Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Drag and Drop from GM Handout

Score + 87
Magik
Sheet Author
Since the release of drag and drop from the Compendium, it has opened up many new possibilities. One that should be considered is to allow the GM to construct a custom handout that can be dragged and dropped from (instead of the Compendium) onto a character sheet. Some additional functionality might be nice (see below). Imagine a treasure hoard with some custom items in it. The GM has already put it together and then shares it with the players. The players apply their treasure distribution policy then players start dragging and dropping the items onto their sheets. The items dragged get a hidden flag so that the GM sees it still, including who took it, but the players can no longer see it. A stack of the same item would have a quantity counter that would count down whenever one was taken (and the character name appended to a list for the GM). Another possibility is to give the GM the ability to construct a custom feature or ability just the way that the GM wants it worded and put on a character's sheet then when the event happens that gives the character the ability (or curse, whatever), then the player can be given access to it and drag and drop it. What do you think?
Good idea
this is fantastic, how do i vote for it?
Magik
Sheet Author
Bad DM [Matthew P.] said: this is fantastic, how do i vote for it? At the top of the page, on the left is "Score + ?". Click on the triangle next to it.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
+1 Nice suggestion.  Drag and drop conditions, buffs, damage(traps),... as well.

Edited 1460060911
Gold
Forum Champion
That is a cool suggestion. The compendium isn't even used for my games yet (because we play a different game system that isn't in Compendium yet). I understand the drag-drop functionality from your description, and would like to be able to do that with Handouts and Inventory / Treasure finds. +1 as soon as I get a free +1 to vote
I have been wanting something like this especially since I have been importing classes, races and more from the DM's guild, creating a TON of handouts that would make life so much simpler if they had a drag and drop ability to them.

Edited 1503229561
This would be fantastic! +1.
Resurrected and voted for! +1
Gold
Forum Champion
good idea +1
GM Burrow
Pro
Marketplace Creator
So Seven years later, still no Dev response top this excellent idea?
GM Burrow said: So Seven years later, still no Dev response top this excellent idea? Came here to say the same. Funny thing. If you drag and drop an item from compendium on the "table" it becomes a handout. But said handout can no longer be dragged and dropped on the sheet. It would be cool if that was possible - you drag/drop to made a handout, add some description, an image, show to your players and drag/drop to their sheet.