Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Update 12/15: Sheet Workers, Better Repeating Section Support, Pop-Out Chat and Jukebox, and more!

Edited 1450547898
Amazing!!  you sure are giving Fantasy Grounds (FG) a run for their money!  Now if someone could automate the charactersheets and dice rolling results in combat in FFG Star Wars  and give the ability to add weapons and other inventory from a list as opposed to always having to type/enter the info into a character sheet like FG I'd be completely sold!! 
Fields are not Cacuating in the Pokemon Table top United Sheet. 
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Lustfulpride said: Fields are not Cacuating in the Pokemon Table top United Sheet.  The sheet author is working on fixing these issues.

Edited 1450673926
I'm having another issue with the Repeating character groups. This is most likely something with how I implimented them in my own character sheets, but how it is supposed to work is a bit Opaque to me, so i'm not sure how to troubleshoot it. <a href="http://screencast.com/t/Ek5RFEUHCW1" rel="nofollow">http://screencast.com/t/Ek5RFEUHCW1</a> I can also post my code if there isn't anything glaringly obvious with that kind of error. Basically brand new character, on production, brand new ability inside a repeating group. The way it works is you hit the gear on the right hand side, and all that nonsense pops out. All that stuff fills in the 'value' section on a button inside the reapeating section and dumps it all into a rollable template. The first roll is what I Get when hit the button inside the character sheet, so it's working fine there.&nbsp; After dragging it out, I hit the button on the bottom, but it gives me an error.&nbsp; What is interesting, on the right hand side, you can see where it says no ability was found for %{Bull|repeating_actions_actionButton}, but the ID of the ability is included in the literal text below it. Not sure if that is related or if that is supposed to happen that way.&nbsp; Any thoughts on what could cause an error like that?

Edited 1450829780
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just a quick test to see if I could suggest anything... it appears that fieldset class names &nbsp;are now case-sensitive in that it only passes a lowercase version of the class name to chat. &nbsp;If your fieldset name has caps, it causes a "No ability was found..." error when executing a drag/dropped repeating button roll. Probably not good for existing sheets that use caps in their fieldset names. Might be a bug...?&nbsp;
Vince said: Just a quick test to see if I could suggest anything... it appears that fieldset class names &nbsp;are now case-sensitive in that it only passes a lowercase version of the class name to chat. &nbsp;If your fieldset name has caps, it causes a "No ability was found..." error when executing a drag/dropped repeating button roll. Probably not good for existing sheets that use caps in their fieldset names. Might be a bug...?&nbsp; I'd imagine it not handling capitals would be deliberate for some reason ... but good news, that was indeed my issue. I'm not sure why I didn't think of it. Thanks again. All you guys rock!

Edited 1451491027
Tom F.
Pro
API Scripter
&lt;Nevermind, I just read how, above&gt; How does one pop out the Jukebox and chat windows? For the life of me, I cannot figure out how. With characters, there is a pop-out button, but I see no such mechanism for the Jukebox or Chat...

Edited 1451495178
Hi Tom F. - As you noted, it is a bit different for Chat & Jukebox, you just simply double click the icons at the top of the right of your VTT to get it to pop! Just in case anyone else needs it, I went ahead and added the information about pop-out chat (& Jukebox) to the&nbsp; wiki .

Edited 1452135175
Better Repeating Sections Support Today we're introducing better support for repeating sections on character sheets in a number of ways: You can now drag-and-drop a roll button from a repeating section on a sheet into your Macro Quick Bar. The button will continue to function even if other rows in the same section are created/deleted. Repeating sections now fully support default values (they will appear correctly when rendering the sheet, and you can reference them the same as any default value in rolls, macros, etc.) We've made a change to the way that repeating section attribute names are created. Previously, we would create a name such as "repeating_spells_2_SpellName". The "2" was the identifier of the row. If you deleted the "1" row, the "2" row's attributes would all be renamed to be the "1" row. While this made some sense at the time, it led to an issue which prevented us from supporting repeating section attributes and rolls as first-class citizens in macros, rolls, etc. Now when a row is created in a repeating section it is assigned a unique ID that is shared among all attributes in that row. For example, "repeating_spells_-ABC123_SpellName". The ID of the row will now stay the same until the row is deleted. As a result of the above, you can now reference repeating section attributes reliably in macros, using the API, etc., without worrying that the attribute name will change. So if you you create a Fireball spell in the "Spell Level 2" section, and it has the ID -ABC456, you can reference that ID in the attributes, sheet rolls (e.g. %{CharName|repeating_spelllevel2_-ABC456_SpellAttack}), etc. Adds new support for @{repeating_spells_$1_SpellName} support. So instead of specifying a specific repeating section row ID, you can now specify the row index (so $0 is the first row, $1 is the second row, $2 is the third row, etc.). You may want to update any sheet buttons/rolls that used the old "repeating_spells_0_AttrName" syntax to this new syntax. It's supported both in auto-calc fields and in rolls/macros/etc. Finally, if you reference an attribute or sheet roll in a repeating section, and that roll or attribute contains nested attributes that are from the same repeating section, those attributes will now be correctly found and utilized. Referring to the bolded section. How would a user attain this ID number? I am in a situation where I need to reference a field in a repeating section and I don't know what the unique ID is in order to reference it.&nbsp; EDIT:&nbsp;Ok I figured out a way to get it. Drag the button from the repeating section down to the macro bar, that displays the ID in the code for the roll. If you want to copy the ID# click the roll button and then use the up arrow in the chat window to see the text of the roll code. i.e.&nbsp;%{..._ID#_...} If there is an easier way to find the ID, please let me to know.&nbsp;
How do I find the Unique ID of a repeating item? Specifically I am trying to make a token button to cast a spell and having a hard time figuring it out. 5th edition sheet.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Ed S. said: EDIT:&nbsp;Ok I figured out a way to get it. Drag the button from the repeating section down to the macro bar, that displays the ID in the code for the roll. If you want to copy the ID# click the roll button and then use the up arrow in the chat window to see the text of the roll code. i.e.&nbsp;%{..._ID#_...} Or, use your browser's element inspector on the sheet button.
Thanks Silvyre! Now if you could tell me how to delete it from my macro bar I would be in business. I need to do this with a lot of spells for other players.
Figured it out
Silvyre said: Ed S. said: EDIT:&nbsp;Ok I figured out a way to get it. Drag the button from the repeating section down to the macro bar, that displays the ID in the code for the roll. If you want to copy the ID# click the roll button and then use the up arrow in the chat window to see the text of the roll code. i.e.&nbsp;%{..._ID#_...} Or, use your browser's element inspector on the sheet button. I have never been able to decipher that, the console comes up and I have no idea what I am looking at.

Edited 1452699126
Ed S. said: I have never been able to decipher that, the console comes up and I have no idea what I am looking at. It is confusing. Here is an image when I inspected the element on the button for the 2nd of my melee weapons. The thing I clicked is highlighted (in blue) and if you start from the beginning of the highlight you get the button/macro name from the name="..." section. You will note that it is melee_1 because in the 5e Shaped Sheet the first button starts with 0. &lt;button type="roll" name="roll_repeating_weapons_melee_1_weapon" value="@{output_option}&nbsp;... The rest of the element goes on to describe all the details of the macro including attribute and sheet variables. does that help? H
That doesn't list the unique ID that gets assigned. I need that ID to reference it from a macro.&nbsp; The only way I can see it is from when I drag it to the macro bar.&nbsp;
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Here it is.
Lol, ok, not really easy to find and I would only know that was it if I already knew what the ID was.&nbsp;