Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] 31yr old time-flexible looking to join 5E game, preferably Forgotten Realms, that will stream on Twitch!

Hey everyone! Thanks for stopping by. My e-handle is Andizlack, like "Andeeeeeezlack", but you can just call me Andy, if you'd prefer. :) I'm a 31-year old with about 2 years of real-live 2nd/3rd Edition tabletop experience, as well as experience with loads of D&D video games (Baldur's Gates, Icewind Dales, and Neverwinter Nights come to mind) and Forgotten Realm books (think I got 10 books into R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt stories before I finally gave up) that is looking to get my feet wet and join a 5E game here on Roll20.&nbsp; I have gone through character creation basics on Roll20 with a GM that set up a game just for that (thanks Heather!!), and thought I'd need to spend a good long while learning the mechanics of 5E before I thought I was ready enough to jump into a game here, but after spending a few weeks looking through starter guides, the player's handbook, and going through the character creation, I feel that with a little patience, I could be ready to add myself to a group of adventurers! I'm amazed at how streamlined and intuitive a lot of the changes have been to 5E! I'm happy with joining an existing game, or starting in a new one!&nbsp; Just a bit more about me in case you've made it this far, I am unemployed and living off of disability (bunch of chronic pain issues) so working a game into my schedule shouldn't be a problem.&nbsp;Furthermore, I am a twitch streamer that streams a bunch of games, primarily the Dark Souls series in the past 6 months or so, but I'm also working through some RPG's (The Banner Saga), and doing a solo run through Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition, as well as a duo with a buddy through Icewind Dale EE, and a bunch of random indie games. I think having a regular, weekly stream, of some Roll20 sessions would be a great staple to app to my stream that would not only bring about more interest in this site in general, but hopefully also to the members of our game. If you haven't done it, streaming with a community watching and interacting with you is a *lot* of fun!! On that note, the game that I join would need to be one that uses voice and audio of *all* of its players , meaning everybody would need to understand and be ok with their faces on the web, and have relatively good internet connections to ensure the broadcast stays a high enough quality to attract and maintain viewers, as well as be generally nice, mature, but fun, and a pleasure to be around (I don't let hate speech of any kind fly on my stream). I have also been toying with the idea of making Let's Play videos for youtube from clips of my stream so uploading our sessions to YouTube would also be an option, though not something that I am necessarily planning.&nbsp; I have already taken care of stream setup, overlays, afk screens, and all-that-jazz, so if you've been interested in bringing on a streamer who also loves to game, give me a shout! :)&nbsp; Please feel free to come check out my stream:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.twitch.tv/andizlack" rel="nofollow">https://www.twitch.tv/andizlack</a> just to see what I'm out, what kind of person I am, or even come chat about your game there with me live if you'd like! I stream most days but my hours can be pretty random.&nbsp; Best! Andizlack
Hi