Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Update 9/22: Jukebox Playlists, Tabletop Audio, PayPal, Macro Renaming, Tutorial, and more!

Edited 1442939509
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
Hello everyone! There's a new update out today with some exciting new features. Without further ado, here they are! PayPal Roll20 now supports PayPal as a payment method for all sections of the site. Whether you're purchasing a Marketplace Set for your game, gifting your GM, or subscribing to access our powerful Plus and Pro features, you can now use your PayPal account. This is especially helpful for our international users who no longer have to deal with the issues of having to track down a credit card, or not knowing how currency conversion would work with their payment method. Just look for the "Checkout with PayPal" button on all of the places on the site where we previously had only a credit card form, and you're all set! Tutorial We've produced a brand-new tutorial for Roll20 that takes place directly inside the interface itself. Designed for both old and new users alike, it's a step-by-step guide to all the great things you can do in Roll20 while running your games. To start it, just select the "Tutorial" icon from the Games menu along the top of the page. Once you've fully completed the Tutorial, you'll get a special achievement and the Tutorial icon will go away.&nbsp; Let us know what you think! Jukebox Playlists There are now Jukebox Folders ("Playlists") in the Jukebox! You can create a new Playlist by clicking on the "Add" button in the Jukebox tab and selecting "Playlist". You can then drag and drop tracks into playlists just like the folder system currently works in the Journal tab. We've also updated the UI for the Jukebox to be more compact for each track listing. We've replaced the "Loop" checkbox with a toggle icon (so click it and it will light up, indicating the track will be looped, or click it again to switch it to a grayed-out icon, indicating non-looping.) Finally, the new Playlists come with their own set of play options. Next to the name of the playlist you'll find a "Play" button as well as a toggle for the "Play Mode" of the playlist. The options are: "Back to Back" indicates that each track will be played individually one after another. When the end of the playlist is reached, it will start again from the beginning. If a track is looped with this option when the playlist gets to that track it will just keep looping. "Shuffle" indicates that the tracks will be played in a random order. Note that the order is synchronized across clients so that it will still play in the same order for everyone. The playlist will continue playing shuffled until you pause it manually. You should not use looped tracks with this option or it will just loop the same track over and over. "All At Once" indicates that all tracks in the playlist will start playing once you play the playlist. Note that it is up to each track's individual loop settings to determine if it will loop after it plays once. You can mix and match looped and unlooped tracks with this option. Important to note on the new Playlists: While they are generally "in sync", each person's computer plays the tracks on its own. This means for example if a player joins the game after you have already started playing the Playlist, their computer will start playing it from the beginning, even if you are on Track 3. This isn't typically a problem since usually music is played when everyone is in the game, but it's best to think of the Playlists less as "everyone will play the same track at exactly the same time" and more as "this is a group of tracks that I want to play in general for my players -- the specific track they're on is irrelevant." You can use the playlists to create soundscapes using sound effects and music and the "All at Once" option. If you stop or play any individual tracks (even if it is inside the current playlist) then the Jukebox will leave "Playlist" mode and switch back to "Individual Track" mode. So basically you can either have complete control over what plays at what time by playing individual tracks yourself, or you can use the Playlist to let the system play a group of tracks itself -- but you can't do both at once. Now Playing Widget At the top of the Jukebox you'll now find a small "Now Playing" widget. This is what will be shown to players (rather than a listing of the tracks or playlist names). So players will only see tracks that are currently playing (and the names of those tracks). In addition, the GM can Stop a track directly from the What's Playing widget, which is useful to avoid needing to scroll down through a large Jukebox list to find a track and stop it. Pages Can Trigger Jukebox Tracks/Playlists There is a new option under the Page Settings dialog box at the bottom which will allow you to choose a Jukebox track or Playlist which will automatically play when you move the players to the page. Note that this only takes effect when a GM moves the Player Ribbon to the page, not for the "split the party" feature (since the Jukebox is global, not player-specific). Tabletop Audio Integration We've teamed up with the folks at Tabletop Audio to bring you their made-for-RPG audio goodness directly into your Roll20 gaming -- for free! When adding a new track to the Jukebox, you'll now notice an additional tab at the top of the dialog box that allows you to access the entire library of Tabletop Audio sounds. You can add them into your Jukebox just like any other track, put them in playlists, etc. For those of you who don't know about Tabletop Audio, it's a site created to provide 10-minute-long background audio tracks for RPG gaming sessions. You can find out more about them on their site: <a href="http://tabletopaudio.com" rel="nofollow">http://tabletopaudio.com</a> API Jukebox Support We've also pushed out an update to the API Server that allows you to have basic control over the Jukebox using API Scripts. Here's what's changed: New object type, "jukeboxtrack". You can use this just like any other object with findObjs(), get(), set(), etc. To play a Jukebox Track, just get the track object (for example using findObjs) and then set the "playing" property to "true". You can have multiple tracks playing at the same time. New property on the Campaign object, "_jukeboxfolder", which allows you to view information about the folders (playlists) in the Jukebox, just like the "_journalfolder" property allows you to view information on the folders in the Journal tab. Two new functions, "playJukeboxPlaylist(id)" and "stopJukeboxPlaylist()". The play function takes in the Folder ID (get it from the "_jukeboxfolder" property in the Campaign object) of a playlist, and will begin playing that playlist for everyone in the game. The stop function does not require any arguments, and will stop any playlist that is currently playing. The API documentation on the Wiki has been updated with this new information, so please check it out when you get a chance. Macro Buttons We've added the ability to rename and color the buttons on your macro quick bar. They now have a right click context menu with these two options. It doesn't matter if they came from abilities, global macros, or sheet rolls -- everything in your bar can be labeled how you want and recolored. The button text should change automatically for best contrast with the colors you choose. Token Action Ordering There have been quite a few requests for players to have better control over the ordering of your token actions. What we've done is replaced our current system that grouped token actions by source with a system that puts them in alphabetical order. Now, if you want finer control over the ordering of your token actions you can number them or use some other naming convention. Player Tokens Before this update players had the ability to drag the character avatar from their characters onto a page but that was it. We're experimenting with giving players the ability to also drag default tokens directly from the journal tab. This functions the same way GMs add default tokens. In addition players will also have the ability to delete tokens they control. We're hoping this change will take some of the responsibility for managing the tabletop set up themselves. By allowing players to create their own torch objects and group them with their tokens, or add themselves to a scene, or "summon" and "destroy" their own creatures, it will free the GM to focus on telling the story. API Token Bugfix In the process of making these changes we also fixed a race condition bug with copying tokens with the API. New tokens that are copies should pop out fully formed. Misc Fixes Fixed an issue with the layout of images in the External Journal feature. Fixed an issue with the "Show More" link in Firefox on the Game details page. If you kick a player from a game while in-game, everyone will now reload the game session which will cause the kicked player to be removed immediately from the game. The Master Volume slider in the My Settings tab will now save between game sessions (it's also a per-game setting). Fixed an issue with extremely long player names in the application. Enjoy all the new Roll20 goodness!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
SWEET! &nbsp;I can't wait to get home and try these!
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
Riley D. said: Player Tokens Before this update players had the ability to drag the character avatar from their characters onto a page but that was it. We're experimenting with giving players the ability to also drag default tokens directly from the journal tab. This functions the same way GMs add default tokens. In addition players will also have the ability to delete tokens they control. We're hoping this change will take some of the responsibility for managing the tabletop set up themselves. By allowing players to create their own torch objects and group them with their tokens, or add themselves to a scene, or "summon" and "destroy" their own creatures, it will free the GM to focus on telling the story. Is this not enabled yet?&nbsp; I cannot get this to work on live.&nbsp; I have a campaign that I host but a friend is currently GMing/I play in and I can neither pull out nor delete any of the tokens for the characters I control when joined as a player.&nbsp; Neither can one of the other players in the campaign with his characters (the only one available to test it for me).&nbsp; It did work on the dev server for some of my tokens/characters, but not all, in particular ones with simple names (Summoned Ally, Tathar) worked, but the more complicated names for the summons that I use for organizational purposes (x- Summoned Ally I and II) did not work when I tested it today (don't remember if I tested on those particular tokens earlier). I wish we could also resize the tokens; guess I'll need to find a suggestions/vote for that. :)
Pages that trigger Jukebox tracks? &nbsp;This is great! &nbsp;No more forgetting that the party has entered a cave and still having tavern music playing in the background.
Token Action Ordering There have been quite a few requests for players to have better control over the ordering of your token actions. What we've done is replaced our current system that grouped token actions by source with a system that puts them in alphabetical order. Now, if you want finer control over the ordering of your token actions you can number them or use some other naming convention. You have actually made it more difficult to order token actions and are now forcing us to add extra characters at the front of our token macros just to get them in the order we want them, which means every token macro will be two to three characters longer and take up more room. This is worse than what we had before. Either get rid of alphabetical order or make it optional per character somehow.
HoneyBadger said: You have actually made it more difficult to order token actions and are now forcing us to add extra characters at the front of our token macros just to get them in the order we want them, which means every token macro will be two to three characters longer and take up more room. This is worse than what we had before. Either get rid of alphabetical order or make it optional per character somehow. Wasn't it impossible before to order them though? &nbsp;Or was that like way long ago
It was weird at one point, but for awhile now, it's been easy to order them the way you want them to be.
Yeah, I prefer the way they are (ordering wise) now. Alphabetical will cause problems.
Firstly, apologies if the following issue is not because of this update! I'm looking to run my campaign again after a while of being on break. I've been preparing things and everything's been fine. Tonight however, I went to test my macros and some of them won't work. I went into the actual character sheet and tried the buttons there and it still complains about a syntax error. This is the original 5e character sheet and seems to only affect attack rolls. Otherwise, great update - thanks.
This is a great update, especially the new Jukebox features. The one small thing I've would love to see is a search feature for the Jukebox, much like on handouts. Folders/Playlists definitely help in finding one track amongst dozens, but searching would solve the issue entirely.
James C. said: Firstly, apologies if the following issue is not because of this update! I'm looking to run my campaign again after a while of being on break. I've been preparing things and everything's been fine. Tonight however, I went to test my macros and some of them won't work. I went into the actual character sheet and tried the buttons there and it still complains about a syntax error. This is the original 5e character sheet and seems to only affect attack rolls. Otherwise, great update - thanks. Can you get us a console log of what the error is? Also this might be better as a separate post in the Bug Reports forum, just so it doesn't get lost.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
James C. said: This is the original 5e character sheet and seems to only affect attack rolls You probably need to fill in all the critical hit rolls for the weapons. &nbsp;Originally, [[ ]] was an acceptable die roll that resulted in 0, now it is an error.
Macro Buttons We've added the ability to rename and color the buttons on your macro quick bar. They now have a right click context menu with these two options. It doesn't matter if they came from abilities, global macros, or sheet rolls -- everything in your bar can be labeled how you want and recolored. The button text should change automatically for best contrast with the colors you choose. Can you do the same thing to the token macros? The ones that show up when a token is clicked on? If not, please add that when you can.
HoneyBadger said: Token Action Ordering There have been quite a few requests for players to have better control over the ordering of your token actions. What we've done is replaced our current system that grouped token actions by source with a system that puts them in alphabetical order. Now, if you want finer control over the ordering of your token actions you can number them or use some other naming convention. You have actually made it more difficult to order token actions and are now forcing us to add extra characters at the front of our token macros just to get them in the order we want them, which means every token macro will be two to three characters longer and take up more room. This is worse than what we had before. Either get rid of alphabetical order or make it optional per character somehow. I second this. It is much worse now. The way it was before the update, I could order the macros in the way I wanted by dragging them in the abilities list. Can we go back to the way it was right before this update, please?
Thomas C. said: HoneyBadger said: Token Action Ordering There have been quite a few requests for players to have better control over the ordering of your token actions. What we've done is replaced our current system that grouped token actions by source with a system that puts them in alphabetical order. Now, if you want finer control over the ordering of your token actions you can number them or use some other naming convention. You have actually made it more difficult to order token actions and are now forcing us to add extra characters at the front of our token macros just to get them in the order we want them, which means every token macro will be two to three characters longer and take up more room. This is worse than what we had before. Either get rid of alphabetical order or make it optional per character somehow. I second this. It is much worse now. The way it was before the update, I could order the macros in the way I wanted by dragging them in the abilities list. Can we go back to the way it was right before this update, please? I used to be able to do this:&nbsp; macros nicely ordered with Initiative/Speed, AC/hp, Abilities, Desc, etc. now I have this Not in order and no way to get them back except to add more characters and take up valuable screen space (not to mention ALL the revisions I would have to make on 200+ characters). Please consider backing out this change.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Diana P said: Is this not enabled yet?&nbsp; I cannot get this to work on live.&nbsp; There were some shards where the permissions didn't get updated correctly. This should work correctly now. Let us know if it doesn't.
The Aaron said: James C. said: This is the original 5e character sheet and seems to only affect attack rolls You probably need to fill in all the critical hit rolls for the weapons. &nbsp;Originally, [[ ]] was an acceptable die roll that resulted in 0, now it is an error. Yep, that fixed it :D. I entered a value for the "Crit Dmg" field and the macro works. Thanks a lot Aaron, appreciate. Thanks for the reply as well Riley.

Edited 1442969344
Silvyre
Forum Champion
This is a great update. I appreciate the functionalities added to the quick bar buttons. The partnership with Tabletop Audio is exciting; in general, the updates and expansions to the Jukebox are very welcome. The incapability for players to place and delete default tokens was unintuitive; I'm glad to see that's been changed and that we're continuing to see a gain in the capacity for players to assist GMs on the tabletop. I learned a handful of things from the tutorial, as well.
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
Steve K. said: Diana P said: Is this not enabled yet?&nbsp; I cannot get this to work on live.&nbsp; There were some shards where the permissions didn't get updated correctly. This should work correctly now. Let us know if it doesn't. It does work correctly for me now.&nbsp; Thank you!
Noob question here regarding macros. If I drag a macro to the tabletop where it appears under my name, how do I delete it? This is an issue since we cant drag and drop the order. The only way I know how is to refresh my browser which removes all of my macros I put down earlier. Thanks
HoneyBadger said: Token Action Ordering There have been quite a few requests for players to have better control over the ordering of your token actions. What we've done is replaced our current system that grouped token actions by source with a system that puts them in alphabetical order. Now, if you want finer control over the ordering of your token actions you can number them or use some other naming convention. You have actually made it more difficult to order token actions and are now forcing us to add extra characters at the front of our token macros just to get them in the order we want them, which means every token macro will be two to three characters longer and take up more room. This is worse than what we had before. Either get rid of alphabetical order or make it optional per character somehow. AMEN!!! &nbsp;I just wanted to be able to order them how I wanted which I did by simply doing it in the attributes tab. &nbsp;Now I have over 80 npcs that had my token actions like I wanted them all jacked up.
Mike said: HoneyBadger said: Token Action Ordering There have been quite a few requests for players to have better control over the ordering of your token actions. What we've done is replaced our current system that grouped token actions by source with a system that puts them in alphabetical order. Now, if you want finer control over the ordering of your token actions you can number them or use some other naming convention. You have actually made it more difficult to order token actions and are now forcing us to add extra characters at the front of our token macros just to get them in the order we want them, which means every token macro will be two to three characters longer and take up more room. This is worse than what we had before. Either get rid of alphabetical order or make it optional per character somehow. AMEN!!! &nbsp;I just wanted to be able to order them how I wanted which I did by simply doing it in the attributes tab. &nbsp;Now I have over 80 npcs that had my token actions like I wanted them all jacked up. Same here. &nbsp;This change makes a big mess for me and the folks I play with.

Edited 1443013931
Token Action Ordering There have been quite a few requests for players to have better control over the ordering of your token actions. What we've done is replaced our current system that grouped token actions by source with a system that puts them in alphabetical order. Now, if you want finer control over the ordering of your token actions you can number them or use some other naming convention. Please please please please &nbsp;do not leave this how it is currently!&nbsp;You've said that you received requests for players to have better &nbsp;control over their token macros, not worse ! Before we had plenty of freedom to align our own macros how we wanted to, just drag and drop an order in the Abilities Tab and you were golden! Why is alphabetical sorting now mandatory ? Oh dear god all of my macros are an absolute cluster-bomb of a mess now. Having to go through to ever page and add 01- 02- 03- to the front of the macros just to order them like I had them before is going to be a nightmare! I've got two sessions to run this weekend! Oh god I hope this gets cleaned up before then otherwise we're going to have such a bit problem... Edit: &nbsp;Here's an example of what my Macros used to look like. Now even simple ones are a mess, such as: With more complicated ones being even worse! We used to be able to use Dividers properly, name our buttons how we wanted and then order them how we wanted! Why would you take this away?

Edited 1443016369
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
Hmm.&nbsp; The goal with the change to the Token Actions ordering was to give more control, not less. To be honest the control that it seems some folks were exerting previously (by ordering them in the Abilities Tab) was not necessarily "intended" -- I think it was a side effect of an unrelated feature. So we didn't design in purposely that way, it just happened that way. It wasn't that we intentionally decided to take it away, it was that we didn't realize people were using this type of workaround to try and order those bars. Our goal is to eventually get to a point where you can drag and drop the token action buttons and order them how you want just like the quick macro bar, but there are some additional technical hurdles preventing us from doing that thus far. We will likely add an option so that you can get the old behavior back if you want it as a temporary measure, but when we reach the point that you can re-order them in the token bar we will remove that option.
Man, these updates look so awesome! &nbsp;Can't wait to get in there and play around with the toolset! &nbsp;8)

Edited 1443021021
To be honest the control that it seems some folks were exerting previously (by ordering them in the Abilities Tab) was not necessarily "intended" -- I think it was a side effect of an unrelated feature. The previous 'feature' was actually really helpful for me as a GM, as it provides a really easy way of organizing token macros. There was one small bug with it, however it functioned flawlessly otherwise. This is how you easily organised your macro tokens beforehand (GIF). It worked really well and organised the macro bar at the top of the window in the same order that the one in the abilities sheet was ordered in. There was one small bug with the system registering new abilities being ordered in a different way to what was visually apparent (I can go into this in detail if you would like, but since you seem to be scrapping the system I'll abstain unless asked), but besides that small bug it worked as like what was seemingly intended. We will likely add an option so that you can get the old behavior back if you want it as a temporary measure, but when we reach the point that you can re-order them in the token bar we will remove that option. That seems like the perfect solution and I would not be able to thank you enough if was implemented quickly. I hope when you get the new system you'll be able to similarly organize the macros on the sheet as well organizing them by Drag and Drop, as it's a big Quality Of Life feature to be able to organize as you're writing them. Thanks guys for responding to the issue at hand quickly!
Okay, I haven't even gotten done playing with all the bits and bobs but, OH MY GOD, the Jukebox update is AWESOME! &nbsp;Now I know why I ponied up the cash for the paid account. *Hugs you guys* &nbsp;8)

Edited 1443026778
Like the macro bar color option, hope to see it applied to token macros as well one day Also, players pulling out default tokens is one of the best things for roll20 for me now. I play a necromancer, and DM a game with one as well, so LOTS of minions to get on/off the field.&nbsp;
John J. said: Mike said: HoneyBadger said: Token Action Ordering There have been quite a few requests for players to have better control over the ordering of your token actions. What we've done is replaced our current system that grouped token actions by source with a system that puts them in alphabetical order. Now, if you want finer control over the ordering of your token actions you can number them or use some other naming convention. You have actually made it more difficult to order token actions and are now forcing us to add extra characters at the front of our token macros just to get them in the order we want them, which means every token macro will be two to three characters longer and take up more room. This is worse than what we had before. Either get rid of alphabetical order or make it optional per character somehow. AMEN!!! &nbsp;I just wanted to be able to order them how I wanted which I did by simply doing it in the attributes tab. &nbsp;Now I have over 80 npcs that had my token actions like I wanted them all jacked up. Same here. &nbsp;This change makes a big mess for me and the folks I play with. I don't what the problem is but my dms don't like this change so put it back!!!!! And always remember HAPPY DM HAPPY LIFE!!!!

Edited 1443033678
Good stuff folks! I will echo the sentiment for the new Token Action ordering not being as user friendly. &nbsp;PLUS, why can't Token Actions receive the same colour treatment as macros? **edit** Also, whilst players can drag tokens onto the tabletop, it only creates the token. &nbsp;I still have to go into the Token, and assign it to the Journal entry that was just dragged onto the table! &nbsp;Have I set something up wrong?
Small problem, I colored some macros but now I can't remove them from the bar. Once I colored them the tik box became untiked for that macro. How can I get rid of them now?
I'm very &nbsp;excited for the updates and new features in this release! ...except for the token action ordering. Add me to the list of people who really, really &nbsp;dislike that change. The someday-in-the-future ability to reorder them like macro buttons would be ideal, but for the love of $deity please do give us the ability to temporarily revert the behavior in the meantime.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Greysion said: This is how you easily organised your macro tokens beforehand (GIF). It worked really well and organised the macro bar at the top of the window in the same order that the one in the abilities sheet was ordered in. Ordering TokenActions via their order in Abilities did work great, as long as you didn't have any macros in the sidebar that were set to appear as TokenActions. For those who had TokenActions coming from both a Journal AND the Sidebar, this system did not work well. With this change, the source of the macro no longer matters, there is a dependable order to the macros. This may mean nothing for some, but for others this is a very good thing.
tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
I would like to change my subscription payment method to Paypal, but i didn't find how to do it !? I only saw a form for a new card in removecard page.&nbsp; Did i miss something ?
I love roll20 and everything you guys have done up to this point, but i'm one more voice against the token ordering changes. I play mostly 4e and now all our powers are a complete mess and as a GM, i'm gonna be wasting a lot of time ordering things again for every single npc/monster I've created. I believe everyone appreciates the effort you guys are putting into this and that your intention was good, but this new change does a lot more harm than good. And, yet another question that does bear some importance: Will we be able to change the color of our token actionsanytime soon? Love the ability to color our quick bars, but again, that's not something we can use in games where several macros are needed since the horizontal scrolling bar is not exactly...good. Or at least, any chance of that bar having a limit of X macros per line? Similar to what we have with the token actions?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
tontione said: I would like to change my subscription payment method to Paypal, but i didn't find how to do it !? I only saw a form for a new card in removecard page.&nbsp; Did i miss something ? Email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> for assistance.

Edited 1443054691
Ordering the token macros in Abilities didn't work for me at all. I don't know how much time I spent trying to get those things in the order I wanted them — and I wasn't using the same macros in for token and the macro bar. I'm a little afraid to go look at them now, after all that effort, but I'm heartened that the team is planning to let us drag 'n' drop them in the order we want. That will be awesome. Very stoked about the new Jukebox stuff, although I'm still hoping for the ability to upload my sounds to the cloud and pull them in as well.
Malcolm W. said: Ordering the token macros in Abilities didn't work for me at all. I don't know how much time I spent trying to get those things in the order I wanted them — and I wasn't using the same macros in for token and the macro bar. I'm a little afraid to go look at them now, after all that effort, but I'm heartened that the team is planning to let us drag 'n' drop them in the order we want. That will be awesome. Very stoked about the new Jukebox stuff, although I'm still hoping for the ability to upload my sounds to the cloud and pull them in as well. Hi Malcolm. The trick I discovered was to create an ability named "End" then drag each new ability I created to a spot I wanted above "End" in the ability list. Worked all the time. The key was the macros had to be moved at least 1 time in the ability list to be assigned a position on the token macro bar. If not, they usually were placed at the front (left side) of the token macro bar. Once they were moved 1x in the ability list they showed up in the right place in the token macro bar.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Face said: Also, whilst players can drag tokens onto the tabletop, it only creates the token. &nbsp;I still have to go into the Token, and assign it to the Journal entry that was just dragged onto the table! &nbsp;Have I set something up wrong? See:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals</a>
MrBritishGamer said: Small problem, I colored some macros but now I can't remove them from the bar. Once I colored them the tik box became untiked for that macro. How can I get rid of them now? I had the same problem, try to just drag the macro off the table-top.
Cheers Aaron. &nbsp;I got it sorted by dragging the Token onto the tabletop, assigning it to the correct journal entry, editing the journal entry to remove it's current token, and then reselecting the token and assigning it as default! Didn't take too long. :)

Edited 1443077025
For those who had TokenActions coming from both a Journal AND the Sidebar, this system did not work well. With this change, the source of the macro no longer matters, there is a dependable order to the macros. This may mean nothing for some, but for others this is a very good thing. I feel that while you hold a valid point, in the comparison of the two system the previous one would be the better version to run with until we get the drag and drop function that the Dev Team is hard at work creating. If you think about the nuance carrying over macros between systems, from this point on-wards sticking with the current system we'll have to add a 01- 02- 03- to the front of each of our macros, effectively destroying any real way of being aesthetically pleasing other than from a pure order sentiment. Now while that's not a huge issue for some people, it leads onto a bigger issue. This is the fact that once the drag and drop system is released, all of the work done to customize the hundreds of already-made campaign-in-progress tokens will be basically put to waste as we'll be able to go back to ordering our token macros how we like instead of being forced into an alphabetical alignment. This means going through all of the tokens and removing the 01- 02- 03- from the front of each ability. Now, don't get me wrong, I would personally be very against the change regardless of whether they were creating this new engine or not because of large personal taste. However since they are creating this new system the issues with the current one simply broaden and make life full of a lot more work. At this point if the current system is kept, which looks like it won't as the Dev Team has taken notice of the issue already, It'd honestly not be worth going and ordering all of my hundreds of tokens with new macros only for having that effort put to naught. For the moment, if the change isn't reverted, I'll have to simply deal with the new unorganized mess of character tokens. It'll make GM life hell until the new patch rolls through, but the amount of time to go through and edit all of my tokens would take longer than it would for the new patch to get rolled out anyway.

Edited 1443094410
I just noticed something else about the update. It appears that you aren't able to drag tokens onto different layers now, they seem to set to the layer that they were saved on instead. I'm not entirely sure of how to feel about this. The main problem that I'm seeing is that you're no longer able to drag enemies or NPCs directly onto the GM Layer if they're set to be normal tokens. It's not a huge issue, but it'll take a little while to get used to remembering to drag tokens into areas you know are 100% fogged when setting up scenarios on maps that the PCs are currently on. I thought I'd point this out because I didn't notice it being mentioned in the patch notes above, yet it's certainly something new. Any input from the Devs here?&nbsp;If I had to guess it'd be a change directed at the API cloning, setting a default that isn't based on player input would allow a machine to easily replicate the task. Would there be no way to check if there is player input before resorting to a default value in this scenario?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Greysion said: It appears that you aren't able to drag tokens onto different layers now, they seem to set to the layer that they were saved on instead. I'm not entirely sure of how to feel about this. I've quoted you and created a bug for this:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2452433/bug-drag" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2452433/bug-drag</a>...
We've just pushed out an update which adds a new Setting to the My Settings tab called "Alphabetically sort Token Actions." By default it is enabled (which is the new behavior that was pushed out in the update on Tuesday), however if you un-check it then you should get the "old" behavior again where the Token Actions are not sorted alphabetically. Note that this is a per-player setting, so if you have other players in your games that you are setting up Token Actions for, you may need to advise them to toggle this option off if you are using the old behavior. Again, this is only a temporary measure until we are able to roll out the full intended functionality of allowing you to have complete control over the order in which the Token Action buttons are displayed. In addition, I've fixed the bug that Greysion mentioned regarding default tokens always going to their original layer rather than the layer onto which they are dragged.
+1
Riley D. said: We've just pushed out an update which adds a new Setting to the My Settings tab called "Alphabetically sort Token Actions." By default it is enabled (which is the new behavior that was pushed out in the update on Tuesday), however if you un-check it then you should get the "old" behavior again where the Token Actions are not sorted alphabetically. Note that this is a per-player setting, so if you have other players in your games that you are setting up Token Actions for, you may need to advise them to toggle this option off if you are using the old behavior. Again, this is only a temporary measure until we are able to roll out the full intended functionality of allowing you to have complete control over the order in which the Token Action buttons are displayed. In addition, I've fixed the bug that Greysion mentioned regarding default tokens always going to their original layer rather than the layer onto which they are dragged. Nice and quick. Thanks for listening Riley.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Related Wiki Pages: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Token_Actions#Sorting_Toke" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Token_Actions#Sorting_Toke</a>... <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Settings#Alphabetically_Sort_Token_Actions" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Settings#Alphabetically_Sort_Token_Actions</a>
The new jukebox is a fine thing, especially if you start a new game, but in my case I've been preparing a campaign for the last few weeks, and I had all my music and ambient sounds nicely organized in alphabetical order. With the update, it's all a huge mess now, the tracks being organized in what seems to be the order I added them, so I have about a hundred tracks, all completely disorganized, and it's taking forever to organize them with the drag and drop. The problem is that before, I could easily send a track to a particular place by alphabetical organization (say for example renaming a new song called "Tavern Music" into "Music - Tavern - Tavern Music"), which was damn practical when I wanted to send a particular track to a particular place in the list. Now I have to drag and drop and it takes forever, especially since I have to do it multiple times for the same track because the list doesn't automatically scroll when I hover the cursor at the top while holding a track. Which means when I have a track at the bottom of the list and want to move it to the top (into a new folder for example), I have to drag and drop it about 20 times, scrolling up between each. So I wonder : is there a better way of doing it without taking hours of dragging tracks around and scrolling? Is it possible to still arrange the tracks in alphabetical order? If not, I think it would be a nice addition for a future update to allow people to choose how to organize the tracks in the entire jukebox, or even in specific playlists (alphabetically/numerically, in order of addition, by length and so on). Maybe even offer an extended jukebox page, so you can view the jukebox as a bigger entity and see more tracks at the same time to help organizing it. On a more positive note, I love the new features. Being able to create playlists is great, as is the fact that it is possible to play an entire playlist at the same time, or one song at a time. The Now Playing Widget and the ability to link a track to a page will be very useful too.

Edited 1443116691
Gold
Forum Champion
Von Castor said: The new jukebox is a fine thing, especially if you start a new game, but in my case I've been preparing a campaign for the last few weeks, and I had all my music and ambient sounds nicely organized in alphabetical order. With the update, it's all a huge mess now, the tracks being organized in what seems to be the order I added them, so I have about a hundred tracks, all completely disorganized, and it's taking forever to organize them with the drag and drop. The problem is that before, I could easily send a track to a particular place by alphabetical organization (say for example renaming a new song called "Tavern Music" into "Music - Tavern - Tavern Music"), which was damn practical when I wanted to send a particular track to a particular place in the list. Now I have to drag and drop and it takes forever, especially since I have to do it multiple times for the same track because the list doesn't automatically scroll when I hover the cursor at the top while holding a track. I'm experiencing the same issues here. Any tips to fix my Jukebox into the new Playlists/Folders? Wondering why the tracks went out-of-order and what order are they supposed to be in now (since the update)? It would be easy for me to put my old collection of sounds into the new Playlist Folders if the Jukebox tracks still retained their Alphabetical Order as they were before, because I'd already taken the time to put all the SWAMP songs under SWAMP (for example Swamp-Bird-Sound, and Swamp-Banjo-Song), and moved all the lesser-used songs under "Z-song title" and the upcoming important songs under "A-song title", for the old way the Jukebox organized songs. So then I could just drag all the SWAMP-named songs into a Swamp Playlist, and it would be easy and wonderful. Since the Update, my Jukebox songs are mixed up in a mysterious order (?), making a challenge of placing them into the proper Playlists. &nbsp; For example my Swamp-named songs seem to be scattered up-and-down the jukebox list.