Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Bug] Dragging tokens from the journal places them on the layer they were stored from, not the currently active layer.

The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Greysion said: I just noticed something else about the update. It appears that you aren't able to drag tokens onto different layers now, they seem to set to the layer that they were saved on instead. I'm not entirely sure of how to feel about this. The main problem that I'm seeing is that you're no longer able to drag enemies or NPCs directly onto the GM Layer if they're set to be normal tokens. It's not a huge issue, but it'll take a little while to get used to remembering to drag tokens into areas you know are 100% fogged when setting up scenarios on maps that the PCs are currently on. I thought I'd point this out because I didn't notice it being mentioned in the patch notes above, yet it's certainly something new. Any input from the Devs here? If I had to guess it'd be a change directed at the API cloning, setting a default that isn't based on player input would allow a machine to easily replicate the task. Would there be no way to check if there is player input before resorting to a default value in this scenario? I've verified this behavior.
This should be fixed.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Verified.