Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Direct whispers in chat

When using sendChat() from an API script, is it possible to combine /direct with /w? I want to be able to send an HTML formatted message to myself (so that the players can't see the output).
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You can just pass the html to the whisper and it works great. =D
Actually, ignore that. Just discovered that you don't need /direct for HTML output, so I can simply use /w by itself. By interpretation of the API docs was that you needed /direct for HTML. I was wrong.
That was an amazingly quick response Aaron, thank you. Quicker than me digging into the PowerCards code to see how it did it :-)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hahaha. No worries.  /direct and /w used to have some differences in processing the HTML they are given, but I think those are pretty much gone now.  I had a suggestion about it, I should go back and review the things that it was doing and see if that's right...   =D