Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e shaped] character sheet macro question. Token command macro to reference character sheet attack

So my question is if someone knows how to set it up so that the character macro under abilities references the attack input into the character sheet. This is primarily for NPC's. My intent is to be able to use the token action buttons to have the attack be rolled rather than having to go into the creatures character sheet specifically.  I am not very good at macros so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited 1464310410
I'm not sure about 5e, but I know in Pathfinder, it's quite simple to set it up. If you'd like, I can help you out with that really quick. But if it's like Pathfinder, all you'd need to do is put the macro text of the character ability as: %{repeating_weapon_$X_attack-roll} if it's from the character sheet. Then all you'd need to do is set it as a token action so that when you click on the token, it'll show up in the top-left hand corner (or further along that bar).
I just looked into the 5e Shaped sheet, and it wasn't coughing up any info to me... I even tried an attempt at reverse engineering (for lack of a better term) the way the sheet functions inside the game, and I can't think of anything... I don't get any reference points or anything of the sort. All I've been able to do is pull get the status check stuff. The attacks seem to be set up in a different way... I'm sorry I wasn't able to help...
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi, Corbin B. I recommend checking out the Shaped sheet's documentation for attacks ; it's very helpful.
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
As  Silvyre  pointed out, the doc contains al the needed info for referencing attacks and action for NPC in a macro. Extract from the NPC section (NPC Attacks are Actions) : Actions Example format: Attribute: @{NAME|repeating_action_ID_ATTRIBUTE} Macro: %{NAME|repeating_action_ID_action} You can use that to write your token action macro manually, or you could also used the awsome C ompanion Script for the Shaped Sheet , that contains a commad for doing that automatically. See !shaped-abilities section of the script documentation.
I second the companion script. But you DO need to link your mook token to the sheet. So, unlink the HP bar (and any other bars) so changing values on one token doesn't affect the others.
Thank You! I started using the companion script and it is doing everything I wanted and then some! I'm definitely gonna need to look at all the differenct features.  
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I also recommend the companion script - it makes things very nice. Hopefully "Alphabetically sort Token Actions" for default token macros from "My Settings" will be fixed soon for macros that you want on every character like Initiative, ability checks, saves, adv/dis, etc.