Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5E- DM looking for players

Hi, I'm a DM new to Roll20 and looking for some players to play with on most days, I'm flexible on days/times. I've also played some Rifts too if that sounds interesting. I have my own D&D world that I've used for some time and such. I'm looking also looking for some help/guidance on D&D 5E since I'm new to this edition. Thanks.
WoW, I haven't played Rifts in about 20 years! Would be interested in a game! Would have to find my books, though. Hit me up if you start a game. I can help with 5e also. My availability is somewhat limited, mostly evenings during the week or day time on weekends, CST.
I could play tomorrow night eastern
I would love to play in this just let me know a date and time
I'd be interested in playing. I really can't play any time before 10pm EST though unless it was during the day on the weekends
Id be happy to join you when you have an idea of when your game will be. Very knowledgeable of the 5e system and just love to play. Have a rogue a cleric or a paladin I have sheets for and of course can make any character you would need.
Any night except Wednesday after 9pm CDT works for me! :-)
I'm down to play and any time works for me just send me a message or something. I'm also new to 5e but i've been looking over it and with my 3.5 experience I think it would be easy to pick up on (Hope I'm not wrong lol) I've never played Rifts but after a quick google search it sounds like it could be fun! That said i tend to like playing my characters a little closer to the "Dark side" being the perfect good guy gets so boring after awhile. And yes a evil alignment can fit into a good campagin if the player is willing to be flexible on how evil he is
Hey guys, certainly like the interest I'm seeing. I'm down for a session tonight (Friday), maybe a kind of startup/brainstorming/meet&greet or if we even get going playing its fine with me. Next time I have available after today is Sunday, 7/5. I have the core rulebooks of D&D 5E like the Players Manual, DM Guide, and Monsters Manual. What do you guys think, maybe around 5 or 6pm pacific time? I can go earlier or later, just let me know who could attend. Thx.
The campaign world you would be playing in is called Kiath and its most similar to Forgotten Realms as a fantasy setting. I am pretty open as far as what chars you can play as and also welcome any suggestions for how the game should go. The most people I have DMed at one time is like 4, so hopefully it wouldn't get too confusing after that lol. I don't currently have a webcam but have a headset that should work.
Rudy T. said: The campaign world you would be playing in is called Kiath and its most similar to Forgotten Realms as a fantasy setting. I am pretty open as far as what chars you can play as and also welcome any suggestions for how the game should go. The most people I have DMed at one time is like 4, so hopefully it wouldn't get too confusing after that lol. I don't currently have a webcam but have a headset that should work. Well, I could play starting at 7 PST. I'd also be ok with joining late if everyone else wants to start before then (or if you have enough players, it's ok if you'd prefer I not be involved). I'm guessing from your message you don't have a strong feeling about how you want people to make their characters, but it'd be helpful to have just a couple guidelines. 1. Point-buy, rolling, or either? 2. Any race or alignment restrictions? 3. What level should the characters be? 4. If above 1, are we taking the standard HP per level or rolling it?
Brian B. said: Rudy T. said: The campaign world you would be playing in is called Kiath and its most similar to Forgotten Realms as a fantasy setting. I am pretty open as far as what chars you can play as and also welcome any suggestions for how the game should go. The most people I have DMed at one time is like 4, so hopefully it wouldn't get too confusing after that lol. I don't currently have a webcam but have a headset that should work. Well, I could play starting at 7 PST. I'd also be ok with joining late if everyone else wants to start before then (or if you have enough players, it's ok if you'd prefer I not be involved). I'm guessing from your message you don't have a strong feeling about how you want people to make their characters, but it'd be helpful to have just a couple guidelines. 1. Point-buy, rolling, or either? 2. Any race or alignment restrictions? 3. What level should the characters be? 4. If above 1, are we taking the standard HP per level or rolling it? Hey Brian, Point-buy or rolling is fine. Just the standard races in the Players Handbook are fine, if you want something outside of it just let me know and we can see what's realistic. Everyone will start at lvl 1, I am still looking at how chars are generated in 5E so as far as HP gain I will look into it. In the past I would have the player roll 2 dice for HP and they could just take the higher of the 2, same for stats, like 12 dice for the 6 stats, taking the higher of each pair. I don't want everyone to be gimped somehow, but then again 5E works differently, even low lvl chars can be quite formidable if played smart. You will see that I'm not that restrictive of a DM, everyone should have fun. I will of course place restrictions where necessary.
The campaign will be called "Kiath Campaign" and I just enabled it in the listings so hopefully it will be viewable soon.
Rudy T. said: Hey Brian, Point-buy or rolling is fine. Just the standard races in the Players Handbook are fine, if you want something outside of it just let me know and we can see what's realistic. Everyone will start at lvl 1, I am still looking at how chars are generated in 5E so as far as HP gain I will look into it. In the past I would have the player roll 2 dice for HP and they could just take the higher of the 2, same for stats, like 12 dice for the 6 stats, taking the higher of each pair. I don't want everyone to be gimped somehow, but then again 5E works differently, even low lvl chars can be quite formidable if played smart. You will see that I'm not that restrictive of a DM, everyone should have fun. I will of course place restrictions where necessary. Ah cool. Hopefully it works out that we can all play a bit tonight.
Brian B. said: Rudy T. said: Hey Brian, Point-buy or rolling is fine. Just the standard races in the Players Handbook are fine, if you want something outside of it just let me know and we can see what's realistic. Everyone will start at lvl 1, I am still looking at how chars are generated in 5E so as far as HP gain I will look into it. In the past I would have the player roll 2 dice for HP and they could just take the higher of the 2, same for stats, like 12 dice for the 6 stats, taking the higher of each pair. I don't want everyone to be gimped somehow, but then again 5E works differently, even low lvl chars can be quite formidable if played smart. You will see that I'm not that restrictive of a DM, everyone should have fun. I will of course place restrictions where necessary. Ah cool. Hopefully it works out that we can all play a bit tonight. Yeah 7pm PST is fine too, I'll try to be online around 6 and then whoever joins is welcome. I still need to figure out how to invite people to campaign, it says I need their email to put in.
I got your invite so I think as long as we post on your campaign page you can do it.
Is there any more room in this campaign?
Same. If you have some more space I'd like to join.

Edited 1435969784
Just a quick note, if you're rolling for stats the standard way is to roll 4d6 and drop the lowest die value. Example: You roll a 4, 5, 2, 4. Drop the 2 because it's the lowest value. 4+4+5=13 Do that 6 times and you've got your 6 scores. As a DM I tend to be nice and let my characters reroll a score if they have two that are at 9 or below. I was just confused when you said roll 2 die and take the higher value for you character.
I'd love to join a game however I'm very new and would possibly need someone to show me the ropes a bit. Don't want to slow down your game but if someone is willing to take the time to help me along and it wouldn't mess things up I'd love to play. Let me know, thanks.
Robert W. said: Just a quick note, if you're rolling for stats the standard way is to roll 4d6 and drop the lowest die value. Example: You roll a 4, 5, 2, 4. Drop the 2 because it's the lowest value. 4+4+5=13 Do that 6 times and you've got your 6 scores. As a DM I tend to be nice and let my characters reroll a score if they have two that are at 9 or below. I was just confused when you said roll 2 die and take the higher value for you character. Yea thats what I meant, sorry for the confusion.
Doing some reading and I think I'd like to play either a half-orc monk or a drow warlock. Not married to anything though and willing to play whatever. If you guys are full perhaps I could be kept in mind for future games? Thanks again.
hey, is this still open? i'd be into playing some 5e