Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Bars and Bubbles out of order

For some reason Bar 1, Bar 2, and Bar 3 don't share the same order as the bubbles above the token's heads. There is no possible reason I can think of for it to be this way, and it should literally be a 20 second fix to reorient them. Hopefully this can get sorted quickly, as it's extremely confusing for the user. Thanks!
Gold
Forum Champion
It is a valid suggestion to change the sequence of bars & bubbles. Just to let you know the reasoning for the way it is now, I think it is for games that only use 1, those are the primary positions, center (bubble) and top (bar). You are right it is confusing at first. The most important visual cue is the matching colors. Green bubble = green bar. Red=red, blue=blue. Tell your players to look at the color Green, Red, Blue, that should help settle the initial confusion that crops up. Until Roll20 fills your suggestion and offers a way to change the ordering.
Thanks Gold, I had indeed been using the colors to keep track. I'm somewhat obsessive about stuff like that, so it just bothers me a bit when playing that it's so unintuitive.
I'm voting for this, more because I would like to be able to change the order to whatever I want. I don't like that Bar1 / Center Bubble is so far above the token. It makes it hard to see the health bars when there are a bunch of NPCs overlapping. I'd almost rather we had bubbles and bars separated for this reason. I only use 1 bar, my players only ever see HP. I like to use that center bubble for that reason.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .