Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFP online playtesting for dreamjumping investigators

Hi everyone! Got a game I've been developing and it seems to be play worthy. Looking for a group of about 4 to play dream jumping investigators a la inception, the cell, or dreamscape (sans psychics). I'm calling the game a psychological thriller rpg. It deals a lot with torments from each characters past attempting to breach their way into the shared space of the dream. Players will also get the chance to be gods of these dream worlds, though that does tend to make the dream structure a bit shaky. Not sure when this will be yet, we can negotiate times after i see if there's any interest. Post on here or send me a pm. Thanks!
I would love helping you but keep in mind that I am a moron
No idea what sort of rule system you've brewed up so far, but I think the rules for Don't Rest Your Head are worth looking at. It is the only thing that comes to mind when I think of messing around with dreamworld realities.
Just paroosed through it. It's not exactly traditional dream realities haha but i can see the appeal. In my system each dream has a level of stability it starts with. Each player has a primary attribute called alter which is used like a skill, and they can change anything they want whenever they want in a godlike capacity. They can reverse gravity of it suits their fancy. The catch there is they damage the dream stability with each change, and the dream creates events reflective if each level of stability. Furthermore players track sanity, which doubles as a resource pool of creative energy for the players. But to the gm, it is a menu that slowly unlocks more torments for the gm to introduce as they slowly lose their grip. Everyone is welcome just let me know if interested!
Null i can't tell if you're actually interested
I'm down.
Yes I am and also the consept seems really cool
I'm available Sunday-Tuesday, and Thursday. Any time on those days can work for me. I've played several game systems (Savage Worlds, D20 Modern, Spycraft, 3-4e D&D) and have been helping another developer playtest a new system for a little over a year now. He now has a publisher lined up and is in his final edits. I really enjoy playtesting new systems and helping developers tweak the system to perfection, which probably stems from my knack for homebrews. I enjoy both light and heavy rules, but light is my preference now after trying both.
Sounds good welcome aboard!
Something like the old " Shattered Dreams " rpg?
havent seen it! Seems a great deal less supernatural and more scifi in mine. The only thing to fear is what you bring with you, or what others bring with them. No nightmarish creatures or anything.
Got room for one more player! Had a last minute drop out. The game starts tonight at 930pm est. Anyone interested?