Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dungeons 'n Disourse Unofficial: DM seeks players for Sunday evening

Edited 1439695026
I am developing a game based on the Dungeons & Discorse (purposeful misspellings) comics: basically it's a D&D clone with philosophy replacing combat. So far it has gone through playtests from a design guild, but it needs some play in a more relaxed setting from enthusiastic players. The  player's manual is mostly complete, but I don't expect you to even skim it -- I will provide pregens and an in-game summary of the rules. One of the design goals is compatibility with old-school D&D crawls -- as such we will play through such a crawl. The fun of puzzles and perils is pre-published -- the only change is that you must exchange your sword for your philosophical wit. Are you up for the challenge? The tentative time is Sunday 6pm EST, but is subject to change based on player availability, so post or PM if you're interested. We'll run on Roll20 -- face-to-face video is required. (If you're not available but still want to help out or be notified for future playtests, please don't hesitate to message me and/or check out the  spreadsheet for public edits .)
Oops, I screwed up permissions on the Handbook on first posting. It's now open for viewing -- please leave or PM feedback if you give it a perusal. And to clarify, this is intended as a one-shot game lasting about 2 hours. Also, you may create your own character if you like.