Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Skirmish Tuesday! Pathfinder combat-centric fun. Dec. 18, 6PM - DM Tired (EST)(UTC-5)

Just remember, the DM always has a dragon up his sleeve... and that dragon has several sleeves as well. ^_^
i would shot more if the goblin hadn't decided to get all up in my face
It was a game.. you still did a majority of the damage. And you want to shoot.. more? You hit me once for -175- damage. Be glad I didn't decide to Mind Control you, force you to throw your hackbut in the ocean, then go have you crawl inside of the dying dragons mouth, only to go and resurrect the dragon with Bend Reality so it can have a free meal. No.. all I did was Mind Thrust ye.
that was more shoot the dragon more (as in the actual dragon) also.. so many power points.. and that mind control would give me a bundle of new saves +2 (throwing hackput away is the opposite of what i would ever do and ofcourse i want to shoot more you want to use your mind powers more don't you? :P
I was too busy getting shot, grappled, fleeing an iron wall, and navigating a maze to use mine. At least I got to Mind Control an ancient dragon. That was my happy moment, even if we did botch up with the SR stuff.
actually the gm told us.. that was an animated construct of ice and snow.. not even the real dragon apparantly.. if you hadn't turned a 2nd "dragon" wouldve appeared.. that would be an illusion and then finally he would appear himself
No wonder it was so weak.. if it was a real dragon? It probably would've mazed US. At least.. thats how you're supposed to play a Dragon... as a powerful-ass sorcerer who is also a big beastie. Not the other way around.
The first one was a simulacrum. I was surprised that no one found it odd when it didn't actually attack anyone. The "real" dragon (an illusion) would have then appeared and hopefully soaked up more power points, spells, and ammunition before someone caught on and broke the illusion. Alas, hubris took its turn in dividing the party and the dragon decided to enjoy kicking back and watching the party fight each other instead of using the illusion. He actually spent most of the battle repeatedly casting Create Popcorn.
So when's the next game? Or was that just a 1-shot
Bahaha! So... that was loads of fun! Same time next week?
@Gobgob, It was several one-shots. Everyone simply opted to keep the same characters (if I remember correctly). The intent was to have a game where people could just have some fun combat without worrying about an overall plot, consistency, or even party roles. Possibly doing it again next Tuesday depending on how things work out. I'm going to try and do another newbie game Saturday and see if I can stay on schedule with two games a week. @murder1, Well, I hope it was fun for everyone considering it was an 11-hour session (I still feel like I'm the one causing slowplay and I need to re-sharpen my game management skills a bit). I'm going to mark next week down as a tentative definitely. ;)
Going to start making a new character for your Tuesday game then... same rules? 1st Level?
i'll see if i can make it again
1st level is good. New players won't take to long to make a matching character, and as long as the foundation is laid out you should be able to level them if we play a higher level. My suggestion would be to make a level 1 and then plan out which feats, spells, skills, etc. they would take at every level so that all you have to do is roll hitpoints and look up on your list to see what they have that level.
heh i have a plan... that wouldn't work at 1st level (or possibly at all).. a half-giant cavalier/summoner aka BYOM (bring/build your own mount) just curious is there a feat that let's me keep up on summoner levels? sort of like the druid one
There isn't, theres just the one that works for animal companions. Which does work for ranger companions and cavalier companions. Also: Damn you, I was going Half-Giant!
haha.. well i'm trying to do something i hardly ever do.. actually multi class for better or worse..
I'm currently building a Half-Giant Inquisitor.. with a halberd, heavy armor.. and a buckler gun with the black-powder inquisition.. killing demons and heretics in the name of the Emperor..
heh i was just thinking of eidoloning to mount and start of as a cavalier and take a few levels in it.. for some of the perks best idea? doubt it..
Hey, so will there be a game next Tuesday and if so, is there still room to join? Very interested in seeing how exactly playing over roll20 would work out - didn't try it yet, only have some experience with PbP games which are a little slow-paced for me.
if everyone uses a microphone playing over roll 20 is generally quite quick and enjoyable)
PbP is definitely sloowww. But Roll20 also works for just chat games. Voice is definitely faster, unless everyone talks too much and distracts everyone else from playing. *Cough*
or unless "someone" spends 5-10 minutes looking for a power to save his ass :P *cough*
just curious this happening today?
Bahaha! So is this happening tonight?
Well its Christmas, so I wouldn't be half surprised if we're not doing anything. Though I'm all for it, and will join if something does happen.
shrug will just go to bed then
Hey, I'm really sorry guys. I was a little too busy and distracted to make it happen with all of the holiday stuff. If anyone is interested then I'll do a makeup game either tonight or Thursday. It'll be a little bit shorter (maybe 2-3 hrs). For some events, what do you guys think of these: Tag Team Arena U B the NPC! ( Your standard "defend the castle against waves of respawning enemies" scenario except you get to play the respawning expendable assault minions!) Jousting! The cavalier discussion got me thinking... It may take some time to either find or develop mechanics for it besides "guy with +43 CMD wins". Kaiju Big Battle! I'll roll 1d20 for the CR of the combat and 2 contestants will have 10 minutes to find a monster of appropriate CR who is no smaller than large size. If no options in the CR category are available than a medium creature from one CR lower will be chosen with an applied Giant Template for +1 CR. Gotta Smash Em All! Everyone rolls a summoner... I think everyone knows where this is going. I could even bring back the Barn of Horrors from the newbie game (just kidding) ;)
If anyone's around then let me know and we'll get something going. I'll be checking in every 20 minutes or so (between xcom strat vids). ;)
just got back home i'm interested the expendable assault minions thing sounds like a kobold one shot i did.. we were playing respawning kobolds defending a mine from 1 st level adventurers and setting traps
Cool. That one will probably need a bit more prep work than the others. I'll start figuring some stuff out for it and we'll see if anyone else wants to play. :)
hah for the kobold 1 it took about 1 hour ingame for people to make signs setup traps and stuff (yup we made signs with stuff like "please don't look up.." near a pitfall trap.. or "no treasure this way" in the opposite direction of treasure)
Sorry for the delay. Been having trouble with USB support for my keyboard/mouse. Not sure if it's drivers, hardware, or just windows being windows. What say we give it a shot tomorrow so more people have time to catch wind of it too?
fine by me
I'm definitely in today if at all possible.
I'm down with today and/or tomorrow!
And I REALLY like that Kaiju Battle idea!
Everyone still into doing it tonight? Sorry, I kept refreshing another discussion and thinking there were no responses. Derp. ^_^
I'll just use some of the boards from last time. ;) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/61480/Rcpldg" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/61480/Rcpldg</a>
Sorry I'm not available for joining, doing my own D&D session with friends.
cool cool
shame i got bothered away from the pc
I'll be up for this next tuesday though, Umu.
This sounds like a lot of fun, I'm definitely in next session.
Heh saw this picture, reminded me of the troll wizard from the other day.. <a href="http://puu.sh/1GIJg" rel="nofollow">http://puu.sh/1GIJg</a>
I've actually been working on a "Sarcomancer" for a while. I'm thinking of eventually running a game with all my homebrew classes at some point.
Sarcomancer? Is that a caster of sarcasm spells? Must know more.
Look up the definition of Sarcomere. ;)
^So he makes people void their bowels by relaxing their muscles???
I had a Dwarf Rogue once who was proficient with his own bowel movements. DON'T EAT THE ORANGE BERRIES.