Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Script or way to make a token follow another immediately after drop?

So, we are playing with extreme ranges in a futuristic 40k RPG. I like to make large maps for my players but the biggest complaint is movement on that scale. The Ruler's and text don't scale when dragging to measure your character. I had the idea of having a transparent token that has a visible aura equal to the character's movement so they can see their range that would follow the player when they drop them. The reason to do this instead of having the aura on the character is then the aura will be static until they drop their token. Is there some script that would do this? I've tried marching order and a few others but they don't move them immediately after the token drops. If anyone has any other scripts that would assist with large distance/large scale maps I'd appreciate that too. Even tips and tricks.

Edited 1477494500
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This one will do what you need, the 'carried' token doesn't move until you release the token carrying it :)
Gold
Forum Champion
Paul, in regards to being able to see the ruler measurement, please add your comments and vote +1 on this suggestion if you like it, The size of the distance measurement should scale with zoom levels [ Ruler ]