Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Rotate token icons without changing "facing"

Currently, "facing" is determined by the token rotation - you're facing towards the rotation handle. This comes up when you assign characters sight angles less than 360 degrees. I'm running a GURPS game that uses facing, and I'd like to assign sight lines to each character in order to make it obvious which way they're facing and to make "sneaking up from behind" a possibility in game. However, most token images are drawn facing "downwards" on the screen, which means that they end up facing the wrong way when I drop them onto the map. Could we have the ability to define which way is "forward" for a given token? It could be as simple as entering a direction in the vision block (i.e., in addition to "sight angle" there would be "sight direction"), or alternatively flip horizontal/vertical or rotation controls for the token image , maybe in the token settings dialog.
A separate Facing setting would be nice so that protrait tokens don't have to be turned upside down when someone turns around a corner. 

Edited 1479432895
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Actually I found that if you click the token and flip it vertically this fixes the issue. You can set that token, even one from a rollabel table of tokens, set your lighting and add it to the character sheet as a token and it retains this setting. Your token will now be be facing 'Up' in the direction of sight.
Mike W. said: Actually I found that if you click the token and flip it vertically this fixes the issue. You can set that token, even one from a rollabel table of tokens, set your lighting and add it to the character sheet as a token and it retains this setting. Your token will now be be facing 'Up' in the direction of sight. Try it and I think you can cancel this request. No one wants to do that for every single token they put on the map. The majority of top down tokens face down by default. We need a global offset option for token sight/light settings that rotates the angle around the token.
Cool, thanks! Agreed that it's a bit of a pain, but it's a whole lot better than flipping the image in Photoshop. I'll leave the request open, but people should feel free to reallocate their votes if they don't think this is important any longer. 
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
+1 I was only offering a 'work around' but I do agree that something like this is needed.
I have a token set that default to 90* of the "token direction"/slash token sight direction. I'm aware of how to flip the image within the token selector...anyway to rotate it?
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .