Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

NPC Token Damage

Hello, im wondering if there is a work around for this...when i make an NPC, say an orc, i make it the character, make it NPC, and drag and drop orc from compendium. Then i find an orc token, link it to orc sheet and assign the values of the bubbles. What i "want" to do is be able to drag 5 orcs from my journal during an encounter and have them take damage individually without all of them taking the damage when i minus hp of the token bubbles. The only workaround i know is to make a new one called "orc 1, orc 2, orc 3, ect. but this is a pain in the butt. and if you are fighting 20 kobolds i dont want to make 20 NPC's. Am i missing something?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Greg,  check this out and all your woes are over. You are requiring the Mook setup.

Edited 1461712422
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Vince said: I create a unique character sheet for named NPC's and unique monster's and the BBEG. However, for mooks (say 20 gnolls) you can make one sheet for a gnoll (use the NPC page of the sheet), linked to a token (using represents) and I'll link the token bars to AC, HP and maybe CMD or whatever... and set up any ability/token macros you may want. For mooks, I will "un-link" the token bars at this point, then I copy/paste the token as needed. The token's will have unique stat's that do not affect the sheet and I can still bring up a gnoll's sheet (shift+double click on the token) to roll off of. One sheet, many mooks.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Should have refreshed...  ;-P
I will try this, thank you
Be sure to check out this script when you get the mooks going. :) It handles the token-numbering by itself. <a href="https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/To" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/To</a>...