Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help Please?

Hey y'all. I'm Haley. I'm brand spankin new to Roll20 and still pretty new to RPG stuffs. I started with a group of friends at my college last September and we met almost weekly. But they are basically disbanded now and I really liked playing. Anyone willing to help show me the ropes and possibly do a campaign? I'm not sure if it's possible but even to sit in on a campaign for a while so I may be able to get the hang of it. I have played D&D 5e (the weekly one) as well as a D&D and Pathfinder hybrid type thing that was a single night. Please and thank you ! :)
Hey, I put this on another forum you were in but I might as well tell you here as well lol I'm running a 5e game of lost mines of phandelver. two of the players are new and I am helping both make their characters tomorrow. We plan to jump into a homebrewed game after lost mines. Both myself and a friend in the game are in college with classes starting at the end of the month so at first glace youd fit in well with the group. I normally run a skype interview with new players to make sure they would fit in with the group.&nbsp; If your interested or have questions feel free to private message me or check out the link here --&gt; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/26449/lost-mine" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/26449/lost-mine</a>... Have a good one :)
HaleyBee, Welcome to roll20. The community is worldwide, so it helps those who are recruiting to get a sense of what time zone you are in, and what times within that timezone. or something like Friday Afternoons after 5 PM EDT, etc. I have a 5th Edition Arabic cultural flavor campaign One Shot set up as a part of a Narrative style gritty healing / resting series that is mostly intrigue / puzzle / skill challenges / roleplaying that will go for one session This Wednesday at 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. EDT. 5th edition rules, I have one female player signed up, and a guy I've ran in a prior one shot. Looking for about 2 or 3 more players for this. Pregenerated characters are available for this. In any case, welcome. 5e is pretty popular.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
HaleyBee, To get kicked off right, I'd suggest watching one or both of the introductory video series: 1) If you're absolutely brand new to RPGs and want to know the general idea of how they are played, which game to choose and then find a group of fellow gamers: Check out our Introduction to Tabletop RPGs series . 2) If you want to get a understanding of how Roll20 can be used: Check out our Roll20 Crash Course . This is a step-by-step overview for creating your very first Roll20 game . This tutorial uses the Pathfinder RPG to frame itself, but it's not a system specific tutorial and you should be able to follow along without knowing one single thing about Pathfinder. Starting your own test game to play with the controls is an excellent way of getting used to the software, and you really can't break anything I promise! Secondly, check out the Looking For Group Tool and Looking for Group Forum daily for games that may be of interest to you. Thirdly, be sure to completely fill out your User Profile . Your Bio is where you have a chance to catch a GM's eye with a well-written statement about yourself Enjoys Playing is important for two reasons: Every entry you put here is a data-point for the The Orr Group Industry Report of games being played, and it lets other people looking at your profile know a bit more about you Actively Seeks Group For is where you can add yourself to the Player Directory for systems you want to play Feel free to ask any questions you have about Roll20 and post in the various forums on their particular topics (Don't stress about putting topics in the right sub-forums, we mods really don't mind moving topics when needed!) Happy gaming!