Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

L5R Character Sheet

Hey, I am about to start running L5R, but the character sheet seems to have a few issues that I've come across in testing: Initiative rolls don't work in any way, shape, or form. I get an error that looks like this: "Could not determine result type of: [{"type":"M","expr":"((3+round((((((((3+3)-abs(3-3))/2+((2+2)-abs(2-2))/2+((2+2)-abs(2-2))/2+((3+3)-abs(3-3))/2+2)*10)+(0+0+0+1+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+2+0+0+0+0+0+0+4+0+2+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0))-112)/25))))"},{"type":"C","text":"d10k3!!"}] " I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, though oddly the sheet seems to be calculating Insight Rank inside the roll, instead of just referencing the Insight Rank (which is calculated elsewhere on the sheet). Trait rolls don't work: "SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "R" found." The Honor/Glory/Status/Taint pips don't work. If I click on them, they vanish (although there is a value saved on the back end, it doesn't let me continue to edit them as I need to). Skills, after entered and the sheet is closed, don't save on the Skills tab. They are saved on the sheet in general, but it looks as if they are 0 when you re-open the sheet (though if you roll, it uses the right value because it is saved and references that correct variable). Weapons, on the Weapon tab, don't save after you close the sheet (much like skills above). The information exists in the Attributes & Abilities tab, but it doesn't show up on the sheet itself so I can't use the rolling shortcuts. Emphasis rolls don't seem to work. Based on looking at how Roll20 roll coding works, it looks like the roll says "4d10k3!!<1" when it should say "4d10k3!!r1". Seems like a minor error in formatting. The idea is that 1s are supposed to re-roll, but instead something else seems to be happening. Attack rolls from the Weapons tab don't work (SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "K" found. ), though the same exactly roll from the Skill tab does. As far as I can tell, everything else is working. The errors I've listed above seem like small code errors, as it seems like the general outline is there but there are just some mistakes in how it plays out. Unfortunately, I don't know html at all, so these aren't things that I can fix. If there's anyone who understands how this all works and can take some time to fix these, I would be indebted to you. Like I said, it seems like the bulk of everything is good to go, it's just little stuff to make it truly functional. I would be happy to talk through how something is supposed to work, if necessary, to get it fixed. Or whatever. Just let me know! Thanks
Just giving this a little nudge toward the top of the forum.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Aaron said: Hey, I am about to start running L5R, but the character sheet seems to have a few issues that I've come across in testing: Initiative rolls don't work in any way, shape, or form. I get an error that looks like this: "Could not determine result type of: [{"type":"M","expr":"((3+round((((((((3+3)-abs(3-3))/2+((2+2)-abs(2-2))/2+((2+2)-abs(2-2))/2+((3+3)-abs(3-3))/2+2)*10)+(0+0+0+1+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+2+0+0+0+0+0+0+4+0+2+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0))-112)/25))))"},{"type":"C","text":"d10k3!!"}] " I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, though oddly the sheet seems to be calculating Insight Rank inside the roll, instead of just referencing the Insight Rank (which is calculated elsewhere on the sheet). Not particularly familiar with L5R and haven't looked at the sheet at all, just commenting on the last bit: The way the character sheet system works, referencing another calculated value basically just copies and pastes the calculation; it doesn't calculate the number and copy that number over. That's why you would be seeing the entire calculation in the roll, rather than a single number.
Well that answers that question. Thanks, Brian
Would like to bump this as well. Me and my group have been (trying) to use the L5R sheet for a few months, but have had the same problems Aaron has listed. I would love to see some one fix these few small errors. It's a bit of a hassle to reenter all my skills before every session.
Aaron said: Initiative rolls don't work in any way, shape, or form. I get an error that looks like this: "Could not determine result type of: [{"type":"M","expr":"((3+round((((((((3+3)-abs(3-3))/2+((2+2)-abs(2-2))/2+((2+2)-abs(2-2))/2+((3+3)-abs(3-3))/2+2)*10)+(0+0+0+1+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+2+0+0+0+0+0+0+4+0+2+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0))-112)/25))))"},{"type":"C","text":"d10k3!!"}] " I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, though oddly the sheet seems to be calculating Insight Rank inside the roll, instead of just referencing the Insight Rank (which is calculated elsewhere on the sheet). Trait rolls don't work: "SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "R" found." The Honor/Glory/Status/Taint pips don't work. If I click on them, they vanish (although there is a value saved on the back end, it doesn't let me continue to edit them as I need to). Skills, after entered and the sheet is closed, don't save on the Skills tab. They are saved on the sheet in general, but it looks as if they are 0 when you re-open the sheet (though if you roll, it uses the right value because it is saved and references that correct variable). Weapons, on the Weapon tab, don't save after you close the sheet (much like skills above). The information exists in the Attributes & Abilities tab, but it doesn't show up on the sheet itself so I can't use the rolling shortcuts. Emphasis rolls don't seem to work. Based on looking at how Roll20 roll coding works, it looks like the roll says "4d10k3!!<1" when it should say "4d10k3!!r1". Seems like a minor error in formatting. The idea is that 1s are supposed to re-roll, but instead something else seems to be happening. Attack rolls from the Weapons tab don't work (SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "K" found. ), though the same exactly roll from the Skill tab does. I'm not the most knowledgable, but here is what I've found, and I am working on fixes (nothing submitted): 1. This appears to be caused by "round" and "abs" (absolute) entered in a roll. There might be methods around this, but I'm pretty sure its mentor only right now. 2. All the traits worked for me, except Reflexes. This was caused by the word "Reflexes" being inside the "[[ ]]" brackets. 3. These worked for me. The checkbox is a little weird, and it froze the whole line, but un-checking it returned the box to normal. The radio boxes "fill from the left"; check the last box you want and all of them fill until that point. 4. I have no idea about the skills. The have a default value of "0" but that should go away when a new number is loaded. 5. Again, no idea yet. 6. Haven't looked at Emphasis. 7. The weapon selected from the drop down reference the name of the skill, not the attribute of the skill. I can fix it, but I need more info. Lemme ask this: when Bob the Samurai swings his sword, club, or war fan, what does he roll? I mean, what attributes, skills, modifier, etc.
Thanks for looking. 1. Meaning that only mentors can roll it? Or that the fix is mentors? 2. It's possible I kept trying reflexes, haha. Anyway, seems an easy fix. Thanks! 3. I don't see boxes to uncheck. They disappear. I tried in three browsers. If I click, I can't unclick. You still see the boxes? 7. Depends on weapon. When you put in a weapon you pick an associated skill (commonly kenjutsu for katana). The roll is that skill + agility keep agility. The formula can mirror skill rolls, with whatever skill is chosen. I appreciate you looking. Let me know if I can do anything for you!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Coal Powered Puppet said: I'm not the most knowledgable, but here is what I've found, and I am working on fixes (nothing submitted): 1. This appears to be caused by "round" and "abs" (absolute) entered in a roll. There might be methods around this, but I'm pretty sure its mentor only right now. If you're talking nested inline rolls...I believe that's available to everyone now.
Umbra
Sheet Author
Hi! I'm the one responsible for uploading the current L5R sheet, and I apologize for the current state of it. The sheet itself was designed by a player of mine at the time, and I uploaded the last sheet I had from him. It wasn't a sheet that we were using (we used a Dropbox with form-fillable ones) but he seemed optimistic about it. I have been meaning to go through the sheet at some point and get it all sorted out, but life has been getting in the way. I know there are a lot of problems with it in its current state. Short version: the problem is not with you.
Thanks for getting back to me Calle. Anything that can be done to help is appreciated :)
Umbra
Sheet Author
To everyone reading: The sheet has now been fixed and should actually be functional this time. Pull request has been made and is now awaiting approval.
Awesome, Calle. Thank you.
Umbra
Sheet Author
If any Mentors want the sheet early for their campaigns, let me know and I'll send you the link. You'll have to put it in as a Custom sheet, but it'll all be there.