Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Issue with World Map Discovery

I'm having issues with World Map Discovery. I have installed the plugin, Vector Math, MatrixMath, Path Math, and Token Collisions. I place an object on the GM layer, add the white tower icon, set radius but when I move onto the area it does not show up. Strange thing is, It's a Trap works fine. Any ideas?
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Any messages in the console log?

Edited 1472053542
Just this - "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - test." Then I saved the It's a trap script and this appeared: "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - test." Restarting sandbox due to script changes... Previous shutdown complete, starting up... Spinning up new sandbox... "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - default." "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - test."
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ok, so there aren't any errors. Are you working on the players page with the map locations and is the token you're testing with bound to a character?
So from the GM page I click Re-Join as Player. I am using a token which is controlled by myself on the map with the player flag. Although, on the Represents Charater bit it's set to Non/Generic Token.
Ok - I realised that if I set the character up via the journal it works. Please excuse my ignorance. Thank you for your support - I really love your plugin! 
Although quick question, is there anyway that the castle icon can be hidden when the graphic appears? With small objects it's quite a pain.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Not currently. Maybe in a future update.
Ok! Thank you for the help!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In the meantime (although Stephen is legendary with his quick fixes!) you could choose to 'import' the script rather than 'add' it which would give you an editable (but not automatically updated to the latest version) version of the script. Changing line 86 of that import from location.set('layer', 'objects'); to location.set('layer', 'map'); would cause the tokens to move from the GM layer to the map layer instead, status icons don't show on the map layer but still exist in terms of the VTT in case anything else is looking for them (API etc).

Edited 1472068312
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That will cause any nameplate for the location to disappear too though, a useful feature to have to identify locations the PCs discover. Instead you could add a line to remove the white-tower status when it is moved to the objects layer. location.set('status_white-tower', false);
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Stephen L. said: That will cause any nameplate for the location to disappear too though, a useful feature to have to identify locations the PCs discover. Instead you could add a line to remove the white-tower status when it is moved to the objects layer. location.set('status_white-tower', false); See I told you he was quick, especially when goaded ;) My level of script tweaking = hack, Stephen's = correct... he wins lol
Stephen L. said: That will cause any nameplate for the location to disappear too though, a useful feature to have to identify locations the PCs discover. Instead you could add a line to remove the white-tower status when it is moved to the objects layer. location.set('status_white-tower', false); Love this. :) So simple but very helpful.