Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Miro x Party (those that wish to join)

Miro walks quietly with a somber expression on his face.

Edited 1455351435
Dylan
Plus
Gulo comes up behind Miro, his shadow engulfing the halfling "You would have preferred I let the goblins live, Herr Miro, while I do not approve of what Chuffy and Vrinn did I do not regret what I have done. You saw a potential for peace, I saw a potential for chuffy getting a dogslicer in the lung, and I will gladly kill anyone or anything that would threaten my allies." he sighs for a moment "I do not expect you understand Miro, and I do not think less of you for thinking in such a way, the world need soft hearted men like you as much as it needs men like me. But such men are not fit for a world outside of sleepy villages like Sandpoint, out here or it is do or die, and if we had not killed them they would have attacked someone far less equipped to deal with them."
Miro shakes his head softly never raising his eyes from the ground.  He had been keeping his sisters boots just in sight to insure he didn't wander but he could not look up at his companions right now.  He spoke softly to Gulo, not in such a way he could not be heard but in a tone to match his dour mood.  "It is those very same conventions that I seek to break.  I can not argue that had it not been us it would be others.  But... even if the chance were no bigger than a scarabs fart... does that make it any less a reason to try?  Nothing in this world is absolute.  Eventually Vrinns steal will break, the lich will die, the gods will fade and give way to new.  So why, if even the divine are subject to change, should we not try to effect change ourselves?  Those goblins had surrendered... in that light are they not worthy to be givin atleast the chance to choose a better way of life?  No... because it is easier to turn to our traditions and conceptions.  It is easy to slay them, and justify that in doing so we saved another of its fate...."
Gulo's voice is cold, unfeeling, but cutting all the same as his weathered hand rests on Miro's shoulder "What you speak of is faith Herr Miro, faith in people, you could be very well right about people, but then again you could be very wrong. Say we had spared those goblins and you had offered them a "new life" in Sandpoint, say they went to Sandpoint and killed people while we were away. and when you return what would you tell the grieving families, having had as much of a hand in killing their loves ones as much as those goblins?" his grip on Miro tightens ever so slightly "I will not impede your efforts Herr Miro, I promise you this, but for every person you try to "Redeem" remember this, people rarely, if ever change, and you risk not only your own life but those of the people around you."
Plodding along on Borrowed Not Borrowed as the pair discuss the finer points of faith and morality, Vrinn can't help but overhear "Either way it's more or less a moot point. Aye the goblin's surrendered, but what then? Take 'em with us an' slow us down? Take 'em back t' Sandpoint t' see if they want t' integrate an' lose our headstart, maybe even fall behind th' others? Let 'em go so they can raid an' kill some more? Aye ye might 'ave been able t' talk t' them, but I'm bettin' that if ye let them go, they'd likely go back t' killin' an' raidin'. So, just kill 'em an' get it over an' done with, maybe save a few lives in th' process" Vrinn chimes in, his pragmatism showing through, supporting Gulo's perspective.
Gulo nods,looking towards Vrinn "Danke Herr Vrinn, it is good to have the wisdom of the elves." he says with a respectful tone.
Synovia sighs and then says "I understand what you are trying to do Miro, and I agree with the the idea. I don't believe that people can't change, take Vrinn, when we first met he wanted to kill every goblin he laid eyes on and now he is going to be a father to a few. But it is not realistic to stop in the middle of a mission and offer sanctuary to every goblin or human, for that matter, that we meet."
Chuffy trundles up alongside the now groupwide conversation, chiming in. "You people don't understand anything. Things change all the time. Those goblins changed in that fight. They began as goblins with heads, and then after being exposed to 'The Catalyst of Change'" he says, grinning and patting his bandolier, "they became goblins without heads. See? Change! It's simple. None of this gods dying stuff or philosophical scheisse. They attacked us and we retaliated. It is not our fault they were not prepared for the full force of the Great Sir Chuffy!" He puffs out his chest, proud of his title and argument in equal measure.
Chuckling at Chuffy's statement, Vrinn smirks and shakes his head "I believe ye have me confused with someone else, Synovia. Wasn't it you who was killin' every goblin in sight as payback for them killin' ye family? I've never particularly hated the little bastards... Mebbe not liked them, but there's no particular prejudice on my end." he explains, Borrowed Not Borrowed lazily rocking him back and forth in the saddle

Edited 1455752079
"No, Vrinn," Synovia replies angrily " I did not kill them as revenge for my family. I was killing the for attacking my home. If you recall, the attack the night of the festival when the goblins outside the gate were running, we both killed them. Afterward, when Bobole pointed out that that was unnecessary, I agreed. My thirst for vengeance ended the night. Yes, I killed many on Thistletop,until they surrendered. I have regretted that everyday since. Just as I have regretted almost having to kill you when you turned on me at the rage pool." She takes a deep breath 'I'm going to scout ahead." She rides ahead about 50 ft, her eyes scanning the road and brush along side the road.
"Still doesn't change the fact that you're th' one that hated them, not me!" He calls out after her as she rides off
Chuffy looks at the receding form of Synovia and then back to Vrinn. "I thought you people were a group, that worked together. Why are you killing each other? And why does Gulo keep asking me how we can kill each other? I don't want to die. I have important things to do. You're not going to kill me, are you Vrinn?" He looks up imploringly with big goblin-puppy eyes.
Looking at Chuffy with a raised eyebrow, Vrinn simply sighs with exasperation "No, Chuffy, I ain't gonna kill ye. An' I'm only teasin' Synovia, she's too uptight... Gulo too. I dunno what his problem is, mebbe he just needs t' get laid..." he says with a measure of contemplation
Miro sighs more tired now than before.  It seemed the way of things these days.  "I conceed.  It was ill advised of me to attempt to show them quarter... that makes it hurt no less.  I am sorry my friends.  I did not mean to cause unwanted tensions.  I just hate to see what could have been brought low by a single moment."  With that Miro trails back to his location in the pack head down but allowing Bobole to keep pace with his friends.
Gulo looks over to Miro, his nag struggling to keep pace "Nein Herr Miro, even if I find your ideas foolish I can respect your conviction, and for that you have nothing to apologize for." he looks around the group, sizing them all up "and I suspect it would take something more signifigent to drive a wedge between you three."