Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Role playing and Story telling

Hello all. I want to share with you my thought and see what your position on this is. Tough I enjoy the game so far i do want to add some sessions with the emphasis on rule play and storytelling. For instance we can just see what we want to buy for equipment on a list or we can have a session role playing going to the blacksmith and bargain with him, then go to the local enchanter and so on. I would like to do all aspects while role playing because it gives us a chance to show other aspects of our characters, use more than our combat abilities and so on. I also would like to have sessions or part of sessions where we have a “camp fire” moment = meaning a time where we have no urgent thing to do and can just talk and get to know the history and character of each PC. What are your opinion guys? What would you like? And about the story telling aspect - i would like the adventure to grow and develop to more epic scale continuous story line over sessions, what do you think?
the story line is/was the base idea..the plan was for the characters to make a choice out of three employment offers and follow that arc through..with periods to returning to town/base camp for resupply and so role-play but not too much,

Edited 1470591775
Yea, you can role playing taking the reading proficiency, so you can learn spells and cast scrolls. You could also role play taking some combat oriented skills, since you, as a cleric, like to take the main tank role in combat. I would love to role-play stalling through a dangerous forest to find me a pet/henchmen.