Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Miro x the party

With only a few hours left in the creation of the hoard of items he had created for his friends.  He sets the spigylium for its final rotation and leaves with it the residium dust containing its arcane infusions to run while he takes a small amount of time to himself.  It had been almost a month and as he looked back it had been very eventful... he had unlocked the mysterys of magical creation a feat that opened up in him a drive to create more and more.... so see his friends stand before their enemies as titans.  At this Miro smiled... but also he enjoyed it.... the weavings of sigils over circles of various powders and liquids... the magical demands from him to an item that many thought had no say at all yet had everything in the world to say... a revelation that everything in this world is there of its accord.  He loved how tireing it was performing the Arcastium Residium... to infuse his raw arcane and divine might into the dark purple crystals that fueled the item and yes he even enjoyed the spigylium as it rotated about the item in many planes of travel forcing tiny bits of residium into the item.   He looked over to the items and smiled before standing.  This last peice would be special.  Finally closing his eyes and enforcing his will over the Spigylium he finalized the incantation that would seal the magic to the item.  Gathering it he loaded all the items into a bag and set about town seeking his various friends.  First would be Synovia.      After visiting the Dragon and realizing she was not there he decided to try her at her new place of employ.  As he made his way to the Garrison he smiled at the Gob Works.  He and Chuffy had been working hard on the glass and where almost there... Miro was sure of it.  As he passed he noticed the little ankle bitter that had gotten him the day of Gildy's collapse.  He had taken to calling that one Little Tooth and so as he passed he called out to the little one.  Finally at the Garrison he stops and knocks at the Door.  Once inside he waves to Lorren and her muscle bound counterpart. "Have either of you seen my sista?  I know she must be training with Hemlock to her new capacity but I have a delivery for her."
Miro is directed to the training ground where she is indeed training but her trainer is Imahnee, not Hemlock. From where Miro stands he can tell that regardless  of Imahnee's personal feelings, he has not "pulled any punches". Upon spotting Miro Synovia holds up a hand to signal a break. "Miro," she pants "you have amazing timing. I think he is truly trying to kill me." As she approaches Miro, she stops to gulp some water and catch her breath. "Is there something wrong?"
Miro smiles deviously from Synovia to Imanhee.  "It gives me great mirth to see you so challanged Synovia... Perhaps you should try harda?"  Miro looks about the ring taking in the view.  "Know that Imanhee favors his right side, attacks from his left should leave him slightly slowa than you...   Also I bring you a gift.  May even the playing field."  Miro reaches into his bag and hands Synovia the Belt of +4 Giants Strength.  "I will see you lata Sin-o-via."     Miro leaves the practice field with a smile on his face as he waits for the audiable indication that his sister had taken his advice.  Now he must seek Vrinn.  Having the largest order amoung his friends Miro sought to lighten his load that the rest of the day be somewhat less a burden.  After some thought Miro forwent the Manor and made his way to Renshins... the most likely place to find him if Gildy did not take him back  and if not atleast she might have some insight as to where he is.
"Thank you for the belt and the observations. I will take all the advantage i can get." She put on the belt and charges Imahnee from the left knocking him to the ground.
After searching for Vrinn, he is able to be found at the site of the old Vesk Jewelers. Some paperwork for signing over the deed for the business sits upon the countertop. Looking up as he notices the halfling enter, Vrinn smiles "Ahh Miro! Do I have me first customer already?" he asks with a broad grin, pride plastered all over his features.
Miro looks up to the counter at first unable to see it from his low vantage.  This quickly changes with the casting of a floating disk and levitate spell.  Miro floats up to Vrinn the arcane sigils and energy still dancing lazily from his right hand.  He looks down and smiles... "May hap good Vrinn however as your dealer in fine magical Items I come to deliver you my wares first."  Miro reaches into the sack and pulls the three items from it.  "As requested ... with a little flare of my own added.  Typically these items" motioning to the bracers and boots "Come in a dull gray and are extremely telling of their use.  I have opted for a darker grey almost black to suit your particular skill set."  Miro also lays out the Belt... It unlike the other two has been heavily embellished with a stylized Raven with gold embossed wing tips.  It is a dark red and a belt peice of a dark grey metal emblazoned with a black flat ravens sillohette.  "While I've no need for jewelry now... I am sure I could use them in the future as I learn the ins and outs of crafting material magics." Miro closes the sack and looks about.  "Business looks good on you Vrinn... I feel it might actually be yet ANOTHER thing that is engrained in your families tree... With note to your family aswell as business... I have spoken to Farnsworth.  We have come to terms on how and where to make it happen."  Miro recounts the details between him and Farnsworth not even excluding the fact that Farnsworth's cut would come off the top of Miro's side of the profits.  "With that being said we now have to confer with the Mayor on your father and make sure they are prepared on their side aswell." Miro looks out the door and realizes it is already past noon.  "Oh dear I may have worn my welcome and if not I am surely running out of time.  I still have two deliveries to make.  Best of luck my friend... if ever you find a need here let me know."   With that Miro slowly drops to the floor and makes his way to the Door.  With a few waves of his hand the tell tale portal of grey smoke appears allowing Bobole to come to this plane.  Miro mounts and Rides off.  This time his quary being Gulo.  Miro smiles as he rides at the beautiful sky above and the sun already working its decent into the horizon to close out what is his most productive day during their time off.  Guessing Gulo to be working somewhere around the Garrison Miro slaps himself thinking he should have sought out Gulo after Synovia... Oh well sand shifts by the winds will not his own.  Miro makes haste to the Garrison and smiles knowing atleast he would be able to see if his sister is having less effort against Imanhee when he makes his stop.
(at some point can you recap the ins and outs of the conversation with Farnsworth please. Apparently that happened while I was having internet issues) Looking over the items, Vrinn runs his fingers over the fine craftsmanship on the bracers and the boots. Coming to the belt, he nods and smiles "'tis fine work. Not exactly me style..." he says gesturing towards his twin shortswords with stylized wasps for the hilts, their crossguards being the wings, with the pommels resembling elongated stingers "...but fine work indeed." Putting on the items, he waits for a few moments to feel the magic begin to course through him, lightly bouncing on his toes and flicking out the tools, he grins. "Aye, ye did good work Miro. An' certainly after I get me shop up an' runnin' yer for sure t' be welcome to be one o' me favourite customers if'n ye needin' jewelry for ye magic items. I'll be needin' t' go t' Magnimar t' see if I can get someone competent t' run it while I won't be able t' be here, so I can prolly knock that over when we go get th' sawmill..." he casts Miro a wry grin and a wink. "But aye, we're both busy. I won't keep ye any longer. Thanks again" Vrinn says as he claps the halfling on his shoulder, turning back to compiling inventory as Miro summons his dog and leaves
The forms of Grosgomort and Scummer lie on the ground outside the garrison, panting for breath and water. Gulo looks down at them, arms crossed and mouth curved into a scowl, barking as he grabs a pails of water "Congratulations, in the time it took you to get here at least a dozen civilians have been slaughtered and a third of the village is on fire. This is unacceptable, now quench yourself and start again!" he sets down the bucket, his face relaxing into it's usual indifference as he sees Miro "Gutentog Miro Kaijutsu, it is unexpected, but not unwelcomed to see you here at the garrison." he glances down at the pair, only to see they had long since ran off after cleaning the pail dry.
Miro smiles at the Goblins as he walks by and then looks up to Gulo...  "Careful you don't push them too hard Gulo... too much stress could lead to more disaster than your good intentions can circumvent."  Miro looks about for signs of Synovia and Imanhee but sees none.  He moves to stand beside Gulo in silence as he watches the training infront of him.  He is quiet and assessing for a time and then finally speaks up.  "However there are signs of marked improvement... You have done well."  Miro moves towards his bag and pulls from it a single horn.  Its redish body starts and ends on each side with Black and throughout the red little tendrals of white.  It is clasped to a tiny band of leather and two rings.  Upon its flank a shilloette of a serpentine dragon lays coiled on a sheilds outline.  Miro holds it up to Gulo... "You are not allowed to say no... it is not a gift or some sort of charity... it is customary to give a mark of new status when a soldier of Varisia attains a new position or advancement."..... Miro looks up with thinly slitted eyes.  "And if you do not take it... I will curse you."  Miro says matter of factly.  With that Miro passes him the magical powderhorn that would protect his precious powder from various forms of moisture.  "Welcome to sandpoint!" With that Miro makes his way from the Garrison giving little chance to argue but paying close attention incase Gulo had any parting words.  He had one last stop to make but time was growing short.  The sky had already begun to dance with the light of fire as blue gave way to Orange.  Miro could hear the whipperwhil... a song that he had become quiet used to.   He knitted his eyes for a moment in wonder of the goings on with Doomwing, but he wouldn't give it much thought.  So he smiled still riding Bobole as he made his way to the glassworks for one last "delivery".
Gulo nods, saluting as the halfling rides off, then looking back towards the beach. He had gotten the pair to 8 minuets, perhapse he could shave it down to 6?
Riding slowly on Bobole Miro smiles with a giant grin.  It had been awhile since he had spent time with all his friends in the single day.  The lack of daylight offered by his workshop left him feeling secluded of late.  Granted he had not spent much time with Ameiko and many other of his friends in the town but it seemed less concerning to him.  Seeing the sun meet the Horizon he finished his trek to the Glassworks and makes his way in.  Opening he door as if by fate Little tooth was there to meet him.  Miro pulled a small sweet from his pocket tossing it to the little gob.  He walks down the hall the smell of the furnaces wafting through the air.  Turning into the offices that Gildy and Chuffy frequint he looks to the pair.  "Hello mine Freunde."  He looks about at the progress of trial and error... "Chuffy how goes the formula?"  Miro looks over the twins designs.  "As soon as we have that formula I think we will be good to go.  Oh and Gildy when you have time I would like to speak with you."  Miro jumps slightly as little tooth is attached to his cloak again.  Miro reaches down and scoops up the little gob and looks to Chuffy... "Oh by the way Chuffy I have a gift for you."
Chuffy looks up as the halfling rides in on a weird dog thing. He ignores it, instead thrusting a small plate of glass towards Miro. "Look! I've figured out how to make something amazing! Put your hand on it!" Chuffy presses the glass into Miro's palm briefly, before pulling away and showing it to him. From the contact, it's changed color slightly from a mostly clear turquoise color to a more solid orange in the shape of Miro's hand. "It's heat sensitive! It reacts to your body heat and changes color!" Chuffy beams up at Miro and Grosilge, clearly wanting to be praised for his ingenuity. Then he hears the next words Miro says. He puts the glass carefully down at his worktable before looking back up at the theurge. "A gift? What is it?" He turns to Grosilge. "My queen, what do I do when I'm given a gift? Does this mean he wants to boing boing me?"

Edited 1454461081
The Queen of Goblins sits on a broken chair alternately kissing a ball of glass and tossing it before gleefully settling on putting it in her cleavage. "Oh mein gotter! It fits!" Where the glass touches her skin it turns from a cloudy grey to purple. She looks up when her title is invoked. "Hm? Oh, since it's Miro he-" she stops midstream, recalling Miro's previous reaction. "...just does that. Ja, he's a...uh..." she waves her hands and tries to think of something. "He's a weikhenbaukh (soft belly)! But not in the you can stab him kind of way but in the if you're stabbed he takes care of you kind of way! He's just taking care of you, Chuffy."

Edited 1454461653
Sean
Pro
Chuffy admires how effective Grosilge's magic boobs are on the glass. "Wunderbar." He shakes himself briefly. "Ja. I don't understand. What is being careful of? I haven't set anything on fire in..." He furrows his brow, counting on his fingers. "Three! Three hours! So I'm super safe. Why is he taking care?"
"No he's like....a keinwunschzutotengoblin (a goblin you have no desire to kill) that makes you feel like a kitzeltschlagen (punch that tickles). So you know...it's a keinwunschzutoten wikhenbaukh and when you get a gift you should feel like it's a kitzeltschlagen or a beinahezusammenstoßklinge (a blade that nearly misses killing you)."
"Like, that's pretty weird. But at least I understand now. Why can't anyone explain things as well as you? You make things so simple and easy to make sense of." Chuffy nods his head in appreciation of his queens wisdom and gift for words. "OK. Thank you Miro, I'll take the kitzeltschlagen now."
From his bag Miro pulls the Alembic and places it before Chuffy.  Its composed of a lighter metal but still just as sturdy stand with Goblin Embeslishments around the four feet.  The hooked globe of the alembic is almost as thin as paper and a form of frosted glass that seems to move about its surface like snow.  "When you heat it, it will become clear, and the thickness has been magically enhanced to keep it from breaking but still allow for the best heat distribution."  Finally Miro passes the burner for between the stand.  This a gold tubed with a heavily stylized base and from its top a small goblin head with its mouth open to support the Flame."Niederbrennen (Blaze) will activate a very small fire spell that will never run out.  I thought on it for awhile and I wanted to do something nice for you to welcome you to our family.... This is all I could come up with."  Miro passes over the Magic infused item and the finally thing that can be noticed is the silhouetted coiled dragon upon a shield's outline that decorates the "front" of the Alembic's stand.
Chuffy gapes at the item placed in front of him. He turns it in his hands, observing the alembic from all angles. Seeing all the work that Miro put into it. "This is... amazing. This is the second best thing I have ever received in my life. But why? Does family mean so much to you?" He looks helplessly at Miro, confusion clouding his eyes. "I don't understand! Why does everyone act so strangely? There's no logic in your actions! You keep... doing things. That make no sense at all!" Chuffy holds his head in his hands, utterly bewildered.
Miro looks to a window his expression somewhat dower.  "Sometimes Chuffy... family just does things for each other.  There doesn't need to be a logical reason why,"  Miro turns to Chuffy and places a hand on his shoulder.  "Sometimes they do it because they can... because it will make the other person happy."  Miro closes his sack and smiles a dishearted smile.  "Because family."  Miro looks to the glass and sees its properties. "This is amazing... how long til we can see production?  How difficult is its make?  What forms can it take?  What forms have the twins come up with already?"  Miro moves the ball about facinated that such effects could happen without the aid of magic.  
Chuffy sits for a moment, trying to process this information. "You're all insane..." he mumbles to himself before slapping his cheeks, waking up from his daze. "Ja. Glass. I'm still working on the formula, trying to perfect it so it is easy to make as well as strong and, of course, beautiful. The twins are making designs, and once they finalize their own work we can begin training programs to teach all the workers. Hopefully this will all be beginning within the month." The facts pour out of his mouth mechanically, still reeling a bit from the halfling's bizarre behavior. 
Miro nods and walks to Gildy to give her a light hug.  Miro smiles back to Chuffy and then turns to make his way to the Dragon for a meal.  He had used up most of his day and thus missed cooking the evening meal.  "I am going home to rest... fetch me if you need me Chuffy."  With that Miro leaves to sleep having had a long productive day.