Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Post Your Macros Here, pt. 2!

Continuation of this thread here. If you have any awesome macros that you made in Roll20, post them here! It's great to see everyone sharing and helping each other out, and eventually we want to get these on the Roll20 Wikia too!
Lets start with something simple. This allows you to whisper to a player that control the targeted token. It works for players or GMs. /w @{target| Whisper to whom? |character_name} ***?{"What"|You notice...}***
Ed S. said: Lets start with something simple. This allows you to whisper to a player that control the targeted token. It works for players or GMs. /w @{target| Whisper to whom? |character_name} ***?{"What"|You notice...}*** I use this so characters can speak to each other, all players know something was said, but not what: /w @{target|token_name} ?{"What"|um} @{selected|token_name} *speaks low.* to @{target|token_name} you want to make it a token macro, so all characters can use it, if they speak to an NPC, it goes to the GM. You can do languages the same way, you need to make a sheet for each language, and give control, and this macro to characters that speak the language, non speakers see the second line. /w Elvish ?{Say Something|"blah,blah"} /em @{selected|token_name} is babbling in Elvish You want to put this macro on the character's sheets and as token action. put it in your macro bar for NPCs.

Edited 1434322380
I was doing some secret GM rolls for scavenging, due to my involvement in These Dice of Mine and streamlining all of it using macros, and I decided to share my secret ability check roller. It will whisper the roll to the GM and the GM only, as well as display a box to everyone else letting you know that you performed your check. This is especially good for Perception checks, secret CON saves, as well as any other search for secret items and such. If you'd like to know how to do this, simply click on the check you want, copy everything from {{roll=...}}, and then paste it in the macro below. Then, type in the name of the titles. Here's the one I did for Scavenging, which was a custom ability. /w gm &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=Scavenging (Wis) }}} {{subheader=@{target|Ability Check|token_name} • Ability Check}} {{rollname=Result}} {{roll=[[ d20 + @{Franklin|custom_skill_1} + (@{Franklin|global_check_bonus}) ]]}} {{rolladv=[[ d20 + @{Franklin|custom_skill_1} + (@{Franklin|global_check_bonus}) ]]}} @{Franklin|classactioncustom1skill} &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=Scavenging (Wis) }}} {{subheader=@{target|Ability Check|token_name} • Ability Check}} {{rollname=Result}} {{roll=The DM will tell you!}}
Hey guys, this thread is great! I am working on a macro for a glaive weapon playing 5e having the Two Handed Weapon fighting style (as a paladin with sentinel, pole arms master, and using hunters mark a lot if it matters for anything) and this is how far I have gotten. @{Unknown Paladin|output_option} &{template:5eDefault} {{weapon=1}} {{character_name=@{Unknown Paladin|character_name}}} @{Unknown Paladin|show_character_name} {{title=Glaive}} {{subheader=Melee - 10}} {{attack=[[d20 + 0 + @{Unknown Paladin|PB} + (@{Unknown Paladin|global_melee_attack_bonus})]]}} {{attackadv=[[d20 + 0 + @{Unknown Paladin|PB} + (@{Unknown Paladin|global_melee_attack_bonus})]]}} {{damage=Normal attack [[1d8]], if butt attack [[d4]].}} {{attackcancrit=1}} {{critdamage=Normal attack add [[1d8]] damage, butt attack add [[d4]]. If hunters mark is active, also add [[d6]]}} {{rollname=Hunters Mark}} {{roll=If active, add [[d6]] damage.}} it looks like this (both on a crit roll, and a non crit roll.) My question is how do I get it to reroll 1's and 2's on the damage rolls and only show the number of the second roll? I have no idea how to do it. I am missing some strength modifiers on the damage in there somewhere. Also, any advice is certainly welcome. Like how to do different stuff with the header. Thank you in advance guys, Im pretty much a total noob.
I think I did it better (not the 1's and 2's reroll yet). It now has the strength modifier added to the damage, and it looks good. @{Unknown Paladin|output_option} &{template:5eDefault} {{weapon=1}} {{character_name=@{Unknown Paladin|character_name}}} @{Unknown Paladin|show_character_name} {{title=Glaive}} {{subheader=Melee • 10}} {{attack=[[d20 + 0 + @{Unknown Paladin|PB} + (@{Unknown Paladin|global_melee_attack_bonus})]]}} {{attackadv=[[d20 + 0 + @{Unknown Paladin|PB} + (@{Unknown Paladin|global_melee_attack_bonus})]]}} {{damage=Normal attack [[1d8 + @{Unknown Paladin|strength_mod}]], if butt attack [[d4 + @{Unknown Paladin|strength_mod}]].}} {{attackcancrit=1}} {{critdamage=Normal attack add [[1d8]] damage, butt attack add [[d4]]. If hunters mark is active, also add [[d6]]}} {{rollname=Hunters Mark}} {{roll=If active, add [[d6]] damage.}}
@Unslayable One The formula for re-rolling ones and twos is ro<2 use {1d8ro<2}.

Edited 1434542235
I'm trying to set up some multi-attack macros for my monsters. The one I'm working on currently is the Violet Fungus which does 1d4 Rotting Touch attacks. Rotting Touch: Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 10', one creature. Hit: (1d8) necrotic damage. Anyone want to give me a hand and take a crack at this? Here's the macro so far, but it's broken. &{template:5eDefault} {{title=Multiattack vs @{target|token_name} }} {{weapon=1}}{{subheader2=Rotting Touch}} {{emote=**The Violet Fungus lashes out at @{target|token_name}** }} {{subheaderright2=Reach 10'}} {{multiattack=1}} {{mattack1=[[1d20+2]]}} {{mattack1adv=[[1d20+2]]}} {{mdamage1=**Rotting Touch**[[1d8]] Necrotic}} {{mattack2=[[1d20+2]]}} {{mattack2adv=[[1d20+2]] }} {{mdamage2=**Rotting Touch** [[1d8]] Necrotic}} {{mattack3=[[1d20+2]]}} {{mattack3adv=[[1d20+2]]}} {{mdamage3= **Rotting Touch** [[1d8]] Necrotic}}

Edited 1434553911
@Gregory you have most of it, but you are missing the mcritdamage1-3 and the fourth attack. Try this. I added in a roll in the emote to denote the number of attacks as well. &{template:5eDefault} {{title=Multiattack vs @{target|token_name} }} {{weapon=1}}{{subheader2=Rotting Touch}} {{emote=**The Violet Fungus lashes out [[1d4]] times at @{target|token_name}** }} {{subheaderright2=Reach 10'}} {{multiattack=1}} {{mattack1=[[1d20+2]]}} {{mattack1adv=[[1d20+2]]}} {{mdamage1=**Rotting Touch**[[1d8]] Necrotic}} {{mcritdamage1=[[1d8]] Necrotic}} {{mattack2=[[1d20+2]]}} {{mattack2adv=[[1d20+2]] }} {{mdamage2=**Rotting Touch** [[1d8]] Necrotic}} {{mcritdamage2=[[1d8]] Necrotic}}{{mattack3=[[1d20+2]]}} {{mattack3adv=[[1d20+2]]}} {{mdamage3= **Rotting Touch** [[1d8]] Necrotic}}{{mcritdamage3=[[1d8]] Necrotic}} {{mattack4=[[1d20+2]]}} {{mattack4adv=[[1d20+2]] }} {{mdamage4=**Rotting Touch** [[1d8]] Necrotic}} {{mcritdamage4=[[1d8]] Necrotic}}

Edited 1434599341
Thank you so much Ed S.! It seems to be working great! @{Unknown Paladin|output_option} &{template:5eDefault} {{weapon=1}} {{character_name=@{Unknown Paladin|character_name}}} @{Unknown Paladin|show_character_name} {{title=Glaive}} {{subheader=Melee • 10}} {{attack=[[d20 + 0 + @{Unknown Paladin|PB} + (@{Unknown Paladin|global_melee_attack_bonus})]]}} {{attackadv=[[d20 + 0 + @{Unknown Paladin|PB} + (@{Unknown Paladin|global_melee_attack_bonus})]]}} {{damage=Normal attack [[{1d8ro<2} + @{Unknown Paladin|strength_mod}]], if butt attack [[{1d4ro<2} + @{Unknown Paladin|strength_mod}]]}} {{attackcancrit=1}} {{critdamage=Normal attack add [[{1d8ro<2}]] damage, butt attack add [[{1d4ro<2}]]. If hunters mark is active, also add [[d6]]}} {{rollname=Hunters Mark}} {{roll=If active, add [[d6]] damage.}} This is my new version of the macro. It seems to put the correct numbers in the chat log... but I cannot explain that every time the 3d dice seen on the screen, there is an extra d4 rolled. I do not understand why. Also, I do not see the d20's rolled on screen, but that is not very important. If it is of any consequence, here is what the out put looks like. Non crit, and crit respectively.
Thanks Ed! I'm going to try it right now!
Gah... it's the same thing every time! here's what it looks like: and that's it. It shows the dice rolling on the screen, but nothing else.
You're missing a curly brace somewhere or you didn't enter the macro as one continuous line of text.
Tried taking out the spaces, and checking the brackets. Still no luck!
Not sure if it matters, but I'm using Sheet version: 8th June 2015
also, do I have to have a subscription? I'm just using a free account.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You don't need a subscription for the roll templates that are built into sheets.
@Gregory F. I just copied the macro from my post and pasted it directly into the chat and it worked. If you are missing one } some where in there it will not spit it out. Try and copy it again.

Edited 1434674355
Gregory F. said: Gah... it's the same thing every time! here's what it looks like: and that's it. It shows the dice rolling on the screen, but nothing else. Create a new character sheet called PC Macros. Then, at the end, add @{PC Macros|classactioncustom1skill} That should be a good work-around. xP If your players can't use it, make sure they have permission to that character sheet.
Benson, The roll-template terminator isn't necessary for the multiattack scripts and actually causes more problems as it would spit out the multiattack tags twice. I did just notice that the {{weapon=1}} tag is superfluous as the {{mulitattack=1}} overrides it. Even so that would not prevent the roll-template from functioning. It most likely is a missed bracket.
Ed S. said: Benson, The roll-template terminator isn't necessary for the multiattack scripts and actually causes more problems as it would spit out the multiattack tags twice. I did just notice that the {{weapon=1}} tag is superfluous as the {{mulitattack=1}} overrides it. Even so that would not prevent the roll-template from functioning. It most likely is a missed bracket. Well... lowercase names are usually reserved for actual names in the character sheet (ex. {{result=}}, {{ability=1}}), so changing them to capital would fix it. It's a lot more work on your side at the beginning, but MUCH more customizable.
Benson Y. said: Gregory F. said: Gah... it's the same thing every time! here's what it looks like: and that's it. It shows the dice rolling on the screen, but nothing else. Create a new character sheet called PC Macros. Then, at the end, add @{PC Macros|classactioncustom1skill} That should be a good work-around. xP If your players can't use it, make sure they have permission to that character sheet. Thanks Benson & Ed! You guys are great. By combining the 2 suggestions, I got them to work finally! I can just use however many of the 1d4 attacks that come up. In the example below for instance, it says "The Violet Fungus lashes out 2 times at Bloodbath" so I would use Mattack1 & Mattack2 and ignore the rest. You guys are great! Here is the full macro I'm using, and it worked from the multiattack button on the NPC sheet! &{template:5eDefault} {{title=Multiattack vs @{target|token_name} }} {{weapon=1}}{{subheader2=Rotting Touch}} {{emote=**The Violet Fungus lashes out [[1d4]] times at @{target|token_name}** }} {{subheaderright2=Reach 10'}} {{multiattack=1}} {{mattack1=[[1d20+2]]}} {{mattack1adv=[[1d20+2]]}} {{mdamage1=**Rotting Touch**[[1d8]] Necrotic}} {{mcritdamage1=[[1d8]] Necrotic}} {{mattack2=[[1d20+2]]}} {{mattack2adv=[[1d20+2]] }} {{mdamage2=**Rotting Touch** [[1d8]] Necrotic}} {{mcritdamage2=[[1d8]] Necrotic}}{{mattack3=[[1d20+2]]}} {{mattack3adv=[[1d20+2]]}} {{mdamage3= **Rotting Touch** [[1d8]] Necrotic}}{{mcritdamage3=[[1d8]] Necrotic}} {{mattack4=[[1d20+2]]}} {{mattack4adv=[[1d20+2]] }} {{mdamage4=**Rotting Touch** [[1d8]] Necrotic}} {{mcritdamage4=[[1d8]] Necrotic}}@{PC Macros|classactioncustom1skill} here's how it looks:

Edited 1434864871
Gregory F. said: Thanks Benson & Ed! You guys are great. By combining the 2 suggestions, I got them to work finally! I can just use however many of the 1d4 attacks that come up. In the example below for instance, it says "The Violet Fungus lashes out 2 times at Bloodbath" so I would use Mattack1 & Mattack2 and ignore the rest. You guys are great! Here is the full macro I'm using, and it worked from the multiattack button on the NPC sheet! That's not too bad Greg, congrats on making that! I had a tad of inspiration and decided to take a shot at it too, simplifying much if your extra rolls and condensing them down, as well as some extra aesthetic choices. I ended up with two versions, one following your original style with the other my own preference. It's up to you really which one to pick, or maybe mix them both. xP Explanation: For the Attack1, Attack2, etc, I simply typed in both rolls, and then added the "|" character in-between. This is also what I did for the subheader, using ALT + NUMPAD 7 to make the "•". For the invisible label, I used no space, then one space, then two spaces, then three spaces. This achieves the same result, but is necessary because if two labels are named the same, one of them will not display. Also, if you want it GM only, just type /w gm in-front of the macro. EDIT: Added an extra space between the damage roll and Rotting Touch, most visible in Attack 1 on the second template. rottingTouch &{template:5eDefault} {{title=Multiattack vs @{target|token_name}}} {{weapon=1}}{{subheader=Rotting Touch • Reach 10'}} {{emote=**The Violet Fungus lashes out [[1d4]] times at @{target|token_name}!}} {{Attack 1=[[1d20+2]] | [[1d20+2]]}} {{=**Rotting Touch** [[1d8]] Necrotic + [[1d8]] if crit}} {{Attack2=[[1d20+2]] | [[1d20+2]]}} {{ =**Rotting Touch** [[1d8]] Necrotic + [[1d8]] if crit}} {{Attack3=[[1d20+2]] | [[1d20+2]]}} {{ =**Rotting Touch** [[1d8]] Necrotic + [[1d8]] if crit}} {{Attack4=[[1d20+2]] | [[1d20+2]]}} {{ = **Rotting Touch** [[1d8]] Necrotic + [[1d8]] if crit}} @{PC Macros|classactioncustom1skill} &{template:5eDefault} {{title=Rotting Touch}} {{weapon=1}}{{subheader=Melee • Reach 10'}} {{emote=**The Violet Fungus lashes out [[1d4]] times at @{target|token_name}!}} {{Target=**@{target|token_name}**}}{{Attack 1=[[1d20+2]] | [[1d20+2]]}} {{=**Rotting Touch** [[1d8]] Necrotic + [[1d8]] if crit}} {{Attack2=[[1d20+2]] | [[1d20+2]]}} {{ =**Rotting Touch** [[1d8]] Necrotic + [[1d8]] if crit}} {{Attack3=[[1d20+2]] | [[1d20+2]]}} {{ =**Rotting Touch** [[1d8]] Necrotic + [[1d8]] if crit}} {{Attack4=[[1d20+2]] | [[1d20+2]]}} {{ =**Rotting Touch** [[1d8]] Necrotic + [[1d8]] if crit}} @{PC Macros|classactioncustom1skill}
For those of you looking to manipulate 5E macros, I made a quick guide about it here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2101003/5e-template-for-macros-how-to-manipulate-it#post-2101003" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2101003/5e-template-for-macros-how-to-manipulate-it#post-2101003</a>

Edited 1434939863
This is a single target ranged spell attack macro (Eldritch Blast) for Warlocks in D&D 5e using the PowerCards API script. The methods used here can be adapted for other single target attacks as well. Attacks that target multiple targets aren't suited for complex conditionals. The attribute calls @{charisma_mod} and @{PB} are part of the D&D 5e sheet and can be replaced with whatever mods you want to use. . !power {{ --charid|@{character_id} --emote|//Nameless unleashes a blast of raw eldritch energy.// --name|Eldritch Blast --leftsub|Ranged Attack --rightsub|120 ft --title|Attack Type: [[ [$Van] ?{Advantage 2, Disadvantage 1, Standard 0|0} + 0d0 ]] ^^ Hex: [[ [$Hex] ?{Hex|0} + 0d0 ]] ^^ Target AC: [[ [$AC] [[@{target||AC}]] + 0d0 ]] -- ?? $Van == 0 ?? !StdAtk|**Attack:** [[ [$StdAtk] 1d20 + [[@{charisma_mod}]] [Cha Mod] + [[@{PB}]] [Proficiency] ]] vs [[ [txt] @{target||AC} + 0d0]] AC (@{target||token_name}) -- ?? $Van == 1 ?? !DisAtk|**Attack:** [[ [$DisAtk] 2d20kl1 + [[@{charisma_mod}]] [Cha Mod] + [[@{PB}]] [Proficiency] ]] vs [[ [txt] @{target||AC} + 0d0]] AC (@{target||token_name}) -- ?? $Van == 2 ?? !AdvAtk|**Attack:** [[ [$AdvAtk] 2d20kh1 + [[@{charisma_mod}]] [Cha Mod] + [[@{PB}]] [Proficiency] ]] vs [[ [txt] @{target||AC} + 0d0]] AC (@{target||token_name}) -- ?? $Van == 0 AND $StdAtk.base == 1 ?? !StdCritFail|$$#A00|**You critically missed!**$$ -- ?? $Van == 0 AND $StdAtk.base &lt;&gt; 1 AND $StdAtk.total &lt; $AC ?? !StdMiss|$$#A00|**You missed!**$$ -- ?? $Van == 0 AND $StdAtk.base &lt;&gt; 1 AND $StdAtk.total &gt;= $AC AND $StdAtk.base &lt;&gt; 20 ?? !StdHit|**Hit:** [[ [nh] 1d10 ]] force damage and the target is pushed ten feet -- ?? $Van == 0 AND $StdAtk.base &lt;&gt; 1 AND $StdAtk.total &gt;= $AC AND $StdAtk.base &lt;&gt; 20 AND $Hex &lt;&gt; 0 ?? !StdHex|^* **+** [[ [nh] 1d6 ]] necrotic damage -- ?? $Van == 0 AND $StdAtk.base == 20 ?? !StdCritHit|**Critical Hit:** [[ [nh] 2d10]] force damage and the target is pushed ten feet -- ?? $Van == 0 AND $StdAtk.base == 20 AND $Hex &lt;&gt; 0 ?? !StdCritHex|^* **+** [[ [nh] 2d6 ]] necrotic damage -- ?? $Van == 1 AND $DisAtk.base == 1 ?? !DisCritFail|$$#A00|**You critically missed!**$$ -- ?? $Van == 1 AND $DisAtk.base &lt;&gt; 1 AND $DisAtk.total &lt; $AC ?? !DisMiss|$$#A00|**You missed!**$$ -- ?? $Van == 1 AND $DisAtk.base &lt;&gt; 1 AND $DisAtk.total &gt;= $AC AND $DisAtk.base &lt;&gt; 20 ?? !DisHit|**Hit:** [[ [nh] 1d10 ]] force damage and the target is pushed ten feet -- ?? $Van == 1 AND $DisAtk.base &lt;&gt; 1 AND $DisAtk.total &gt;= $AC AND $DisAtk.base &lt;&gt; 20 AND $Hex &lt;&gt; 0 ?? !DisHex|^* **+** [[ [nh] 1d6 ]] necrotic damage -- ?? $Van == 1 AND $DisAtk.base == 20 ?? !DisCritHit|**Critical Hit:** [[ [nh] 2d10]] force damage and the target is pushed ten feet -- ?? $Van == 1 AND $DisAtk.base == 20 AND $Hex &lt;&gt; 0 ?? !DisCritHex|^* **+** [[ [nh] 2d6 ]] necrotic damage -- ?? $Van == 2 AND $AdvAtk.base == 1 ?? !AdvCritFail|$$#A00|**You critically missed!**$$ -- ?? $Van == 2 AND $AdvAtk.base &lt;&gt; 1 AND $AdvAtk.total &lt; $AC ?? !AdvMiss|$$#A00|**You missed!**$$ -- ?? $Van == 2 AND $AdvAtk.base &lt;&gt; 1 AND $AdvAtk.total &gt;= $AC AND $AdvAtk.base &lt;&gt; 20 ?? !AdvHit|**Hit:** [[ [nh] 1d10 ]] force damage and the target is pushed ten feet -- ?? $Van == 2 AND $AdvAtk.base &lt;&gt; 1 AND $AdvAtk.total &gt;= $AC AND $AdvAtk.base &lt;&gt; 20 AND $Hex &lt;&gt; 0 ?? !AdvHex|^* **+** [[ [nh] 1d6 ]] necrotic damage -- ?? $Van == 2 AND $AdvAtk.base == 20 ?? !AdvCritHit|**Critical Hit:** [[ [nh] 2d10]] force damage and the target is pushed ten feet -- ?? $Van == 2 AND $AdvAtk.base == 20 AND $Hex &lt;&gt; 0 ?? !AdvCritHex|^* **+** [[ [nh] 2d6 ]] necrotic damage }}
What would be the code for a saving throw? I have tried {{savethrow}}, {{savingdc}}, {{savingthrow}} but I got nothing :P
{{save=}}
{{save=}} just gets the template to match that of a saving throw I'm looking for code that would show what the water whip example shows: save dc and save success.
You have to add those yourself with @{attribute} calls.
Warren said: {{save=}} just gets the template to match that of saving throw I'm looking for code that would show what the water whip example shows: save dc and save success. Add the following to your template. Of course, insert the numbers, and be sure you have the @{YOUR CHAR NAME|classactioncustom1skill} at the end of your macro. {{Save=DC [[YOUR DC]] DEX}} {{Damage=[[INSERT DAMAGE DIE]] bludgeoning}} {{Save success=Target takes half damage and is not pulled or prone}}
Warren said: What would be the code for a saving throw? I have tried {{savethrow}}, {{savingdc}}, {{savingthrow}} but I got nothing :P You will want to use these {{spellshowsavethrow=1}} {{spellsavedc=Save DC}} {{spellsavestat=DEX}} {{spellsavesuccess=Half damage}} I made up a templates template macro with all, well most of the template coded snippets, I use it for reference. You can add any of the spell stuff to any macro. &{template:5eDefault} {{save=1}} {{title=Name of Card}}{{subheader=Who is Using Card}} {{subheaderright=Type of Action}} {{subheader2=extra header}} {{subheaderright2=right side extra header}} {{emote=SPECIAL TEXT}} {{freetextname=Header in card}} {{freetext=(Body of card) spell=purple; weapon=green; save=red, skill=light grey; ability=teal; deathsave=dark brown; npcaction=grey with Desc. and Effect; @PC Macros|classactioncustom1skill adds everything as extra lines }} {{npc_action_description=Description of thing}} {{npc_action_effect=Effect of Thing}} {{attack=attack roll}} {{damage= damage roll}} {{spellshowattack=1}} {{spellattack= Spell attack roll}} {{spellshowdamage=1}} {{spelldamage= spell damage}} {{spellshowsavethrow=1}} {{spellsavedc=Save DC}} {{spellsavestat=DEX}} {{spellsavesuccess=Half damage}} {{spellshoweffects=1}} {{spelleffect= effects of spell}} {{spellshowdesc=1}} {{spelldescription= Descr of spell}}
Ed S. said: &{template:5eDefault} {{save=1}} {{title=Name of Card}}{{subheader=Who is Using Card}} {{subheaderright=Type of Action}} {{subheader2=extra header}} {{subheaderright2=right side extra header}} {{emote=SPECIAL TEXT}} {{freetextname=Header in card}} {{freetext=(Body of card) spell=purple; weapon=green; save=red, skill=light grey; ability=teal; deathsave=dark brown; npcaction=grey with Desc. and Effect; @PC Macros|classactioncustom1skill adds everything as extra lines }} {{npc_action_description=Description of thing}} {{npc_action_effect=Effect of Thing}} {{attack=attack roll}} {{damage= damage roll}} {{spellshowattack=1}} {{spellattack= Spell attack roll}} {{spellshowdamage=1}} {{spelldamage= spell damage}} {{spellshowsavethrow=1}} {{spellsavedc=Save DC}} {{spellsavestat=DEX}} {{spellsavesuccess=Half damage}} {{spellshoweffects=1}} {{spelleffect= effects of spell}} {{spellshowdesc=1}} {{spelldescription= Descr of spell}} Ed, that's awesome! I quoted you over at the other thread I made about manipulating the 5E template for macros here to share it with everyone: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2101003/5e-template-for-macros-how-to-manipulate-it/#post-2102757" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2101003/5e-template-for-macros-how-to-manipulate-it/#post-2102757</a>
&{template:5eDefault} {{save=1}} {{title=Name of Card}}{{subheader=Who is Using Card}} {{subheaderright=Type of Action}} {{subheader2=extra header}} {{subheaderright2=right side extra header}} {{emote=SPECIAL TEXT}} {{freetextname=Header in card}} {{freetext=(Body of card) spell=purple; weapon=green; save=red, skill=light grey; ability=teal; deathsave=dark brown; npcaction=grey with Desc. and Effect; @PC Macros|classactioncustom1skill adds everything as extra lines }} {{npc_action_description=Description of thing}} {{npc_action_effect=Effect of Thing}} {{attack=attack roll}} {{damage= damage roll}} {{spellshowattack=1}} {{spellattack= Spell attack roll}} {{spellshowdamage=1}} {{spelldamage= spell damage}} {{spellshowsavethrow=1}} {{spellsavedc=Save DC}} {{spellsavestat=DEX}} {{spellsavesuccess=Half damage}} {{spellshoweffects=1}} {{spelleffect= effects of spell}} {{spellshowdesc=1}} {{spelldescription= Descr of spell}} This is awesome.
Here is a fun one I figured out &{template:5eDefault} {{title=Ability Scores}} {{npccorestats=1}} {{ability=1}}{{subheader=@{Selected|character_name}}} {{emote= Looking at the character sheet}} {{npc_strength=[[@{selected|strength}]] }} {{npc_strength_mod=[[@{selected|strength_mod}]]}} {{npc_dexterity=[[@{selected|dexterity}]]}} {{npc_dexterity_mod= [[@{selected|dexterity_mod}]]}} {{npc_constitution=[[@{selected|constitution}]]}} {{npc_constitution_mod=[[@{selected|constitution_mod}]]}} {{npc_intelligence=[[@{selected|intelligence}]]}} {{npc_intelligence_mod=[[@{selected|intelligence_mod}]]}} {{npc_wisdom=[[@{selected|wisdom}]]}} {{npc_wisdom_mod=[[@{selected|wisdom_mod}]]}} {{npc_charisma=[[@{selected|charisma}]]}} {{npc_charisma_mod=[[@{selected|charisma_mod}]]}} @{Selected|npc_output_option}
Ed S. said: Here is a fun one I figured out &{template:5eDefault} {{title=Ability Scores}} {{npccorestats=1}} {{ability=1}}{{subheader=@{Selected|character_name}}} {{emote= Looking at the character sheet}} {{npc_strength=[[@{selected|strength}]] }} {{npc_strength_mod=[[@{selected|strength_mod}]]}} {{npc_dexterity=[[@{selected|dexterity}]]}} {{npc_dexterity_mod= [[@{selected|dexterity_mod}]]}} {{npc_constitution=[[@{selected|constitution}]]}} {{npc_constitution_mod=[[@{selected|constitution_mod}]]}} {{npc_intelligence=[[@{selected|intelligence}]]}} {{npc_intelligence_mod=[[@{selected|intelligence_mod}]]}} {{npc_wisdom=[[@{selected|wisdom}]]}} {{npc_wisdom_mod=[[@{selected|wisdom_mod}]]}} {{npc_charisma=[[@{selected|charisma}]]}} {{npc_charisma_mod=[[@{selected|charisma_mod}]]}} @{Selected|npc_output_option} Nice! That's really cool actually! xD I love the three column setup, that's pretty darn sweet. I'd probably put the character's name in the title and "Ability Scores" in the subheader though, just my own personal preference. Also, I don't think @{selected|npc_output_option} is necessary, and you could set it as a whisper to gm if you want to keep it private to yourself.
I have a separate one just for my NPCs that I whisper to myself. I believe the {{npccorestats=1}} is what gives it the three columns and I'm not sure if it would work without the @{selected|npc_output_option}, but experiment yourself and see.
Ed S. said: I have a separate one just for my NPCs that I whisper to myself. I believe the {{npccorestats=1}} is what gives it the three columns and I'm not sure if it would work without the @{selected|npc_output_option}, but experiment yourself and see. Yup, it looks like it works without the @{selected|npc_output_option), as it would only change whether or not it was whispered to the GM. As for manipulability, it doesn't seem like it does outside of modfying the STR and the modifier, but that's still a pretty neat trick.
Wow, I should have just checked back here :( I went searching on reddit and found a list like the one stated above. Helped me a lot. Thanks for the help! <a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/Roll20/comments/2zx7a1/dd" rel="nofollow">https://www.reddit.com/r/Roll20/comments/2zx7a1/dd</a>...
Warren said: Wow, I should have just checked back here :( I went searching on reddit and found a list like the one stated above. Helped me a lot. Thanks for the help! <a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/Roll20/comments/2zx7a1/dd" rel="nofollow">https://www.reddit.com/r/Roll20/comments/2zx7a1/dd</a>... xD Nice Warren! Thanks for the link! It's slightly outdated with minor things, like I mentioned over in my other thread, but most of it looks pretty sweet! Just note that the shaped 5E sheet and the original one are slightly different in their fields, so it may cause complications for ex. {{weapon}} and {{attack_roll}}. Just a heads up.
I tried that lovely abilities macro and had some strange output (strange output seems to be my middle name). Starting with the 3rd row (intelligence), the square brackets start appearing in the mod column. If I take out the square brackets in the macro, they disappear. Here is a capture of what I see. Note that I took out @selected from the code. &{template:5eDefault} {{title=Ability Scores}} {{npccorestats=1}} {{ability=1}}{{subheader=@{character_name}}} {{emote= Looking at the character sheet}} {{npc_strength=[[@{strength}]] }} {{npc_strength_mod=[[@{strength_mod}]]}} {{npc_dexterity=[[@{dexterity}]]}} {{npc_dexterity_mod= [[@{dexterity_mod}]]}} {{npc_constitution=[[@{constitution}]]}} {{npc_constitution_mod=[[@{constitution_mod}]]}} {{npc_intelligence=[[@{intelligence}]]}} {{npc_intelligence_mod=[[@{intelligence_mod}]]}} {{npc_wisdom=[[@{wisdom}]]}} {{npc_wisdom_mod=[[@{wisdom_mod}]]}} {{npc_charisma=[[@{charisma}]]}} {{npc_charisma_mod=[[@{charisma_mod}]]}} And if I take out square brackets from intelligence via &{template:5eDefault} {{title=Ability Scores}} {{npccorestats=1}} {{ability=1}}{{subheader=@{character_name}}} {{emote= Looking at the character sheet}} {{npc_strength=[[@{strength}]] }} {{npc_strength_mod=[[@{strength_mod}]]}} {{npc_dexterity=[[@{dexterity}]]}} {{npc_dexterity_mod= [[@{dexterity_mod}]]}} {{npc_constitution=[[@{constitution}]]}} {{npc_constitution_mod=[[@{constitution_mod}]]}} {{npc_intelligence=[[@{intelligence}]]}} {{npc_intelligence_mod=@{intelligence_mod}}} {{npc_wisdom=[[@{wisdom}]]}} {{npc_wisdom_mod=[[@{wisdom_mod}]]}} {{npc_charisma=[[@{charisma}]]}} {{npc_charisma_mod=[[@{charisma_mod}]]}} Ideas on why this would be? H
How are the @{charisma_mod} attributes entered in the sheet? Does the attribute itself also have a set of [[ ]] ?

Edited 1435176958
Mark G. said: How are the @{charisma_mod} attributes entered in the sheet? Does the attribute itself also have a set of [[ ]] ? @{Player Name|charisma_mod}. Alternatively, you can use @{selected|charisma_mod} or @{target|charisma_mod}. And you put the square brackets on the outside, ex. [[@{selected|charisma_mod}]] EDIT: Oopes, slight mistake? Thought you were asking how to do inline rolls and grab attributes from characters. xD
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I mean to ask what is the current value of that attribute. Sometimes folks accidentally store the value including brackets and end up with an extra set when the value gets resolved.

Edited 1435392636
All of the following work without API! &{template:pf_attack} {{[Cure Light Wounds](<a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cure-light-wounds" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cure-light-wounds</a>) [Cure](<a href="http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Julix91/heal-hand.png)=@{name}" rel="nofollow">http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Julix91/heal-hand.png)=@{name}</a> for [[1d8+[[@{Nigel Inork|class-0-level}-(@{Nigel Inork|class-0-level}-5)*[[(floor(1/(floor(@{Nigel Inork|class-0-level}/5)+1))-1)*(floor(1/(floor(@{Nigel Inork|class-0-level}/5)+1))-1)]]]]+2]]! (additional +2 if cast on self)}} The +2 is due to the Fey Foundling feat that adds +2 per die healed. I never bothered updating it to calculate automatically (since I'm still healing 1d8), but actually that would make for a more elegant solution! I'll edit that in. The reason I share this is because my group was quite surprised when I used it the first time, so I think it counts as a good macro despite the simplicity of it. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- /me weiß sich zu verteidigen! &{template:pf_attack} {{name=Verteidigung}} {{character_name=@{Nigel Inork|character_name}}} {{character_id=@{Nigel Inork|character_id}}} {{[[@{Nigel Inork|AC}]] AC=***Saving throws***}} {{[[@{Nigel Inork|Touch}]] Touch= Fortitude [[1d20+@{Nigel Inork|Fort}]] }}{{[[@{Nigel Inork|Flat-Footed}]] Flat = Reflexes [[1d20+@{Nigel Inork|Ref}]]}} {{[[@{Nigel Inork|CMD}]] CMD = Willpower [[1d20+@{Nigel Inork|Will}]]}} /w Julix Remember to use Adaptable Luck for +1 on save after roll, but before result reveal. /w gm -2 CMD vs [*dirty tricks*](<a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Dirty-Trick" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Dirty-Trick</a>), and -2 AC vs improv. weapons and -2 on saves vs poisons, disease, illusions, as well as [*Sp and Su*](<a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Spell-Like-Abilities-Sp-" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Spell-Like-Abilities-Sp-</a>) of ferries.+2 saves vs death effects, and fear. Und der Hund erst recht! &{template:pf_attack} {{name=Verteidigung}} {{character_name=@{Rags|character_name}}} {{character_id=@{Rags|character_id}}} {{[[@{Rags|AC}]] AC=***Saving Throws***}} {{[[@{Rags|Touch}]] Touch= Fortitude [[1d20+@{Rags|Fort}]] }}{{[[@{Rags|Flat-Footed}]] Flat = Reflexes [[1d20+@{Rags|Ref}]]}} {{[[@{Rags|CMD}]] CMD = Willpower [[1d20+@{Rags|Will}]]}} /w Julix Remember four legged (+4 vs trip). That gets AC and all the saves with a single click looking like this: this reminds me of all my modifiers etc that rarely come up. The same thing without the notes has become the default for the other characters in my game as well. It's very dense but clear - and without use of API (so I didn't have to bug my GM to change anything). ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=Rags}} {{character_id=Rags}}} {{name=[Dog](<a href="http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Julix91/hound-right.png" rel="nofollow">http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Julix91/hound-right.png</a>)}} {{attack=[[1d20cs&gt;20 + 3]]}} {{damage=[[1d6 + 3}} {{crit_confirm=[[1d20 + 3]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[1d6 + 3]]}} {{type=piercing}} {{description=[[1d20+@{CMB}]] trip vs CMD (on successful bite)}} This last one also had good surprise value since at least one of them kept thinking of the dog as so cute. Obviously using pictures in chat isn't nearly as cool as for tokens etc. - but it can still elicit emotions if used well. Obviously a bic picture like this bloats a little, but I feel the effect is worth it, at least the first time of the fight. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=@{name}}} {{attack=[[1d20cs&gt;[[@{crit-target}]] + [[@{total-attack}]]]] }} {{damage=[[@{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[@{total-damage}]]]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[1d20 + [[@{total-attack}]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[[[(@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1))]]d@{damage-die} + [[(@{total-damage} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1))]] ]]}} {{description=@{notes}}} {{[weapon](<a href="http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Julix91/aspergillum-across.png)=**Type**" rel="nofollow">http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Julix91/aspergillum-across.png)=**Type**</a> @{type}}} This really doesn't take up all that much space... Especially if you consider just recently many of us still had the pointless crit confirmation rolls (i.e. those that didn't threaten in the first place) and the "if it does crit, here's how much damage it'll make" kind of lines.
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1747672/post-you" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1747672/post-you</a>... fx[Name] /fx burn /fx fireball /fx fire /fx dragonbreath But did you know if you put multiple in they happen together, and if you put a load of the in they happen slower/longer duration? However - that's still only making it last for a full second or two --- is there a way to delay the sending of the next message such that it continues longer? Any ideas?
Julix, that is really, REALLY cool. xD I was wondering what would happen when pictures would be put into the macro, it looks like ya solved it for me. xP I'll definitely try it out, thanks! ---------------- Actually Julix, I think about the multiple fx, it's Roll20 lagging/slowing down from all the commands. xD A delay command would actually be super super useful, maybe we could suggest it to the devgroup.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
+1 For the PF macros Julix! I like how you inserted the images as well. The roll templates for the PF sheet are very "sterile", but you have shown how they can be taken to the next level. Curious, have you modified the sheet/roll templates or are you using the community sheet?
is there a way for a part of a macro to only trigger when a 1 is given on a querie? for instance, i put a querie in my attack macro asking if it's a charge, if yes add +2 etc etc. but can that querie trigger another line in the macro? i need to make an acrobatics check on a charge, building that into my existing macro would be awsome
So do you have to use these macros with a character sheet? I dont use them but i like the pics in the chat window and i really hate the purple color for the background window! Black and grey would have been a better choice! I still don't know why you can't use the players selected color for their background as well? It's like trying to reinvent the wheel everytime you do something!
Also can you post some macros that all us non API users can actually use? Seems like everything posted and made for roll 20 is geared for the API user! I hate that!
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Brian A., roll templates can be used by non-mentors and do not involve any API.