Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[SW - Saga] Star Wars Saga Edition (New thread)

Alicia
Sheet Author
Star Wars Saga Edition Character Sheet Contains a PC, NPC and Vehicle tab with auto-calculating fields based on input. My goal is to make this all encompassing for the current and any House Rules which may come up. I've used this sheet ( <a href="http://www.mad-irishman.net/pub_starwars.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.mad-irishman.net/pub_starwars.html</a> ) as a reference for the design. Because of how things are formatted with CSS I've excluded some fields to make things "prettier" and well, because I don't find them necessary. For full details on the sheet functionality and change log, please see the wiki page . Please feel free to drop comments and suggestions for the sheet here in this thread. Roll20 Repository My fork

Edited 1476214868
Alicia
Sheet Author
October 10, 2016 Pull Request #1950 Attacks collapse to vital info Character Perception shortcut - removed extra } in roll Vehicle Pilot - removed extra } in roll Started adding code for Translation - WIP

Edited 1477027940
Vehicle weapons not rolling right, they add in attack where note should be and there is no damage where is should be also extra }&nbsp;is in the attribute and skill roll for the vehicle as will see below:
Alicia
Sheet Author
MrPopo said: Vehicle weapons not rolling right, they add in attack where note should be and there is no damage where is should be also extra }&nbsp;is in the attribute and skill roll for the vehicle as will see below: Thanks for pointing this out. I'll look into it this weekend for next weeks merge.

Edited 1477991262
Alicia
Sheet Author
alright.. All fixed. Putting a pull request into Roll20 for updated October 28, 2016 Pull Request #1995

Edited 1477841829
thank you how long does the update take?

Edited 1477851428
Alicia
Sheet Author
MrPopo said: thank you how long does the update take? Once the request is approved it's generally sometime that week. It looks like they've been taking care of them on a weekly basis.

Edited 1477867495
thanks again, Alicia! Happy holidays

Edited 1479413561
Most values that draw dynamically from others seem not to update in real-time and require some manual raising/lowering until they do. For example, Level 1 and DEX score of 10 (+0 Mod), lead to an Acrobatics total of 0. If I now lower the DEX score to 9 (-1 Mod), the Acrobatics total should automatically change to -1, though it does not. Only by manually updating the value (i.e. ticking one of the T/F boxes or raising/lowering the Misc bonus), the total changes. (They also update by closing and opening the sheet itself.) Maybe you are aware of this and it can't be fixed, but knowing so would at least calm my soul.

Edited 1479440731
Alicia
Sheet Author
It's a design flaw from the very beginning. Had I known the max portion of the attribute wouldn't auto calculate whenever something was change like with the main attribute I wouldn't have written it that way.. As it stands, it can be fixed with sheet workers, but I just haven't had the time. In the meantime, simply closing the sheet and reopening it does the trick. And really the values affected, I've noticed, don't need to be changed very often and roll values are correct. You're actually the first to really bring it up in the forum, though I've known about it for some time. While I do find it inconvenient at times myself. Its never been detrimental to my games. Before sheet workers, correcting the issue would have pretty much involved creating a new sheet with half the fields being renamed on the back end. &nbsp;One of these days I'll get around to converting the calculations stored in the max values to sheet workers, but really it's not a huge priority right now.
Is it possible to add a way to make Dex weapons instead of always being str and having to change it. Not a big deal but making npc's would be faster. Just a thought.

Edited 1479493831
Alicia
Sheet Author
Salicar said: Is it possible to add a way to make Dex weapons instead of always being str and having to change it. Not a big deal but making npc's would be faster. Just a thought. And then I'd have people complain dex is the default :P Since you're a pro member you can use the custom sheet and change the portion of the NPC attacks to default as Dex instead of STR. On my phone right now but I'll edit later with the line numbers to change.

Edited 1479516212
Alicia
Sheet Author
As promised copy and paste both the&nbsp;HTML and CSS from the&nbsp; Roll20 repository as a custom sheet. Change line 2004 &lt;span class="table-data center"&gt; &lt;input type="text" name="attr_Attack" value="@{BAB}+@{dex|max}" title="Attack Total (You can use formulas, for example: @{BAB}+@{STR|max} or enter the total attack modifier) @{repeating_npc-attack_X_attack}" style="width:100%" /&gt; &lt;/span&gt; Change line 2018 to &lt;span class="table-data center"&gt; &lt;input type="text" name="attr_damage_max" value="@{level|max}" style="width:100%" title="Weapon Damage Bonus (You can use formulas, for example: (@{STR|max}*2)+@{level|max} or enter the entire Damage roll for example: 6) @{repeating_npc-attack_X_damage|max}"/&gt; &lt;/span&gt; That will set the default value for the NPC attacks and damage for ranged.
Thanks for that. Will help with my new chars. This is my first star wars game on roll20. &nbsp;Also what i was trying to say but not every good at&nbsp;articulating my thoughts. Have both a ranged and melee boxes so you can default both on the char sheet. like making a melee attack area and a ranged one. Also is there a way to say what npc is doing what in chat. Not sure if its possible. &nbsp;thanks Alicia

Edited 1479561100
Alicia
Sheet Author
Salicar said: Thanks for that. Will help with my new chars. This is my first star wars game on roll20. &nbsp;Also what i was trying to say but not every good at&nbsp;articulating my thoughts. Have both a ranged and melee boxes so you can default both on the char sheet. like making a melee attack area and a ranged one. Also is there a way to say what npc is doing what in chat. Not sure if its possible. &nbsp;thanks Alicia Welcome! I hope your finding the sheet useful.&nbsp; I feel having both melee and ranged on there might bloat up the sheet a bit. If I should get around to it, I may consider adding a drop box (Melee, Ranged) which with the help of sheet workers could change the formula with a select. As for your second question, I'm not sure what you're asking? Are you asking how to express what an NPC, of which you have multiples on the map, are doing?&nbsp; if that is your question: each GM might have their own way, but I'll label each of these mooks with a number (Aaron's token number script handy for this). Generally I'll create on, get the settings where I want them including assigning the token bars. (All my tokens are set up with Reflex bar 1, DT bar 2 and HP bar 3). Before I make copies I reset the mooks bars to none so they don't affect the sheet, but you can still keep the sheet linked. By assigning the token as the default token in the sheet and by setting up the token with the token numbering API I can drag as many of the pre-made mooks from the journal onto the map.and they'll have numbers to them. when their initiative cones up I'll just go in numerical order saying something like: Storntrooper 1 and 2 combine fire on PC. My players will also tell me by number which one their attacking, useful for when the map is laden with possibilities.
this there is no name on the roll for strength. but there is on this want to know if there was a way to say in chat storm trooper rolls str, attack etc.
Alicia
Sheet Author
Ah gotcha. You'd have to modify the roll of the NPC section of the sheet a bit more. Or, create custom macros using the roll in question. if you look at the vehicle section skills HTML you could format the rolls similarly.

Edited 1482963941
This might be a dumb question but for ease of use say I wanted to get these files to work on a subdomain so we could use it independently from the roll20 site. I got it mostly working but I am having a problem getting the .json files to work. you can check it out at starwars.adventureswithtim.com&nbsp; Why outside roll20?&nbsp; Because we are playing in person, but I wanted them to have a way to quickly create their characters. Mostly because they are new and this will help them fill out modifiers etc.&nbsp; Any advice is greatly appreciated.&nbsp;
Alicia
Sheet Author
The sheet was built specifically for use on Roll20 and makes use of a number of built in functions that Roll20 has provided for sheet building. Without recreating the jQuery/Javascript used on Roll20 it won't be easily converted.&nbsp; If you need something strictly for calculating outside of Roll20 and don't need to necessarily save the results you could use this rather basic calculator I made long before Roll20 was a thing:&nbsp; <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/file/98m6u6scllrdg25/saga" rel="nofollow">http://www.mediafire.com/file/98m6u6scllrdg25/saga</a>... The advantage of using Roll20 is that they'll have a digitial version of the sheet which performs all the calculations they need. There's tons of threads concerning using Roll20 as part of in person game. Might be worth looking into. Otherwise, unfortunately, I cannot be of any help making this sheet work outside of the Roll20 enviroment.
I'm having some odd issue where im seeing a -2 armor check penalty being applied to rolls but there isn't any armor worn or even listed on the sheet itself. Adding armor like heavy armor doesn't impact the penalty any either despite it should be making the penalty worse. It just seems to be a stuck value that I can't seem to find a way to fix. Any help would be appreciated.