Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Closing Journals Freezes Roll20

Hello! My friends and I are enjoying the fact that we can play Pathfinder on Roll20 since we lived far apart from one another. However, I have been coming across a problem that is really irritating and I seek some assistance. I am currently the GM of our very small group and I find that when I close a journal entry such as a character's sheet or bestiary entry my Roll20 will freeze for a couple of minutes. This is the only time I experience this freeze and I do not know why. I prefer not to GM with all the journals always open but it is starting to get to the point where that is my only current option. Does anyone have any suggestions they can offer to rectify this? Thank you very much in advance for any assistance you are able to give.
1436348483
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
That does sound very annoying! Before we dive into the guts of the issue, we're going to need you to do a few things for us, things that sometimes fix issues for users before more extensive troubleshooting is needed. Can you please follow Steps 1-3 of our Solving Technical Issues wiki page (temporarily disable all browser add-ons and extensions, temporarily pause your anti-virus, and try switching browsers (for Chrome/Firefox specific issues) ) to see if one of those components is causing the problem. If none of that resolves the issue, please complete Step 4 , so that we can have this information to further assist you.
Well this is very weird because I did the cache thing last night and it was still freezing. I just now turned off all my extensions and everything works just fine! I also turned them all back on and everything is still functioning so I still don't know what the culprit was but it is currently functioning the way it is suppose to! Thank you for the assistance!
1436389690
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Glad something was able to help! In case it happens again, and those steps don't fix it, I'll leave this open so you can report back at that time.