Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[ Ruler ] Scales Should have a "Custom Units Option"

The Scale system is probably one of my faviroute things about this system (We have all felt the pain of having to have a measuring tabe on standby for players wanting exact numbers in real life, and having that tool at the touch of a button is so stress melting it is unreal.  However I feel a lot of potential with the scaling system is lost due to the lack of editability of the numbers.  For example, on map screens  Being able to edit the units to "days" could be very convenient those who would rather have a straight forward answer to "how long will it take us to get there" rather than having to work out the time taken via the distance from their destination. Also, for turn based (And in turn action point based) games, being able to edit the units into how many action points it would take to move that far ect ect. I am not an expert at designing an engine like this (I mean Roll 20 is literally a god damn masterpiece if you do not mind me saying so) however, I am sure this is a "simple enough" change that could once again give just that little bit of extra freedom to GM's (A quality of the Dev Team ,and this product, that made me Join Roll 20 in the first place :) ) 

Edited 1440603627
Gold
Forum Champion
Nice suggestion, Jordan. If you don't mind I will add the word "Ruler" to the subject line since that's the overall name of the Roll20 Tool that has the Scale setting for your idea.  Also sometimes called the Measurement Tool in other threads. This suggestion is unique and I believe, stands on its own, but there are a few other Suggestions about the Ruler tool, if you're interested to see the other ideas, search for Ruler or Measurement in the forum.
+1 I'm having difficulty using light years as a scale on my space adventure
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
This is now on Dev for testing.
Amazing news and I cannot wait to have this in stable <3  Really glad this suggestion got implemented :D 3 Years in the making! ^_^ 
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This suggestion is now live.