Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Past suggestions

After some times on the forum, it appears that some suggestions are slowly drowning to resurface again later, when someone new suggests them again. The problem is that you never know if a suggestion has been taken into account (or even read) by the devs (even to decide that it had no interest). And then, we all wait until someone new makes the same suggestion again. Of course, we could always bump the thread, hoping to receive an answer, but that would quickly become boring. Wouldn't it be a good idea if someone from the dev team could close as much of the threads with the suggestions as possible, after giving the view of the devs team on the suggestion? It doesn't mean that it has to be positive. An answer with "not possible", "useless", "we are not interested" is also an answer. Or even "we are still unsure on that one" or "not now, but...". That doesn't even mean that the devs can't change their opinion later. It would give the users a better view on, roughly, what to expect in the future, and when someone new would make the same suggestion again, it would be possible to direct him to the answer instead of having the same discussion again. I know that there is a roadmap thread, but it doesn't take into account most of the suggestions that have been made. Logically, it would mean that the suggestions that are not put on the roadmap are rejected. But it is not clear.
What I'd love to see is a feature request board with the freqs categorized into 'on the roadmap,' 'under consideration,' and 'outside the scope.' I wouldn't mind being able to watch a bug tracker too, honestly. However, I think that deeper look into the process is reserved for higher-level backers.
What I'd love to see is a feature request board with the freqs categorized into 'on the roadmap,' 'under consideration,' and 'outside the scope.' I wouldn't mind being able to watch a bug tracker too, honestly. However, I think that deeper look into the process is reserved for higher-level backers. Honestly, we haven't been doing as good of a job of this as we wanted to, even for higher-level backers. It's something we're actively trying to figure out a good solution for, though. Hopefully we'll have something to announce in the next few weeks.
Oh, it's cool - I haven't done anything close to as big as Roll20, but even my trivial projects have been a bear to maintain both bug tracking and feature stuff. So while I look forward to seeing more, I'm not upset with the info so far!