Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

AD&D SECOND EDITION UNIVERSAL ABILITY CHECK MACRO

Edited 1467165377
UNIVERSAL ABILITY CHECK Any time the DM asks you to roll a Dex check, Intelligence check, etc., this macro will make it super easy. This macro will not work on percentile strength scores. /me THE @{race} @{class} @{kit} ATTEMPTS A FEAT OF ABILITY! /r 1d20<?{STAT CHECK| STRENGTH,@{Strength}| DEXTERITY,@{Dexterity}| CONSTITUTION,@{Constitution}| INTELLIGENCE,@{Intelligence}| WISDOM,@{Wisdom}| CHARISMA,@{Charisma}} This is a very simple macro that might clean up your macro list a little.  It is one macro for all 6 standard Ability Scores. This macro assumes you do not have a percentile strength score.  Feel free to message me with any questions or comments.  Have a nice day.  :D
Gold
Forum Champion
I think this macro fits my set-up. Planning to try it next week.  We've been silly in my group, we've been rolling d20 and then looking up the Ability Score each time.Thanks for posting. Maybe you could start a continuing thread "AD&D 2nd Edition Universal Macros to share" or something like that?  Crosslink the ones you've shared before, or crosspost them in the compilation thread. You have a nice day too.
Gold said: I think this macro fits my set-up. Planning to try it next week.  We've been silly in my group, we've been rolling d20 and then looking up the Ability Score each time.Thanks for posting. Maybe you could start a continuing thread "AD&D 2nd Edition Universal Macros to share" or something like that?  Crosslink the ones you've shared before, or crosspost them in the compilation thread. You have a nice day too. Sure will.  Thanks :D
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've noticed that there isn't currently a system specific guide page on the  wiki for AD&D 2e. Places like that are ideal for housing these sorts of useful macro's that the community can benefit from. As the wiki is a community driven resource feel free to create a page and the system and share your tips and tricks to your hearts content! Nice work Josh.
Thanks, Ziechael. :D