Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Making an Inline Target Number Roll Macro for Basic Fantasy

So hello again in the same day and same system, with a new conundrum... Basically I'm setting up macros for my group to allow us to roll for saving throws while factoring in racial bonuses to said throw, and comparing them to a target number we must match or surpass to succeed on the throw. While the Basic Fantasy Character Sheet for Roll20 (at least the ones DM has chosen to use) allow you to roll for a definable target number, it doesn't give you the option to add a bonus number to the throw. What I am aiming to create is an emote that looks something like this: CrazyElfGirl attempts to Save vs Spells [16] but fails! GrumpyOldDwarf attempts to save vs Dragon Breath [12] and succeeds! The box with the number is of course the inline dice result, which when hovered over shows the math behind the result, roll + bonus vs target number. So is this possible within Roll20, or am I dreaming a little to big?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I use a customized bfrpg sheet for my game and here is an example of one of my saves that I built into the sheet itself. /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Save vs.}} {{Dragon Breath: @{dragonbreath} or higher}} {{Rolled:[[1d20+?{Situational Modifier|0}]]}} I use the template just for organization purposes but the rolled sections is what you are looking for. I coupled a query to the d20 roll.
Gold
Forum Champion
Like Pat said, the main section you're looking for is like, /r d20+?{Modifier|0} (giving the option to apply a bonus to the roll) But this can be changed to inline rolls and comparing against the Saving Throw attributes recorded on the sheet, so a little more crafting on this macro and we'll have what you want exactly down.