Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New AD&D 2E sheet needs some DM input for monster section/tab use.

I have created a custom character sheet for AD&D2E. I am doubtful it can be out onto the repository or made official because I have built into it a customized blind roll for blind template rolls for thieving skills to the DM. I will be hosting it in completed form on github eventually, so if you are Pro level, you could get the custom coding. Here is how it is laid out currently. Attributes correspond to the current 2E sheets, style is based on Octoba's 5E sheet: I am now onto the subject of a monster data section/tab and am curious as to what information other AD&D DMs feel they would require on a monster section? I am very open to suggestion, so please, feel free. Even share scans of monster sheets form your home game as reference if you like. I personally just copy and paste the Monster Manual entries into the bio and information section, but I know others may not want to use that approach. Thank you in advance, OldSchoolChris
Basically i woyld set it up like any entry in the monster manuals, all the standard frequency THACO and stuff , then because of Dragons and other magic using types a section to list there spells by level, and maybe any relevent magic items or treasure they might have
Tim W. said: Basically i would set it up like any entry in the monster manuals, all the standard frequency THACO and stuff , then because of Dragons and other magic using types a section to list there spells by level, and maybe any relevant magic items or treasure they might have Similiar to what is on the 2e sheets currently available?
i mean it could probably be tweaked a bit. the one now isnt optimal.. functional yes
since i know nothing about coding or placement its kinda hard to explain the visual context
Well, how about the functional context? What would you want to be able to do from the monster section? Some things I thought about are: roll-able saving throws damage bonuses (for instance, Bugbears get a +2 on damage due to strength.) roll-able morale attribute (I have one on my monster tokens but that's just me.) Hit-Dice section that can be roll-able that fills the HP attribute. I can use the code in the monster section of the current 2E and just place it in my monster section. I want it to do more than be a data holder.
yes the Saving throws is a Very good idea, and REALLY need the Rollable Hit dice and HP filler. i hate having to load my tokens by hand
If anyone is interested in coming into my testing game to check out the new sheet, just PM "I want to check out the new sheet" and I will send you a link. I have a sheet made available to all players
Added a second spell section. Now cleric and mage spells have separate tabs and spells books for roll template output to chat.
Fixed the inventory section so check marks for carried items is visible. Added a few changes to the look of the weapons output. Added weapon specialization modifications/tweaks. Fixed the secretive rogue skills that wouldnt show anything to the player, just the DM. Added a confirmation query. Added a WHO? querey to the pick pocket abiltiy, default is 'someone'
is this in the listed roll20 sheet. or not active on roll20
OldSchoolChris said: I have created a custom character sheet for AD&D2E. I am doubtful it can be out onto the repository or made official because I have built into it a customized blind roll for blind template rolls for thieving skills to the DM. I will be hosting it in completed form on github eventually, so if you are Pro level, you could get the custom coding. Not listed. I have a testing game set up for trial use and comments. PM if you want a link.
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Cool, I like using comeliness for physical appearance (adjusted based on charisma), could you add it as optional stat? 
Update: Fixed the saving throw output text. Thanks to Royce C for the heads up. Suggested additions I will be attempting to add into the core sheet: Comliness Psionics
OldSchoolChris said Psionics The revised rules, or the old/original rules? 
Chris said: OldSchoolChris said Psionics The revised rules, or the old/original rules?  Not sure on the difference, but what I was referred to was the Complete Psionist Handbook.
OldSchoolChris said: Update: Fixed the saving throw output text. Thanks to Royce C for the heads up. Suggested additions I will be attempting to add into the core sheet: Comliness Psionics Oh psionics, really? You want to open that can of worms? Nasty stuff for the GM.I am looking forward to a new sheet for 2E. I have tried letting my players use psionics a couple of times, it was a nightmare for me.
al e. said: Oh psionics, really? You want to open that can of worms? Thinking of adding to the sheet, not to my games :P
I use them as the dm its scary the hands of players at times.
OldSchoolChris said: Chris said: OldSchoolChris said Psionics The revised rules, or the old/original rules?  Not sure on the difference, but what I was referred to was the Complete Psionist Handbook. The revised rules were presented in Player's Options: Skills & Powers (and also the revised Dark Sun campaign materials). The mechanics were streamlined, changing psionics from a proficiency based system to something more closely resembling combat.  The descriptions from the Complete Handbook were kept, but how to roll and psp costs were changed.
Hmmm...then maybe neither. I don't use Skills and Powers and I don't use ANYTHING from Dark Sun, so I have no point of reference for either of those.
Last time I used psionics was 1E, which went fine.  I never used it in 2nd ed.
I never used Psionics BECAUSE of 1e.
This is a sample of what the Core Rules CD Program outputs for Psionicist character sheets: Psionics PSPs: 22 MTHAC0: 20 MAC: 6 Devotions: 3 Sciences: 1 Disciplines: 1 Attacks: Ego Whip (EW) Defenses: Mind Blank (MBk) Power PSPs Range Area of Effect MAC Telepathic (Primary) Sciences Mindlink 7+/3+ Unlimited Individual 8 Devotions Amnesia varies 200 yards Individual 9 Conceal Thoughts 4/2 0 3 yards 10 ESP 6+/3+ Unlimited Individual 6
Psionics are fine for Sci-fi..but in my campaign psionics is a definate no-go..i have had bad experiences as a player where the psionist basically dominated (no pun intended) the entire game..if a creature as psionic ability i either find a spell that mimics it or i don't use it at all
Same. Never did add them. New sheet coming down the pipes from Stephen. Mine isn't worth getting made public.
yeah. right now i am using the default sheet and we are having issues with some of the built in macros..would love to see a sheet that reflects the old school pen and paper sheets