Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Savage Worlds Chases & Roll20

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
So, I had an opportunity to run my first chase scene (well, first with the new rules) in Savage Worlds a couple of weeks ago and thought I would share my chase "map" for anyone running Savage Worlds in hopes you all might find it useful. Because I hate referring to the rule book if I can help it, I put the Chase rules as text boxes on the GM Layer, along with the Obstacles chart (as an image, so the table remained easy to read). This made it super easy to know what to do without having to shift my focus away from the game. On the Map layer, I drew the card boxes for each participant in the chase. This makes it so they aren't easily messed up and shows the players where to play their card, and where to discard their cards once done. I put each player token above their individual "card spot" so there wouldn't be confusion as to which spot was each character's. This worked really well for my players. Because the boxes are objects, this also makes it easy to add participants, because I just copy/paste new boxes as needed. I also added the "Important" text to the map layer (again, to protect it from accidental tampering), but this allows the player to make an informed choice as to which card (assuming s/he has more than one card) to play that round. Finally, since each chase lasts between 5 and 10 rounds, I created a rollable table and dropped it on the board as a token. The table consists of nothing more than 10 images of numbers (1-10), and gave it the name of "Rounds remaining" that's visible to all players. After each round, I change the side shown to decrement the number. In case anyone is wondering, I left the grid visible to help center the boxes for the playing cards. The snap to grid makes it easy when creating new spots and allows the token to be centered (easily) above the card; that's part of my OCD... All in all, the first chase went really well, thanks to roll20. :) I hope some of you savages find this helpful.
Great idea. Freedom of organisation is the underrated and hidden tech of Roll20 - and one of its biggest strengths. Its always useful to see how other people do things and I will definitely be using your layout for my chases n the future...very helpful. Thank you for you sharing.
Gold
Forum Champion
Thanks for sharing your technique to implement this mode of game play. I will be running something similar (although different game system, the visual layout is still relevant to me).