Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Update 6/4: Modules, API on the Main Server, and More!

There's a new update out today with some fun goodies. In particular: Introducing Modules For a while now we've wanted to offer one-click adventures that were already set up in Roll20 Campaigns and ready to go, so you could get up and playing with your group as quickly as possible. Today everyone has access to the first official "Roll20 Modules." The first is "A0: Crow's Rest Island" by the folks at Adventure a Week. It's completely free. The second is "The Breaking of Forstor Nagar" by Rite Publishing , and it includes tokens by Devin Night and maps by Jonathan Roberts. It costs $9.99.  These modules include everything you need to play a game right out of the box, including maps, tokens, characters (including abilities and attributes), handouts, and even background music and sound effects! Once you purchase a module, you can create as many new campaigns as you want based on that module. To use a module, just choose it from the Create a New Campaign page. For the Forstor module, you can click on the module to purchase it without leaving the app, then create a new campaign based on that module right away. API on the Main Server for Mentors Today we're also pleased to announce that the API is now available on both the Main and Dev servers for Mentors. You'll find the "API Scripts" link on the Campaign Details page of your campaigns.
I wrote _Breaking of Fostor Nagar_ and I'm happy to answer questions about it. -Ben.
Great update, I love it! Looking forward to more modules!
Ben. said: I wrote _Breaking of Fostor Nagar_ and I'm happy to answer questions about it. -Ben. Hi, for the character sheets, you have added "+" in front of positive additives, such as fortitude and abilities. This is a "problem", because to use macros with them, we need to remove them for macros to work. Also... I think it should be mentioned that you basically "need" the PDF in addition to the Roll20 module, since there's no storyline at all here. You get some great maps to use, and I will certainly use it, but I was suprised that there was no form for storyline here, which it's very clear that there is, when you look at... Everything :-P  Problem now, is that I feel kinda "tricked" into buying the PDF also. Even though it's possible to do without the PDF. I would suggest that you add it as a comment somewhere, that it's based on another purchasable PDF which you won't get in this module, but that it's possible to play without if you don't want that. If I'd read that immediatly, before purchasing the module, I'd probably already bought the PDF too... But really, this module is a very good one, and I like several things about it. The macros are done in a way I hadn't even thought of, and seem to be much more efficient, and smart. It does make them a bit more "stationary", but it's still very practical, as this module probably will be played in that "stationary" intended way. Also, the maps are great! Even though, as I don't have the PDF, I have no clue what the "bridge" is, what the sephia is, and so on. I only know my players won't see it. Anyways, I want to stress that this IS a good module. And it's probably great, or even fantastic, with the PDF. Thanks a lot :-)
Leif Egil R. said: Ben. said: I wrote _Breaking of Fostor Nagar_ and I'm happy to answer questions about it. -Ben. Hi, for the character sheets, you have added "+" in front of positive additives, such as fortitude and abilities. This is a "problem", because to use macros with them, we need to remove them for macros to work. Also... I think it should be mentioned that you basically "need" the PDF in addition to the Roll20 module, since there's no storyline at all here. You get some great maps to use, and I will certainly use it, but I was suprised that there was no form for storyline here, which it's very clear that there is, when you look at... Everything :-P&nbsp; Problem now, is that I feel kinda "tricked" into buying the PDF also. Even though it's possible to do without the PDF. I would suggest that you add it as a comment somewhere, that it's based on another purchasable PDF which you won't get in this module, but that it's possible to play without if you don't want that. If I'd read that immediatly, before purchasing the module, I'd probably already bought the PDF too... But really, this module is a very good one, and I like several things about it. The macros are done in a way I hadn't even thought of, and seem to be much more efficient, and smart. It does make them a bit more "stationary", but it's still very practical, as this module probably will be played in that "stationary" intended way. Also, the maps are great! Even though, as I don't have the PDF, I have no clue what the "bridge" is, what the sephia is, and so on. I only know my players won't see it. Anyways, I want to stress that this IS a good module. And it's probably great, or even fantastic, with the PDF. Thanks a lot :-) We handled setting up the module itself on our end. I know there was a reason we put the "+" in front of the attributes, but I don't remember what it was off the top of my head. The PDF is absolutely included when you buy the module from us. You can download it on the module page on the marketplace:&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/module/2/the-breaking-of-forstor-nagar" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/module/2/the-breaking-of-forstor-nagar</a> (right-hand side at the bottom). Obviously we need to find a better place to put that.
So should qualify my statement by saying I wrote the adventure and can answer questions regarding the adventure content. :) -Ben.
And wanted to pop in and stress that there will be no "tricking" into buying PDF's and the like. &nbsp;We really, really, really want modules to be a complete package (within reason-- like we aren't providing the core game system). &nbsp;We would not have carried this product without having the PDF.
Oh, I'm sorry... It's really obvious now that I see it over again... Well.. At least I don't feel tricked at all. &nbsp; Again, I'm sorry. At least I pointed out that it wasn't obvious for me before I was pointed it out. Gotta count for something :-P Well, I will now describe it as an exellent module :-)
Could you post the modules in the "Marketplace"?
Lisa said: Could you post the modules in the "Marketplace"? We're aware they're currently not easily searched. &nbsp;Should be fixed before or with the next update.