Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

MnM3E Interest Check (GMT, Weekends from 10 PM)

Hello! It has been a while since I posted here, and a while since I was able to get a game off the ground. In short, I wanted to run a game of Mutants and Masterminds, and potentially release it as a podcast, but it will likely not be for this group. I am still writing up some notes for the game in general, and have to finish working on the City map, and I wanted to run the game with a group before recording it, so any issues with it can be ironed out and put fourth for use on the Podcast. I would do it as a Livestream, but sadly my internet is, well, atrocious and it won't be good enough to stream, as it were. If, however, folks wanted to use this for a Youtube thing on their channels, broadcast as a Google Hangout or their own podcasts, I am more than open to the idea. We can discuss that in greater detail later on. Anyway, here's the details: The Game Setting The game will be set in Forge City, a place a short distance north of Los Angeles on the coast of California. The city is known for being on a flat surface of land, surrounded by a mountain range. It was founded as a mining town in the mid 19th century, and is still a prominent supplier of metals and resources to this day. Due to a complex law around superheroism, the lack of powered villains in the city has meant there are no superheroes. You will be the first the city has ever had, but superheroes themselves have been around since the 1950s. Much greater detail on the setting can be found in the campaign window, and additional features can also be discussed and added as characters are made. Mechanical Stuff The game will be run as a Power Level 10 campaign, with the standard 150 power points. There are no limitations on powers, at least not for the moment, though that can be discussed in time. Communication I was thinking Skype due to its ease of use, but for the sake of it I am not adverse to downloading something like Team Speak or Mumble. I've had trouble with the built in WebRTC tech before. I won't be using a webcam, if that makes a difference. Time This is a tricky one. I was thinking of having it on Saturdays at 10pm GMT, and each session would run for about 3 to 4 hours. I would do it sooner, but I have obligations to other games and errands prior to 9 PM. Alternatively, Fridays can work at the same time, and to a lesser extent, so can Sundays. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here. I am looking for 4 to 6 players. You don't need to know the system off by hand, you can be entirely new to it, but some prior knowledge can help.
I would LOVE to join. I have some experience playing 3rd ed(Had a half a year game run before in it). I'd love to play again with a good solid group hopefully. I'm free on fridays and saturdays atm, but i run a game on sunday evenings sadly.
This seems right up my alley, I don't have any experience with M&M but I've played here before. Anyway, my vote's for Friday, that'll be easiest to fit into my schedule.
If friday is a preferable day, then we can make it Friday
Friday is a preferred day for me as well. But the time is about two hours too early for me. 11:59 PM GMT Friday night or 12:01 AM GMT Saturday morning would be preferable for me. I am possibly (at 6'5") the biggest fan of MnM3e on roll20. I can get the roll20 built in voice to work. I can get Google plus hangouts to work. As the name says. "No Skype" I do not have Skype, I will not download Skype specifically or any other third party software in general. I know the DC Adventures/ Mutants and Masterminds Third Edition/ <a href="http://www.d20herosrd.com" rel="nofollow">www.d20herosrd.com</a> system well enough to have considered running it numerous times.
I would definitely love to be apart of your campaign! I have pretty limited experience playing Mutants and Masterminds, although I do have some. Either time on Friday or Saturday would work for me.
Wow, that was quick, glad to see there's some interest. As much as I would like to start later, John, by the time we get a good session in, it would be about 4 AM for me, and there's a good chance I might fall asleep at the keyboard by that point, as I usually head to bed at about 2 AM due to fatigue. Otherwise, i can always try and get the Roll20 stuff to work again.
Do you have an estimate of when this might start? Like next week or maybe a few weeks from now?
I'm working on getting maps and things together for this coming Saturday, so we'll aim for then and I guess go from there.
I'm free this coming Saturday! and the time is good! problem is that every other Saturday is already spoken for.
Well, while you would be able to attend the first session, it then puts us in a bind for the remaining sessions, since this can potentially be quite a long campaign. At this point, I'm currently scheduling the first game for this Friday at 10 PM GMT as a place holder time, since the majority of the votes appear to be for Friday. I probably should have said Friday instead of Saturday in my previous post, and I apologise for my mistake.
Would it be to late to join? I'm in MST (GMT is seven hours ahead of me) and am available from 11am or 12 noon thru 6 pm.
I might not be able to attend with my every alternating week saturday's spoken for, but I thought I would bump this thread anyway. Viva Mutants and Masterminds!
What's with all the thread necromancy? I notice that your resurrecting tons of M&M threads but It it worth noting likelihood of actually getting a catch very low.