Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Exalted Dice using Rollable Tables

Came up with an easy way to do Exalted dice using the handy dandy dice tables. For those of you who don't play the system, a number of D10 are rolled with a 7 or higher counting as a success. Rather than the 10 exploding it simply counts for two successes. Additionally, on a lack of any successes, if at least one die showed up as a 1, this is known as a botch (fumble/critical fail/etc)). Make a rollable table with the following values & Weights. I named mine "exalted". "0 b" Weight 1 "0" Weight 5 "1" Weight 3 "2" Weight 1 To roll up say 8 dice, just /roll 8t[exalted]. The only caviat here is if you fail, you'll have to manually peek through the list and look for any "b"s to see if you botched. Hope someone else finds this useful !
Obviously you'll have to make new tables for any Sidereals who like to monkey with target numbers, but in that case you just need to duplicate the above with adjusted weights.
Awesome job! That'll be super useful when I get to play Exalted again. 3rd edition soon!

Edited 1376929741
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nice! I hadn't even thought about getting roll20 to double the 10s successes (haven't played a Storyteller System game on roll20 yet), but this works wonderfully! Playing around, I tried using "botch" rather than "0 b," and adding "successes" to the end of the other entries. For inline rolls only, the net result was nothing different if you rolled successes, "botch" if the first die was a botch and there were no successes, and "0 successes" if the first die wasn't a botch and there were no successes. Unfortunately, the inline rolls only report botches nicely like that if the first die was a botch, and you don't seem to be able to sort table rolls like you can dice rolls. Getting straight on the money would require an API script, I fear. Etrius said: Awesome job! That'll be super useful when I get to play Exalted again. 3rd edition soon! I know, I can't wait! I've got the ultra-super-mega-special-deluxe version of the core book coming my way from the kickstarter. I'm not one of the people contributing stuff like martial arts charm trees or monsters or anything, but I'm getting boatloads of swag. =D
I found it worked best when I posted a "Botch!" picture on the '0 b" value and a colorful red 1 on i and a yellow "2" on its value. This made the visual checking easy...no color and the word botch on the screen made it easy. The rest was visually pretty...and the total at the bottom. To keep it simple for my players, I made two tables, [exalted] and [normal], which did not do the successes and was used for damage and mortals.
The math will autocalc and it looks cool with colored numbers in the place of the flat black digits.