Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GuloxChuffy, the Glassworks 22nd of Neth

Gulo sits cross legged on the dirty floor of the glassworks, gout's of smoke spewing out his nostrils with each drag of the pipe "For Vrinnathus the best plan of attack would to be for you to throw a smoke stick and fire the bunderbuss. I have he'll survive this, I'll make an effort to trip him with my whip, giving you an opportunity to throw your bombs on him. At that point he will be on the virge of death and then it's just a matter of who he attacks out of desperation, if it's me I may stand a chance, if you not so much." He takes a long drag from his pipe, letting the smoke settle in his mouth before letting it escape "It would be easier to plan if he were to give his opinion." 
Chuffy continues examining the glass, pouring different compounds over it. "Ja, smoke sticks are pretty handy. Though somehow I doubt that he would be so easy to entrap. Tripping him may be useful, but I've found it's harder to hit targets on the ground with my bombs. Not to mention, Vrinn is so agile... I think I'll stay behind you though, just in case of retaliation. Perhaps I'll use some special magic potions to let me fly around or make me invisible. I don't know just yet. I have some extra options granted me by my potions that could lend an edge over him." He sighs, picking up some more pieces of glass and crushes them into dust.
"Ja, better to focus on me then, since I'm here. I'm more susceptible to mind effecting spells den I would like to admit, that would be the quickest way to incapacitate me. Barring magic disarming me should be the first priority, I will still be a threat with melee but considerably less so. I would recomend tanglefoot bags, bags of blinding sand, things of those nature, then it should be easy enough to kill or incapacitate me."
Head snapping up to look at Gulo, Chuffy stares in confusion. "What? Why are we killing you now? I don't understand."
"Many things can change in combat, be it from betrayal by magic or wavering loyalty, you should always have a plan on how to take down your ally, for they quickly become your greatest foe." he takes another drag from his pipe, speaking to Chuffy in a casual manner "Now Chuffy, if I had to fight you, what would be the quickest way to kill you, in your opinion?"
Looking confused still but willing to play along, he takes some of the powdered glass and tucks some of it away into a belt pouch. "I mean, shooting me would probably work. It seems to work for most things... Nothing has ever tried to take over my mind before, so I don't know if that would work as well on me as it would on you." He drops a few glass shards into a vial of roiling purple jelly. They hiss on contact and sink into the strange substance.
"If I we're to shoot one of your bombs, would that cause a chain reaction and set of the surrounding bombs, that would kill you quickly I think, but would easily catch anyone near you." He mutters to himself, lost in thought, glancing at Chuffy every so often.
Chuffy shakes his head. "No no no, that's not how my bombs work. They're very volatile and unstable, so I can't keep them active for any amount of time. I have to mix them right before throwing them. Shooting my materials wouldn't do much, certainly not as much as shooting me directly. Although... I do not like to fight in melee combat. It's too close to me, too many things get in the way. So if you wanted to really hamper me, I would think that would be the best way."
"I did not know that, thank you for the information, I would like to fight you in the most efficient manner."
"Truthfully, I would not like to fight you at all. You seem very fearsome. I am not a warrior at heart. I prefer..." He gestures at the little alchemy lab set up in front of him. "This. The science. Making one things into another, making new things. Discovery. Fighting is all... Destruction. Which certainly has it's place, it's true, but I am more interested in creation." He looks down and fiddles with some tongs.
"Truthfully Chuffy I know few things, not as nearly much as you, but what I do know is this, there are few things in this world that we want to do."
Chuffy raises an eyebrow. "What? I want to do so many things, though. I want to travel around the world! I want to meet the gods! I want to create the biggest fire that has ever been seen! I want to discover new formulas for alchemical substances! There are so many things we could be doing. And I want to do so many of them." He scowls a bit at Gulo. "Why are you so negative?"
Gulo blinks for a moment, shaking his head "For a moment there you sounded just like an old friend of mine, and I will tell you what I told her. There are some of us who let their mind dream, and those who must keep their mind planted in reality, I am such a person."
Chuffy huffs, folding his arms over his chest. "That's boring. Dreaming is how discoveries are made. Thinking about how to make things never before seen by anyone else. Reality is so... stagnant. If no dreamers are around, then it would never change. You should be a dreamer." 
"If there we're not pragmatist like me Chuffy, then who protect dreamers like you?"
"Oh. Good point. Ok, you can continue being real." He goes back to his work, igniting a pile of coarse powder underneath a shard of glass, watching it melt.
Gulo sighs, finishing off his pipe "I find this talk of metaphors tiring." he looks twoards the door, hearing silence "They have been quiet far too long."
Chuffy packs his lab away, pocketing more of the glass for experimentation later. "I'm sure they're still in there. My queen wouldn't go anywhere without her faithful protector." He puffs out his chest a bit, then knocks on the door. "My queen?" He knocks again? "Grosilge? Miro?" Hearing nothing on the other side, he slowly opens the door revealing an empty room. Chuffy's face falls, his form deflating slightly. "Oh. I guess she left. Without me." He goes over to the table and sits at one of the chairs, staring into his palms.