Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Problem with roll20 on chrome

hello all, i am currently using firefox over chrome as i am having trouble with it. When i try to access roll20 from chrome it says the sites credentials are not right and won't connect. i have no problem with any other site or roll20 on IE or FF but it just won't work on chrome.  Anyone else come across this problems or know why it might be happening? i did a full scan on my pc with my protection software and i also cleaned out all info on chrome but still getting it and not sure why. haven't come across anything on google on what might help either as the solutions didn't work for me. thanks to all tips and help!
Are you running Chrome in Linux, Windows or Mac? I had something like this happen to me a few months ago on different websites. Turned out to be a regression bug when I updated Chrome to the latest version in Linux. Something about Chrome not reading the date/time from Linux correctly made it think all the certs had expired.
I don't know if this is related, but I am suddenly also having issues with roll20 on chrome.  I was in my game perfectly fine last night on chrome, but today, as soon as the game loads up, it gets most of the way through the countdown, and then my entire chrome crashes.  I am about to try firefox instead.
I am running it on windows 10
I'm also running it on windows 10 (with the anniversary update).  the only difference I can think of between when it ran last night and my crashing today is the audio communications stuff, because last night, I was in by myself setting up my game, and today, there is someone else in there, so it's enabling the communications software.  and I'm running it fine in firefox at the moment, though it performs a little better in chrome, except for the crashing.
I have been having issues with Chrome on Roll20 and other sites. Aw Snap started happening a lot about 4 days ago. I also get the little shield warning that Roll20 is running scripts that are not safe.
Glad to know its not me i think it may be on chromes end. i have zero problems on FF that i have coming up on chrome. i may just switch to FF from chrome since i can import all my bookmarks and see what happens another date or if someone gets a solution for this.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hey everyone. Even though it seems to be the same problem, there could be other individual factors involved so can each of you (other than the original poster) start your individual bug threads with the results from our troubleshooting guide?  Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Many already tried Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
anything else i need to post for a possible solution or is everything good on my end?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pat S. said: If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you! Emphasis mine.