Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about Achievement conditions and why they don't trigger

Edited 1474881219
Is there a minimum number of time/players that a game needs to have been created for before it counts towards your running a game tag?  I didn't realise there was an achievement for running more than one game until recently, but looking over my achievement history, I didn't get the achievement for running 1 game until several days/weeks after I got the achievement for posting a LFG post for that game. I've since made a lot of games to check out the free modules, and to use character sheets of other systems and if needed access the character vault, as I want to try out other systems with friends, but we're not sure what to try first, so this seems a great place to learn a system and play around, make checks and get a feel for how a game plays out with a lot of character sheets having good API already setup to click on sheet elements. This now totals 13 games, yet no other achievement has popped up, just left me wondering what the condition is, since making a game and posting an LFG for it didn't give me the achievement for running 1 game, is there something else going on or is it just a bit weird? Last thing, almost every game I've ever made was fully filled out, yet I only got the achievement for doing that in the last day or two, despite doing nothing new. I lied, there is another thing.  10k dice roll achievement just doesn't seem to trigger, is there a maximum number of dice per roll for it to count? As I noticed if you roll more than 999d1 the total still caps at 999. Just wondering if some achievements are only updated/refreshed on certain days/times whereas others update instantly or if something else is afoot, as there seems to be a lot of weird issues regarding when achievements are given. I'm aware there is no significance to achievements, but it just seems they are a bit quirky to say the least regarding getting them to trigger for doing the things they say they're given for.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Here is our wiki page about the  achievements if you did not know about it. Some achievements have multiple requirements that are not expressly clear so they aren't awarded when people think they should be. Are there specific achievements that you feel you should have that are not being shown?
Thank you for the reply and link to the wiki, I didn't think to look there despite reading another thread just now about the tutorial where it was linked... Not having 2 players in all but 3 of my games certainly explains why the game# achievement hasn't triggered, as friends I game with likely won't join until I tell them "we're playing this today, join this game." So there's no worries on that, I just found it unusual, but I'm glad to have that cleared up. Only one that I'm certain I should have is the one for rolling 10k dice.  Even just messing around spamming rolls to confirm what seems to be a hard cap of 999 dice, or checking standard deviation of the totals when rolling different quantities of different dice. Do /gmroll results count? Do rolls in games that have no players count? They've all been done manually rather than via an API. I've not rolled large quantities in games with other players in the public chat, because that seems spammy and annoying and I've noticed large dice rolls showing in the chat bar cause a lot of lag until cleared.
Ok just tested even in a game with 2+ players, rolling in the public chat in groups of 500d10. Left the game open for about 20 minutes after making the rolls. Still doesn't seem to update the dice rolling achievement. At this point, I'm more curious about what the hidden condition/requirement is rather than on getting it. I'm marginally obsessive...  >.>
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The 10k dice is an in game with players achievement, I believe. I have been on roll20 since almost the beginning and have not hit that achievement yet even though I'm slinging dice all the time with code testing and such.
I guess I'll have to abuse my players eyes with dice rolls at some point to check if that's the deal breaker for the achievement. No one around at the moment, and rolling in a game with players in it, but on your own certainly doesn't count, although it seems neither does having two players present...  still seems weird.
Gold
Forum Champion
Xanoth :: Ian said: Ok just tested even in a game with 2+ players, rolling in the public chat in groups of 500d10. Each time you rolled 500d10 is only 1 roll towards the 10,000 Rolls achievement. I don't have that one on my profile quite yet either. Not sure if it counts at all if you are the lone member of the game roster. I know it counts if you have at least 1 other person, as my co-member of a 2-person game gained a dice achievement while we were playing one day.

Edited 1474926122
yup, you're right. it's per result. thx