Much later… The darkness paved way to the light of the opening chamber door. Kiva Zidori had finally retreated from the bridge, the battle for her friend Angel now over. The battle continued to rage on, as small pockets of resistance gave way to the growing warp storm, the zealous nature of the Imperium and the stubborn attitudes of a few led by Ibra Carlege reluctant to allow nature to end the war between the two factions. But Angel had come out victorious. The Black Runners had, for the most part, escaped, due to the arrival of the Clans of Mer and the ingenuity of an unknown leader who had orchestrated their defensive. The night had fallen over Otnak to a pyrrhic victory, but a victory nonetheless. This day would mark the beginning of the end, as the circle of Imperial dominance in this forlorn and dread region had finally come to it’s conclusion. “It is done,” Kiva said aloud to the darkness as she closed the door. “It is done. The weaves of fate have been redirected.” The darkness offered no answer to her. “You do not need to hide any longer.” Two orbs pierced the darkness in indignance. “ I do not hide ” the words slipped from the shadows. “Hildenmund Marx has been vanquished. You need not fear containment. Lord Yaldaboath, you are free now from your internment of flesh and parchment,” Kiva grinned, her vampiric teeth glistening. The shadows did not respond. “Lord Scarabeus has ensured your awakening. Do you not feel gratitude?” Kiva urged on. The shadows opened it’s eyes. “ Scarabeus...does not aid unless he wants subservience, or dominion. ” Kiva crouched down, placing her hands on her knees as she assumed a non threatening posture. “Lord Scarabeus simply wants to know the knowledge you have acquired through your tenure with Marx. A fair exchange, considering all that had to happen to ensure your freedom.” “Scarabeus is a fool, ” the shadows rebuked. “ To change the pre-ordained fate of a mortal creates ripples through the immaterium. To change the fate of the champion of the Gods themselves is beyond reconciliation. ” “Worthy risk to know the location of the gate,” Kiva wisped with an almost sadistic air. “The Guardian of Hazeroth has failed in protecting it from the flesh-clad mortals. His vessels are scattered and the entry to the gate is open for those who know the way. Tell me, Yaldaboath, and you shall be truly free from all.” “ Tell Scarabeus to despair, for he has wrought only failure in his plans, as ever as he could. The gate lays opened without it’s keeper, but the key was lost aboard the ship. ” “How so?” Kiva tilted her head, the way a cat would before playing with it’s prey. “ The Soul of Purity stood only meters from my ascension. He was consumed by the rage and fire of the blast that consumed the Pillar of Penitence, alongside the Champion of the Gods. ” “Pity then,” Kiva teased. “But I insist on the location.” “Very well, puppet, ” The shadows wisped. “I shall tell you where to go. The conditions are nigh to reveal themselves. Without the key, you’ll have to resort to other means, but if your lord seeks to work fruitless plots then so be it. He has truly earned the ire of our gods for slaying the champion. I shall have no part in his machinations. ” “Silas was destined to bring ruin to the Imperium,” Kiva said. “But surely his fate would not be so cherished by the gods.” “ Then you are a greater fool than Scarabeus. He was destined to topple Terra itself. And now that fate belongs to another… ”