Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[DnD 5E] [Homebrew] [Saturday] The Horrors of our Ancestors

Another night full of cold air and wind blowing through the branches of trees in the small town of Retin, though this night something seems just a tad off. Whether it’s the sound of the wind, animals, or way people have been talking, something is not sitting right in your psyche. Awoken by shrieks and the smell of smoke from fire, you come to notice your small town life has just been mixed up into a flurry of images that you could only pull out of your nightmares. The town seems to be completed shifted fighting one another while an odd stench is pungent in the air. The stench of smoke, sweat, fear, blood, and rotting. You’ve seen your townsfolk slaughtering and devouring each other as if they have completely lost their sanity. You’ve attempted to save as many people as you could, taking refuge in the town’s cathedral, you all are gripping to your sanity as tightly as you can after seeing the horrific sights making your way here. Barricading the doors the best you can all you hear if the groaning and shrieks of people. Father Buen has thus explained that an old prophecy seems to have come true from the people who built these lands. He explains that very very long ago people who took the lands of Winrix were highly gifted with power and divine magics and had to seal away it’s threats, threats ranging from simple undead, dark creations, lichs, vampires, and werewolfs. The prophecy states that one night these horrors would return as a test for the people of a new age to try and contain and store away these nightmares once again... This is a game of Fifth Edition Dungeons of Dragons centered around exploration, world building, dungeon crawling, and discovery, based with theater of the mind. The sessions start at 6 PM EST and last up to 6 hours on Saturdays, long sessions are what I love and it keeps you more involved in the game atmosphere. This is a horror based game so come with the headset of roleplaying your character as someone who can be shaken up with the sights you will see. (Pretty much not being like "Pfft, devouring someone else. Seen that before." Be in the headset of your character, sights like these have not been seen for quite some time. Life has been rather easy going, spare the casual goblins and orcs being a problem at certain times. Also there is a good amount of homebrew so come with a open mind to some things, no rule junkies "Rules as written, blah blah." I'm going to be putting a lot of effort into this game to make it enjoyable for everyone, so please don't come just to troll or waste time by leaving half way through the first session or what not! I'm trying to make an avid group of people who will become friends and roleplaying pals for years to come! Requisites: Light, no pressure Skype interview, (I understand the nature of social anxiety). Skype is what the interview will be used for, though we use Discord for games and chatting amongst each other through the week and such. I'd love for the group to be more a family than a group of random strangers that only talk and play on game days. That being said, i'm always open to bonus sessions throughout the week so be that we have everyone else agree to it and such as well. Please have at least a smidgen of courage to RP, whether you are new or a veteran embrace your character and make them known as a character and not just another background NPC. If you want to have a interview send me PM or a reply on here with your Skype and a bit about yourself as a person. (Job, Hobbies, Ect.)
I am interested and you know the old saying, "the rules are just guodelines"
Id love to join! Pm'ing you now.
I sent a PM
Sounds fun! PM sent!
PM sent
PM sent.