templates (for example, if you are including the value of a textarea from a character sheet as a roll template variable) will now work correctly, with no changes needed to existing macros/sheets/etc. If you are using the Chrome Beta (v 42), the popout character sheets feature should now work correctly after you close the external window for the first time. Fixed an issue where 3D Dice were still visible to everyone if you had a macro that had multiple commands, some of which were things like whispers and some of which were regular commands. It should now no longer be possible to accidentally start dragging a dialog box when you're trying to click a button (e.g. to Show to Players or Edit). We've also pushed out a big batch of new character sheet updates, including roll templates for the main Pathfinder sheet. Enjoy!

Edited 1427135067
Thank you very much for the improvement to the multiline roll templates! It is indeed helpful because it does prevent "breaking" the roll template, however it doesn't maintain the actual line breaks, it simply concatenates it. So it is definitely a step in the right direction, but there needs to be a way to maintain or add line breaks within the text.
Can you give a specific example of a macro you're using? I tested it earlier but maybe I didn't catch all the edge cases.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Nice work! support requests for sheets might go down by about 300% now ;)
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for the multi line fix and the mention of our roll templates. I hope everyone enjoys them :-)

Edited 1427147423
Riley D. said: Can you give a specific example of a macro you're using? I tested it earlier but maybe I didn't catch all the edge cases. Here is a typical example: ugh, this is kind of hard to see, but basically it the 5e sheet, class tab. In that you specify the output field with: **1st:** Identify, Magic Missile **2nd:** Invisibility **3rd:** Dispel Magic The roll template does not "break" with the above output, but the line breaks that are in place for better readability are not maintained and the output appears as follows on a single word wrapped line: 1st: Identify, Magic Missile 2nd: Invisibility 3rd: Dispel Magic Thanks!

Edited 1427161225
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
Kevin said: Thank you very much for the improvement to the multiline roll templates! It is indeed helpful because it does prevent "breaking" the roll template, however it doesn't maintain the actual line breaks, it simply concatenates it. So it is definitely a step in the right direction, but there needs to be a way to maintain or add line breaks within the text. I think this should be fixed now, let me know! EDIT: Actually, it still seems to be broken on the 5e roll templates (and I'm sure others as well) although it is working on the default template. I tried putting in <br> tags for the line breaks (which is what's needed), but I'll keep working on it. EDIT 2: Okay, this time I think it's actually fixed :-)
Hooray!! Thanks Riley, you and the rest of the Roll20 team are really outstanding! It's working great now, thanks!
Could we have a way to force a break in the template or mark the end of one? With the fix in the line breaks we can no longer call separate templates with a single macro. As an example if I make a macro or token action that wants to multiple things like: #SomeTemplatecall /w gm something #SomeotherTemplatecall This will no longer work. The first and second template merge taking the header information of the second template while ignoring the /w GM command. If we could force a break or mark the end of the first template, then that functionality would return. Thanks Ed
Ed S. said: Could we have a way to force a break in the template or mark the end of one? With the fix in the line breaks we can no longer call separate templates with a single macro. As an example if I make a macro or token action that wants to multiple things like: #SomeTemplatecall /w gm something #SomeotherTemplatecall This will no longer work. The first and second template merge taking the header information of the second template while ignoring the /w GM command. If we could force a break or mark the end of the first template, then that functionality would return. Thanks Ed That was a bug, it should be fixed now.
Something I noticed tonight, and talked about with The Aaron when he was helping me with something else, inline rolls work great when just doing [[1d20]]. The dice shoots out, and everything works as intended (the result waits until the dice finish). However, when using something like PowerCards, the dice won't roll. You get the results printed appropriately, but no 3D dice pop out and roll.

Edited 1427540035
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sean G. said: Something I noticed tonight, and talked about with The Aaron when he was helping me with something else, inline rolls work great when just doing [[1d20]]. The dice shoots out, and everything works as intended (the result waits until the dice finish). However, when using something like PowerCards, the dice won't roll. You get the results printed appropriately, but no 3D dice pop out and roll. PowerCards use the API to generate values, and the API cannot generate 3D dice.

Edited 1427546725
Which I am tracking. The point I am making, is the 3D dice are not spitting out in a roll, whereas they were 4-5 days ago, as per a normal, non-PowerCard inline roll.
Until the most recent 3d dice fix (1-2 weeks ago), Powercards were indeed spitting out 3d dice, so not sure what changed.
Can you give me an example of the macro you are using client-side?

Edited 1427580921
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Here's one I use that doesn't roll the dice and it gives the results in chat immediately. !power --name|@{character_name}'s Defenses --AC|[[@{AC}]] **T:** [[@{Touch}]] **FF:** [[@{Flat-Footed}]] --Saving Throws|^^**Fort** [[1d20 + @{Fort}]] **Ref** [[1d20 + @{Ref}]] **Will** [[1d20 + @{Will}]] --DR|@{DR} --SR|[[@{SR}]] --Save Notes|@{Save-notes} --Resistances|@{resistances} --Immunities|@{immunities} --Weaknesses|@{weaknesses}

Edited 1427590562
Even doing something as basic as the following just kicks out the result, with no 3d Dice roll (the d20 is just an example. All dice react the same): !power --name|Test --Roll|[[1d20]]

Edited 1427724406
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
Oh, okay, I remember what's going on here. So with the new changes to the 3D Dice, we wait until we actually "render" the message to your window to show the 3D Dice rolling. With an API command, the original message with the roll is never actually rendered. The PowerCards script does use that data to later display dice results, but that's a new message (one created with sendChat()) and it's not a "real" roll, it's just HTML that looks like a roll was made. So we have message A, which is "!power --name|Test --Roll|[[1d20]]". That message is calculated client-side (the rolls are made, etc.), but it's never shown since it's an API command. The calculated message (including dice results) are then sent to the API server. PowerCards script then makes a new message, message B, which contains HTML that looks like an inline roll but is really not an "actual" roll, and then puts the results from the roll from message A in there. Since message A is never shown to anyone, and since message B doesn't actually have any rolls in it, you don't get the 3D Dice shown on your screen. I can probably make it so that the 3D Dice can show to the person who is making the original roll via the API command, but I won't be able to have it show to everyone. Because when do the original roll, in message A, we don't know on our end who should be able to see it (the API script determines that later). Which is the bug we fixed (where 3D Dice were showing to everyone when they shouldn't have been). So with the current way it works, our options are either: 1) Make it so 3D Dice show to everyone regardless of who should actually see the final result, or 2) Only show 3D Dice to people who should see the final result, but not be able to show them for API scripts since those have their own way of determining who the message goes to (an !api command may end up as a whisper, a regular message, etc.) I'll give it some more thought and see if there's a way to better support it. But at least now hopefully you know what's going on :-).
Update 3/30 A few more polishing/bugfixes out today, including: Character sheet updates (Pathfinder now has Roll Templates!) Fixed a bug where you could sometimes accidentally start dragging a dialog box when you were trying to click on a button (e.g. Edit) in the dialog box titlebar. Fixed an issues where it would appear that you could nest a folder deeper than 5 levels in the journal tab. Fixed an issue where sometimes a user would start generating chat items that were out of order, causing the entire chat tab to become inoperable until the chat log was cleared. Added a fallback so that if the QuantumRoll server is unavailable for any reason (for example, what happened yesterday), dice rolls will still keep working (just without the QuantumRoll symbol, since it's a local roll that we haven't verified).
How about an option in the api to trigger 3D rolls from sendChat?
Thank you so much for fix to the chat/chat log issues, this one plagued me a bit this weekend, so I am very happy to see it addressed!
Thanks for the update Riley.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
HoneyBadger said: How about an option in the api to trigger 3D rolls from sendChat? Maybe something like: showRoll(msg.inlinerolls[0].rollid, ["-Jagv-Bttcz_egtjUjou","-JS3qKxIUPHLzSbK24ve"]); // or showRoll(msg.inlinerolls[0].rollid, 'all'); // or showRoll(_.pluck(msg.inlinerolls,'rollid'), ["-Jagv-Bttcz_egtjUjou","-JS3qKxIUPHLzSbK24ve"]); // or showRoll(_.pluck(msg.inlinerolls,'rollid'), 'all'); Assuming you could play the roll from the rollid, probably only allow each player to only see it once?
HoneyBadger said: How about an option in the api to trigger 3D rolls from sendChat? We could add that (and are planning to do so), but I don't know that would actually fix this problem (unless it's going to be changed to where all rolls are done on the API side).
Love the updates to the pathfinder sheet. I was able to turn all my monster/npc attack roll macros to GM tells instead. Overall just makes everything cleaner and easier to read.