Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

150627 Zuggtmoy Goes Ethereal, Party Finds Hidden Treasure, & Thief Taking Gems From Throne Brings Demons Upon Party !!

Edited 1436722543
TWITCH STREAM Be sure to participate with the group each week LIVE! at <a href="http://www.twitch.tv/dm4hire" rel="nofollow">www.twitch.tv/dm4hire</a> every Saturday night at 6 PM until midnight. View this entire session here... <a href="http://www.twitch.tv/dm4hire/b/673228941" rel="nofollow">http://www.twitch.tv/dm4hire/b/673228941</a> Twitch.tv keeps each broadcast for one week only, so be sure to stay up-to-date while it is still available, and be sure to click the heart icon under the twitch screen to 'follow' the group and be alerted of each new session. Brief portions of these weekly sessions can also be found on Youtube with the same date code. FROM THE DM DESK Much to the dismay of the players, my fortuitous statement of the die rolls changing seem to have come true to some extent, with the priest making the comment "...the demon needs a crit to hit me..." finding himself the unlucky recipient of not one, but two, back to back natural 20 rolls! But the case could be made either way I suppose with him casting a dispel magic upon the demoness herself, defusing certain, shall we say "unmentionable" traits that, to the casual observer, may have precipitated her defensive move to depart the battle field and go ethereal. But the question now is, where is she? Where did she go? What is she doing? Kell speaks his mind to the group, and worries that she might just be gone momentarily (in ethereal time) to regroup and return with reinforcements, which might not fare well for the conclusion of this portion of the campaign. All I can say, is time will tell, so don't miss a single moment as things may just have started ramping up and could very well get real ugly, real quick! QUICK READ RECAP The party continues to use all their available resources to inflict damage upon Zuggtmoy the demoness of fungi, with Karmadel casting a dispel magic upon the entity successfully altering it's powers and forcing it to back away from the battle, climb to the ceiling in the back secret area, and then go ethereal as a defensive measure, obviously impeded to a significant degree! The party regroups and takes the moment to quickly explore the temple, accidentally setting off an acid slime trap from touching one of four mysterious, dusty stones found in a niche. Leaxle, using his bow, moves the stones from the niche which opens a secret panel revealing numerous, of unknown magical items. Later, Leaxle the thief decides to remove three of the highest value gems from the jewel encrusted throne only to inadvertently summon three demons that attack him instantly from behind, knocking him unconscious upon the dias! The adventurers engage the evil minions learning that they can be hit with normal weapons as longs as the make contact with an armor class of -3 or better! Karmadel quickly aids the fallen thief keeping him from slipping into his impending doom! DM SESSION LOG 150627 Spells memorized. Tralann: 1: Hypnotism, Magic Missile*, Wall of Fog, Color Spray, 2: Web, Invisibility, 3: Fireball Argo: 1st lvl: Magic Missile* x2, Chromatic Orb, Burning Hands, 2nd lvl: Irritation, Blur, 3rd lvl: Protection From Evil, 10' Radius* Karmadel: 1st lvl spells = Detect Magic x1 / Bless* x2 / and Cure Light Wounds x2, 2nd lvl spells = Cure Serious Wounds* x2 / Hear Heartbeat x2/ and Heat Metal x1 and 3rd lvl spells = Prayer x1 and Dispel Magic x1 my at will abilities 10' wide 60' long is Detect Evil and Detect Undead Kyra: 1st Bless. 4xCLW, 2nd 6x CMW, 3rd Prayer*, Dispel Magic, Repair Injury Shenjo: Spells Memerized: Detect Magic*, Enlarge, Blur 4th round of combat. Shenjo casts enlarge on himself 1.6% greater damage. Leaxle backs out of combat. Argo casts irritation on Zuggtmoy, she rolls 87 not resisting the spell and fails save (can't cast spell for the 1st round). Karmadel casts dispel magic on Zuggtmoy cancelling stinking cloud, irritation and three other unknown abilities. Zuggtmoy backs up into the rear secret area beyond the previously pulled down curtain and moves south out of sight. Bjorn enters into the secret area, sees the demoness suspended from the ceiling and tosses a flask of holy water at her but it passes right through, smashing on the ceiling...recognizing that she is passing into the ethereal realm! He shares this information with the group. Kell surmises she went to lick her wounds and come back with more help. Balfon asks about some events being possible illusions. Tralaan senses a secret area on the west wall behind throne and opens a small recess 2' deep by 10' long and 4' tall are four dusty stones, not semi-precious. Karmadel cleans off the dust on stone 4, green slime suddenly sprays out from the niche, covering Argo, his cat familiar and Shenjo. Tralaan uses herbalism to ID the goop as a basic contact poison. Kell helps Karmadel clean up. Kyra converts spell to create water. Kyra casts create water, and all affected characters immediately clean themselves, before the acid damage takes affect! Leaxle examines throne arm for controls and finds none. Karmadel uses trap wand to show all four stones are trapped. Everyone moves out of the way and Leaxle uses his bow to knock all four stones out. A secret door slides up behind the shelf revealing In an additional hidden, secret niche: a wand, rod, ring, metal cube, a scroll case, and box. Leaxle fails a find/remove trap on the box. Shenjo opens the box....nothing happens, revealling 8 poitions. Kell and Aaron standby. Party members don't find any secrets around the throne. Karmadel uses wand of trap/secret detection (13 left) finding nothing. Karmadel searches for secret doors in temple finding none. Leaxle prys three of the highest value gems from the throne. 3 demons appear behind him instantly and they all attack, the first causing 9 hp of damage, then 14, and finally 9, knocking him unconscious! Demon attacks Kyra for 7. Demon hits Aaron for 3. Argo looks like he's vibrating after casting blur on self. Kyra withdraws (to stabilize Leaxle next round). Balfon attacks the demon that hit Kyra but the crossbow bolt misses. Bjorn swings with his halberd hitting AC -2 but misses. Tralaan casts color spray on the demon fighting Bjorn but it is resisted. Karmadel casts cure serious wounds on Leaxle for 8 hp of health...reviving him before dying! Aaron hits AC -4 for 11 hp of damage wounding the first one! Kell hits AC -4 for 11 hp of damage wounding the second one! Serandon shoots composite long bow hitting AC -7 for 12 hp of damage with the first +2 sheaf arrow, and missing on the second. Shenjo hits AC -3 for 10 hp of damage wounding the third one! Argo fires 3 magic missiles but the demon resists. Karmadel makes a shield rush on same for 10 hp of damage. Kell takes 5 hp of damage from the same. Demon hits Karmadel with two critical hits , penetrating his AC -6 for 12 hp of damage! Karmadel is shocked at this bad turn of events! Seradon shoot bow between players and hits AC -4 for 9 hp of damage. Bjorn hits and second attack for 30 hp of damage! Tralaan throws a vial of holy water for 8 hp of damage on the demon and 3 hp of half fire damage to players nearby. Party lump sum XP with all aspects considered (including but not limited to) session survival, skill usage, role-playing, alignment checks, etc: 4025 Karmadel, Priest/Bjorn (Christopher S.): 575 Argo Mage/Leaxle (Paul W.): 575 Tralann (Shalvenay K) Elf, Half: 575 Kell/Aaron (Robert D.) Human: 575 Shenjo (Craig F.) Gray Elf: 575 Balfon (Skyhawk) Dwarf: 575 Serandon (Charles W.): High Elf: 575 SESSION LENGTH: 6-1/2 Hours

Edited 1435837258
NEWSFLASH! The Saltmarsh council has given the party the abandoned home to use as they see fit, as well as bestowing honorary citizen status upon each member. Good job !
NOTICE: Due to the 4th of July holiday next Saturday, the game will tentatively be cancelled, as I will probably not have internet connection during my working vacation. FYI:

Edited 1435513925
I want to apologize. There was a storm here last night and the power went out again. It didn't come on until late in the evening. I am really tired of this and have expressed my dismay to the power company.
Charles i can come install a generator on your house will only cost about 7 grand :p
I've been lucky this year so far *knock on wood* Typically spring into summer is when this area gets tons of thunderstorms and tornado warnings... which means power outages. The last storm went through on Friday -- so Saturday was great for game night. Now, if only I could keep all storms for the week instead of the weekend... I might have to talk to that wizard in that tower in Hommlet.
I am a licensed electrician i'm more than willing to give free advice for those that want to ask or need advice

Edited 1435654195
homemade generator...
THE Dungeon Master said: NOTICE: Due to the 4th of July holiday next Saturday, the game will tentatively be cancelled, as I will probably not have internet connection during my working vacation. FYI: i personally feel we should just cancel. those of us that have children will be busy, DM will be working/vacationing. a week off wont hurt, especially if a planned one. on that note, we seem to have found an xp generator lol. as Argo, i would suggest a tactical retreat after this newest battle. if the threat has been here, it can wait until we are better prepared, and rested up. just a personal thought; this may be more than we can handle at this point in our careers.

Edited 1435606957
^^^ regarding the 4th. ^^^ regarding tactical retreat. Z said, you will never get my treasure. What if every one of those 663 remaining stones is triggered to port in more of these shambling critters -- or worse -- AND allows Z to sit back, recover and then come out after we are beaten low and our armor / weapons are past need for repair and potions, spells and holy grenades are depleted. If nothing more, we retreat, replenish and come back with a real plan and better weapons/spells to be used against the situation. Or polymorph the war cow into a war dragon and let loose with a few good fire blasts to clear out the mold and most of the critters. Although for my INT / WIS, it would be more like -- I do not want to die...

Edited 1435610393
thats what im saying. i feel retreat and prepare would be a better option. this has become way more than a 1 shot :/
Temple of elemental fungal :p so much for the one shotter :p

Edited 1435654371
I played in a similar game to this one. [DM edited spoilers] Those gemstones are bad news if I were you I'd polymorph that throne into pile of dung and get the hell out of dodge. Cuz nothing good could come out of those gemstones. In the other game, that I played in, whomever we traded or sold the gemstones to, had a demon knocking on their door.... Which turned our reputation to shit faster than you could say "Bealzibub!!!"
I recommend a tactical nuclear strike from a safe distance on said throne. I wanted to tell you all that I have a new job with Amazon.com . I will be a customer service rep working from my home. $10/hr and I don't have to leave. I will be training for a couple weeks and then I will be working on Saturday's. That means a late arrival for me to the game if that is ok. I should be at the next one after July 4th.
Congrats Charles. Now about an Amazon discount on a set of plate armor...
congratz on that Charles, wish i could find something like that, being disabled and unemployed sucks balls.

Edited 1436722657
Hey guys, this demon that escaped said we'll never find it's treasure. What if this treasure "if" real has something to do with the throne, the 3 pillars , or both, or get rid of all this mossy sludge that could be hiding clues, or covering up any secret passage ways that would make it hard for the elf's and dwarfs in seeing it. These might be a thing we could look at after we kill these 3 beasts.
Those 3 'beasts' appeared when our resident thief pried 3 stones off that throne. I suspect the throne may be her/it's treasure and getting all 666 gems off means battling AT LEAST 666 beasties. And all the time we spend doing that, the demoness has time to heal, call on more support 'troops' and come back at us hard and heavy. Yes, to 'best clean out the bad dudes' we should consider a major fireball session to clear all the mold/slime out and then have the local cleric join with ours to do whatever clerical thing they do to expel evil and re-sanctify the temple. But.. first. we have to survive those initial 3 beasties.
Our best bet would be to leave as is. No reason to stay

Edited 1436563381
Plus we have what no one has ever found before (according to the DM's God like rumblings when it happened.) We can play with the metal cube -- as long as it doesn't summon a creature like Pinhead (Hellraiser series)!!!!!
Hey folks, I cannot be there tonight my wife is sick and I need to take care of her. We both have been ooky for a couple days.
It just doesn't make sense to be wasting more time burning moss and shit, trying to find some door that doesn't exist. Nor does it make any survival sense to go ahead an pry off every single one of these gems even tho its a good xp generator.
CRAIG F. said: It just doesn't make sense to be wasting more time burning moss and shit, trying to find some door that doesn't exist. Nor does it make any survival sense to go ahead an pry off every single one of these gems even tho its a good xp generator. totally agreed, we are having a hard enough time with these ones. cut and run, its not a bad thing to do sometimes.
The longer we stay around and the more time we kick up here dealing with this the more we're being wittered down and less able to put up a good fight.

Edited 1436653329
DM just posted in Skype, his flight has been delayed, postpone till next week, idk how or where in twitch to put it but he asked to put it here and there

Edited 1436654171
Flight delayed, bad weather in illinois. I dont think I'll be able to make in time, so lets postpone tonights session until next week. I have to go into airplane mode so please post this in both the twitch and roll20 forums so folks know. Thank you. our DM asked me to post this.
Thanks for the update. Sorry for the delay. Will look forward to next weekend.

Edited 1436723058
6 flights later after some serious logistical coordination, I managed to make it back in one piece...a little scratched up but in find shape none-the-less. All that sun and fresh air really did me in, I ended up sleeping for 11 hours. I guess I was a little tired ! :) Probably a good thing we didn't try last night's session, otherwise it probably would've not worked out too well for any of us. See you all next Saturday ! I posted some pics in skype of the construction project.
Hey folks, I will be there on time this week. Are we still on?

Edited 1437243105
far as i know, been a long vacation lol. hoping we got some more folks to play our NPCs or PCs of their own after a 2 week hiatus
I can not make it tonight. Family Emergancy. I'll see you guys next week.
hope everythings ok man
Yea sorry, Was in the ER most of the Night Brother had a severe reaction to some medication. Sorry i couldn't make it.
Is he OK? That is dangerous.
Yea he's fine. just took for ever to get through the ER.